Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Starting Classic Wow advice

Hey Team,

Just starting Wow Classic now as I finally have the time again ,

Any advice for a good NA Pvp server I generally like pretty full busy servers even if there is queues or else the world feels too empty for me,

Now the game has been out for awhile I'm happy to play any role / class is there any feeling for what roles are more in demand tank/dps/healers

Thanks

Classic is actually a broken game. Might as well play BfA, if you like World of Warcraft.

Or play it for a while? Just to get it out of your system. That seems worked for many.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Classic is actually a broken game. Might as well play BfA, if you like World of Warcraft.

Or play it for a while? Just to get it out of your system. That seems worked for many.
    BfA is a black hole. A void of nothing.
    No community.
    Can (and will) be played solo and without ever saying a word.

Classic is the one and only good MMORPG of the market.

Facts

What's the broken aspects of it ? sorry im so out of touch with WoW these days

Tips:

Pick a High Population realm
    Tanks are in high demand (i paid several tanks to run instances) (druids, warriors, Palas, anyone can tank at low levels...warriors are the main tanks at level 60)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    BfA is a black hole. A void of nothing.
    No community.
    Can (and will) be played solo and without ever saying a word.

Classic is the one and only good MMORPG of the market.

Facts
    Whatever rocks your boat, mate I see your perspective too.

Whatever rocks your boat, mate I see your perspective too.
    Have to agree with him though, I tried to make a retail comeback in 8.3 but got bored to shit after few weeks with the endless daily grind. Classic is just much more fun right now. I really hope they will somehow turn retail away from that annoying endless grind mode with Shadowlands.

Classic is not broken, it's just not balanced to today's standards. Classic is a great and immersive MMORPG that is a lot of times tedious. It's still a great experience.

My only advice: embrace it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Druid is the ultimate class if you only care for being in demand. You can easily tank in instances to 60 (where tanks are in big demand), and switch to healing at endgame (where its usually healers in demand).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Have to agree with him though, I tried to make a retail comeback in 8.3 but got bored to shit after few weeks with the endless daily grind. Classic is just much more fun right now. I really hope they will somehow turn retail away from that annoying endless grind mode with Shadowlands.
    It probably won't, we're talking about DEVs that said the RNG on WF/TF was too much, so they implemented corruption. What I do right now, is to play as little as possible. I have 2 chars, don't do the dailies, do the assaults and minor vision and leveling the legendary cloak is pretty easy now. If you are not yet done with your essences, then yes, its a lot, but doable as long as you're not alting a lot.

The only way to play BFA is to play as little as possible, while doing only M+ with friends and raid if you enjoy it. No point in chasing reverered and chasing corruption.

My advice. Don't.

World of Quecraft is shite and so is World of Corruption and lootboxcraft.

I mean.

You are wrong. Not going to tell you what part. But everything you said is 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I mean.

You are wrong. Not going to tell you what part. But everything you said is 100% wrong.
    Of course you won't tell which part cause you are 100% wrong yourself. Not going to tell you why because it's 100% obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    It probably won't, we're talking about DEVs that said the RNG on WF/TF was too much, so they implemented corruption. What I do right now, is to play as little as possible. I have 2 chars, don't do the dailies, do the assaults and minor vision and leveling the legendary cloak is pretty easy now. If you are not yet done with your essences, then yes, its a lot, but doable as long as you're not alting a lot.

The only way to play BFA is to play as little as possible, while doing only M+ with friends and raid if you enjoy it. No point in chasing reverered and chasing corruption.
    Yea, that would probably be the better way to enjoy BFA. Sadly almost all my friends already quit the game while waiting for Shadowlands, and the guild basically has one inbred bunch of people who just run M16+, and you can't get into those groups if you don't basically just sit staring at gchat whole evening waiting for them to start running and hope to get in.

Ok ill tell you why.

Cause classic is 100% more engaging and fun to play in the open world. Period. Bfas actual leveling and open world is garbage.

Classic is far superior in everyway but 1 and thats raids. That is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Ok ill tell you why.

Cause classic is 100% more engaging and fun to play in the open world. Period. Bfas actual leveling and open world is garbage.

Classic is far superior in everyway but 1 and thats raids. That is it.
    Not really, retail also wins by far in PvP, dungeons and out-of-raid content that doesn't even exist in Classic.

Classic wins with it's more real feeling open world and atmosphere which is mostly caused by the open world. Community is tighter since it's just one server without unnecessary layering/phasing, though the crossrealm BGs are kinda messing with that. Sadly most of the content is just plain worse than in retail. Dungeons, raids, quests, PvP, pretty much everything. Not to mention the insanely awful class/spec balance. Even if the world quest grind in retail is lame, it's at least something. Classic is just World of Raidlogging.

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    Hey Team,

Just starting Wow Classic now as I finally have the time again ,

Any advice for a good NA Pvp server I generally like pretty full busy servers even if there is queues or else the world feels too empty for me,

Now the game has been out for awhile I'm happy to play any role / class is there any feeling for what roles are more in demand tank/dps/healers

Thanks
    Take as long as you need. Theres no need to rush. If you start feeling burnt out, take a break and come back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Not really, retail also wins by far in PvP, dungeons and out-of-raid content that doesn't even exist in Classic.
    PvP is not better in retail lol. Retail PvP is the worst its ever been... classic dungeons are far superior to retail dungeons, unless youre specifically talking about mythic+. The "out of raid content" in retail is either tedious, un-engaging and feels like a chore, or youre farming tmog sets. Unless you like warfronts and islands, in which case youre a minority.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-03 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    What's the broken aspects of it ? sorry im so out of touch with WoW these days
    I wouldn't listen to him, he's clearly mad because Classic is popular and BFA is a garbage, dead tumbleweed.

OT: Tanks are the most in demand with healers to a lesser extent. On a popular realm you will have no problem as a dps, though. Try get a decent guild asap. I'd also be wary of what you loot when leveling as some items/mats can make you some decent money on the AH.
    Depends what your goal is as this is Classic and an early iteration of the game, some specs are very poor and you'll struggle to do anything competitively.

Don't play classic. Best advice

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP, best advice I can give you is to ignore anyone who doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion.

Play what you enjoy man, in the case of classic, just check out the forums and get a feel for what the communities are on the servers you're looking at. Rolling a tank or heals is probably a safe starting assumption, but because of the nature of classic; I wouldn't invest too much into either without first confirming that they will fill the need you're looking to fill, unless you don't mind rerolling; which is also fine.

What's fun for you? What do you want to play? You finally have the time; spend it however feels the most fun for you mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

If i were to start playing classic alone with no friends, id rather play bfa. Open world on classic is overrated for how much youll do and get compared to bfa, right now since most ppl is 60 youll only find bots and ppl farming not caring to interact with each other and world pvp is you running from ppl 5+ lvls from you otherwise they wont even get near you, worst case scenario is being camped and enjoying the 15 min walk from gy to die again xd