Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    To all the people saying Shaman = Orc and Troll, the default totems in classic are master race Tauren's for a reason.
    Yea shaman are a bit weird. The class is effectively an amalgamation of W3 Far Seer, Shadow Hunter, Witch Doctor, Shaman, Spirit Walker, and Tauren Chieftain units.

*Which were made up of trolls, Orcs, and Tauren. I'd argue, if shaman are suppose to be first and formost masters of the elements then Orcs are the best definition of an OG shaman. Tauren were all about the spirit side of Shaman(Which is still a thing) and Trolls were on the voodoo side I.E. Hex.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2020-03-18 at 04:41 AM.

Alliance
    Human: Death Knight
    Dwarf: Hunter
    Night Elf: Demon Hunter
    Gnome: Mage
    Draenei: Shaman
    Worgen: Druid
    Pandaren: Monk
    Void Elf: Priest
    Lightforged: Paladin
    Dark Iron: Warlock
    Kul Tiran: Warrior
    Mechagnome: Rogue

Horde
    Orc: Warrior
    Undead: Death Knight
    Tauren: Druid
    Troll: Hunter
    Blood Elf: Demon Hunter
    Goblin: Mage
    Nightborne: Warlock
    Highmountain: Shaman
    Mag'har: Priest
    Zandalari: Paladin
    Vulpera: Rogue

Alliance
    Human: Paladin
    Night Elf: Druid
    Draenei: Paladin
    Worgen: Rogue
    Void Elf: Priest
    Dark Iron: Warrior
    Mechagnome: Hunter?

Horde
    Undead: Death Knight
    Tauren: Shaman
    Blood Elf: Mage
    Goblin: Rogue
    Nightborne: Mage
    Highmountain: Hunter
    Mag'har: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    human - druid
    dwarf - mage
    gnome - warrior
    night elf - warlock
    Draenei - Rogue
    pandaren - Paladin
    LFD -. Death knight
    Mechagnome - Shaman
    Kultiran human - Demon hunter
    void elf - hunter
    Dark iron Dwarf - Priest
    Worgen - Monk
    Human (not fatboi) Druid HYPE
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

If we want to put a different class on each race it becomes quite difficult and some won't make a lot of sense (what the hell should goblins be), but this is my best.

Human Death Knight
    Dwarf Hunter
    Gnome Rogue
    Night Elf Demon Hunter
    Draenei Priest
    Worgen Druid

Kul Tiran Warrior
    Dark Iron Shaman
    Mechagnome Mage
    Void Elf Warlock
    Lightforged Paladin

Orc Death Knight
    Troll Shaman
    Tauren Druid
    Forsaken Priest
    Blood Elf Demon Hunter
    Goblin Warlock

Mag'har Warrior
    Zandalari Paladin
    Highmountain Hunter
    Nightborne Mage
    Vulpera Rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance:

Draenei: Priest
    Worgen: Warrior
    Lightforge Draenei: Paladin
    Void Elf: Shadow Priest
    Dark Iron Dwarf: Warlock
    Kul Tiran Human: Rogue (pirate, mariner theme)
    Mechagnome: ?

Horde:

Undead: Warlock
    Blood Elf: Mage
    Highmountain Tauren: Shaman
    Mag'har Orcs: Warrior
    Zandalar Trolls: Priest

Pandaren: Monk (d'uh)
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Okay I'm bored, so I'll participate !

Alliance:

Human: DK - The very first Death Knight were humans (by bodies at least) and the first Death Knights as we know them were humans.
    Dwarf: Hunter - Riflemen, also the vanilla cinematic who became iconic
    Gnome: Mage - They are the cleverest after all
    Night Elf: DH - First and most iconic DH were Night elves
    Draenei: Priest - Light bitches
    Worgen: Druid - Feral side, attuned with nature
    Lightforge Draenei: Paladin - Angry light bitches
    Void Elf: Warlock - Bad bitches using bad magic, and what is the nether, once you have conquered the void ?
    Dark Iron Dwarf: Shaman - Slaves of an Elemental lord, attuned to its power
    Kul Tiran Human: Warrior - Because they the biggest
    Mechagnome: Rogue - Scrappers who can use multiple tech gadgets

Horde:

Orc: Warlock - This class was a big part of the green orc history
    Troll: Hunter - Headhunter, Shadowhunters, savage tribes, yeah, yeah
    Tauren: Paladin - They always were the goody two-shoes of their faction and they bring a really different interpretation of the class
    Undead: DK - Because basically they are humans who are dead
    Blood Elf: DH - They are the only DH Horde race, so this is their burden.
    Goblin: Rogue - For obvious reasons you sneaky bastards
    Highmountain Tauren: Druid - Blessing of E'chero and being noticed by Cenarius-senpai make them better druids
    Nightborne: Mage - They are even better than BE at being Mages
    Mag'har Orcs: Warrior - They are like usual orcs except warlock wasn't a big part of their history
    Zandalar Trolls: Priest - Many loa to worship = many priests to do the worshipping
    Vulpera: Shaman - Special resilience to the fire element, living in a desert make them rely more on the elements for survival, you could guess

Last edited by DatToffer; 2020-03-22 at 07:18 PM.

Race by class:

Alliance
    Draenei: Priest
    Worgen: Rogue
    Void Elf: Priest(shadow)
    Dark Iron: Warlock
    Mechagnome: ????

Horde
    Undead: Warlock
    Blood Elf: Warlock
    Highmountain: Hunter
    Mag'har: Warrior
    Vulpera: Rogue maybe

Class by race:
    Warrior: Orc
    Paladin: Human
    Death Knight: Human
    Hunter: Dwarf
    Shaman: Tauren
    Monk: Pandaren
    Druid: Night Elf
    Rogue: Human
    Demon Hunter: Night Elf
    Warlock: Orc
    Mage: Human
    Priest: Draenei
    Last edited by Skinkfoot; 2020-03-22 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    100% agree except i would swap gnome and dark iron dwarf. Plenty of gnome warlocks in lore, and DI Dwarves are more martial focused generally.
    Dark Iron dwarves are caster focused. They were a spellcaster caste, as opposed to more martial Bronzebeards and Wildhammers.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Dark Iron dwarves are caster focused. They were a spellcaster caste, as opposed to more martial Bronzebeards and Wildhammers.
    You're absolutely right in that they are more magical than their more martial cousins, but while spellcasting is more common in their ranks, they are still focused on blacksmithing primarily and boast a majority of martial classes, especially rogues and warriors. Priests remain fairly common as they do with normal dwarves, and warlocks and mages are more common than with other dwarves, however, they are still the vast minority.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

You're absolutely right in that they are more magical than their more martial cousins, but while spellcasting is more common in their ranks, they are still focused on blacksmithing primarily and boast a majority of martial classes, especially rogues and warriors. Priests remain fairly common as they do with normal dwarves, and warlocks and mages are more common than with other dwarves, however, they are still the vast minority.
    Their sorcerers are quite prevalent, looking at their leaders, the senate, and their appearances during battles. They usually come with golems, elementals, shamans, mages, shadowmancers and heavy infantry. I wouldn't call spellcasters a minority. They are a huge part of their society, just like engineers and martial focused dwarves.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior: Vulpera.

Their sorcerers are quite prevalent, looking at their leaders, the senate, and their appearances during battles. They usually come with golems, elementals, shamans, mages, shadowmancers and heavy infantry. I wouldn't call spellcasters a minority. They are a huge part of their society, just like engineers and martial focused dwarves.
    I actually reviewed tons of images and lore about DI dwarves when I responded to you before. While you are right that the majority of their non-priest leadership uses magic to enhance their martial prowess and that of their soldiers, in almost every image and battle I could find, the leaders are completely surrounded by swords and boards (with the occasional gun).

Thanks for the civil conversation
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I actually reviewed tons of images and lore about DI dwarves when I responded to you before. While you are right that the majority of their non-priest leadership uses magic to enhance their martial prowess and that of their soldiers, in almost every image and battle I could find, the leaders are completely surrounded by swords and boards (with the occasional gun).

I discussed this with my friends and we came to conclusion that they can have the biggest caster percentage of all non-elf races(maybe except Draenei, who have priest/paladin overload) but their spellcasters are a minority because teaching common folk magic is hard. However, the nobles are likely mostly sorcerers, as they have time, money and tradition to learn magic.

It is always good to talk in civil way. The trick is to avoid words "Alliance" and "Horde".

10+ Year Old Account

True. But the same could be said of any race. Most Nightborne are not spellcasters. Still, magic is so central to their culture that the mage is the nightborne's iconic class. Most Night Elves are not druids. Most Taurens would simply swing an axe rather than commune with the spirits to throw a lighning bolt. Same with the Dark Irons. Modgud, Thaurissan, the summoning of Ragnaros, the golems, etc. show that magic is a huge part of DI culture. More so than the two other dwarf nations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    True. But the same could be said of any race. Most Nightborne are not spellcasters. Still, magic is so central to their culture that the mage is the nightborne's iconic class. Most Night Elves are not druids. Most Taurens would simply swing an axe rather than commune with the spirits to throw a lighning bolt. Same with the Dark Irons. Modgud, Thaurissan, the summoning of Ragnaros, the golems, etc. show that magic is a huge part of DI culture. More so than the two other dwarf nations.
    Quite not right, Nightborne are predominant in the "arcane magics" even their Melee bruisers are spellcasters (mageblades as we know it) thats why their pasive its the 1% of arcane damage. As the night elves, only Males were Druids and females were the Warrior/hunter centrics. Taurens in the other hands their were the classic "Fighter" class, meaning they can be anything with a little training, Druidism was just added because we needed a Druid class for the Horde and their strong connection to the wild gods (HM taurens)

For the DI culture i think people because they are dwarfs they believe they are "me muscle only me smash" but in reality they are like Nightborne, predominant in the "magic schools/element bindings"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Quite not right, Nightborne are predominant in the "arcane magics" even their Melee bruisers are spellcasters (mageblades as we know it) thats why their pasive its the 1% of arcane damage. As the night elves, only Males were Druids and females were the Warrior/hunter centrics. Taurens in the other hands their were the classic "Fighter" class, meaning they can be anything with a little training, Druidism was just added because we needed a Druid class for the Horde and their strong connection to the wild gods (HM taurens)

For the DI culture i think people because they are dwarfs they believe they are "me muscle only me smash" but in reality they are like Nightborne, predominant in the "magic schools/element bindings"
    Nightborne are predominent in magic, yes, but most of the population are not mages. Still, their iconic class is the mage. If we had to appoint one classe to that race, it must be mage. That's the point. Magic is predominent in DI society as well, but most DI are not spellcasters. The mainstay of any army remains sword swinging, axe hacking grunts. It remains that when we are thinking of DI, we see some sorcerer, some dark magic user. Or some blacksmith, but since it's not a class...

I discussed this with my friends and we came to conclusion that they can have the biggest caster percentage of all non-elf races(maybe except Draenei, who have priest/paladin overload) but their spellcasters are a minority because teaching common folk magic is hard. However, the nobles are likely mostly sorcerers, as they have time, money and tradition to learn magic.

It is always good to talk in civil way. The trick is to avoid words "Alliance" and "Horde".
    <3 thanks for making my day better.

- - - Updated - - -

Nightborne are predominent in magic, yes, but most of the population are not mages. Still, their iconic class is the mage. If we had to appoint one classe to that race, it must be mage. That's the point. Magic is predominent in DI society as well, but most DI are not spellcasters. The mainstay of any army remains sword swinging, axe hacking grunts. It remains that when we are thinking of DI, we see some sorcerer, some dark magic user. Or some blacksmith, but since it's not a class...
    I agree that any race will have a predominantly S&B army, but when you look at their actual lifestyles and cultures - Nightborne live in a city run on magic and nearly everyone you meet uses magic in some way in their daily life. DI's are definitely not that invested in it. They live like dwarves in day to day life for the most part and still rely HEAVILY on mechanical engineering.
    -Darsithis

Actually nightborne teach all their children magic.

Death Knight- Human/High Elf both were in the area it started
    Demon Hunter- Night Elf
    Druid- Night Elf
    Hunter Dwarf/Troll
    Mage - High Elf/Human
    Monk - Pandaren
    Paladin - Human/Lightforged Draenei
    Priest - Human(Holy) /Undead(Shadow)
    Rouge - Human/Worgen (undead seem right but their bones creak)
    Shaman - Tauren/Draenei
    Warlock - Orc
    Warrior - Orc/Maghar/Dwarf/Dark Iron