Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Animal violence in expacs!!

Has anyone ever been really bored and figured out what expac has the most animal violence?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No. So why don't you go ahead and do just that?

Probably TBC because of Hemet Nesignwary. He existed in Wrath as well, but Wrath has DEHTA to cancel it out kindasorta. Can't remember Cataclysm onwards having Hemet's quests.

Well Throne of Thunder. We killed that poor turtle which was stuck just to make room for us and then we went out of our way to kill Megaera (after waking him up with the bells) while it wasn't blocking us in any way

7+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk i think a lot of questes with killing animals and a lot of animal bosses or animal based instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Probably TBC because of Hemet Nesignwary. He existed in Wrath as well, but Wrath has DEHTA to cancel it out kindasorta. Can't remember Cataclysm onwards having Hemet's quests.
    Hemet is in MoP.

Uhm, i know it says expacs but i think I will still just go with vanilla by an overwhelming amount. Plainstriders and raptors alone in the barrens prolly pushed my animal kill count to 1million animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Any faction war expansion cause we fight the Horde a lot. WoD too I guess.

well, DEHTA was a fairly critical parody of PETA, this was back when PETA still had a positive image and were practically untouchable. the quests started out having you help animals, and ended up in straight up murder. i know that wow has you kill people all the time, but its usually in a nonchalant way, the DEHTA quests were fairly brutal and kinda sadistic. im not sure if it cancels out all the animal killing, i guess it just added to the parody that Namesingway was supposed to be. (something that flew over peoples heads)

don't think blizzard would let their quest designers poke fun of any current organizations, not even the ones that have already fallen in disfavor with the public opinion.

oh well, add it to the list of things "good old blizz" would do.

on topic, i think the most killing of animals took place in wrath, you had tons of killing with the furlborg looking thinks and the weird murlock on the basin. where you also had a namesingway camp and a ton of more animal killing, and also protodrake killing. the whole area was a non stop killing of animals, most quests i recall had 20 + kill targets.

same expac had the howling fjord, with the druid neutral questing zone and (if alliance) two extra questing hubs versus the animals, one in the caves west of the island, and another near the waterfall up north.

oh, and i forgot the kalu-ak... they had two daily hubs all versus animals! plus their whole questing was versus fish or volvar... you had to kill their mothers and STEAL their young.

i mean wtf.

yeah, hands down wotlk, it was brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it, the more I'd want an animal-raid. I mean, we've had ogres, gronns, mages, dragons, warriors/brutes, insects, demons(oh god, so many demons!) elements - the list goes on... How about having an ultimate bunny of doom as the last boss?

So also Classic, so many dead animals in stranglethorn and Hemet Nesingwary wanted us also to hunt more for all the pages of the book.

Vanilla obviously.

Boar farm best leveling method.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Any faction war expansion cause we fight the Horde a lot. WoD too I guess.
    This. Though that probably goes to MoP. We did raid SoO after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about that booty bay quest? https://www.wowhead.com/quest=26630/...n-pirate-to-me

this makes cataclysm the most animal unfriendly x-pac
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKenneth View Post
    well, DEHTA was a fairly critical parody of PETA, this was back when PETA still had a positive image and were practically untouchable. the quests started out having you help animals, and ended up in straight up murder. i know that wow has you kill people all the time, but its usually in a nonchalant way, the DEHTA quests were fairly brutal and kinda sadistic. im not sure if it cancels out all the animal killing, i guess it just added to the parody that Namesingway was supposed to be. (something that flew over peoples heads)

on topic, i think the most killing of animals took place in wrath, you had tons of killing with the furlborg looking thinks and the weird murlock on the basin. where you also had a namesingway camp and a ton of more animal killing, and also protodrake killing. the whole area was a non stop killing of animals, most quests i recall had 20 + kill targets.

same expac had the howling fjord, with the druid neutral questing zone and (if alliance) two extra questing hubs versus the animals, one in the caves west of the island, and another near the waterfall up north.

oh, and i forgot the kalu-ak... they had two daily hubs all versus animals! plus their whole questing was versus fish or volvar... you had to kill their mothers and STEAL their young.

i mean wtf.

yeah, hands down wotlk, it was brutal.
    it's been a hot minute since i last did wotlk so yeah, can be wotlk as well - i remember sholazar basin being very brutal.

Hemet is in MoP.
    Don't know if MoP had that much animal killing, though. I don't really remember Hemet being TBC/WotLK level there.
    So also Classic, so many dead animals in stranglethorn and Hemet Nesingwary wanted us also to hunt more for all the pages of the book.
    I mean, the topic is about expansions, otherwise obviously Classic/Vanilla takes the cake since it has 60 levels of cruelty instead of 10.

Depends on how big was the population of Teldrassil.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

MoP i think? when they pushed that kill 100.000 critters achievement? Just throwing it out there.

On a side note, will we see Hemet in Shadowlands too? Can’t think of an xpac without his hub.

Honestly I also hoped they would have carried on Harrison Jones also but he disappeared after Cata I think (at least Horde side).

>Level 1 Orc Quest: Kill pigs.

>Reach level 60. Defeat dragons, and liches, and old gods.

>Level 60 Orc Quest: Kill fel pigs

>Reach level 70. Defeat dragons and gronns and demons.

>Level 70 Orc Quest: Defeat plagued pigs.

>Saurfang: "I don't eat pork."

Fuck you blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I'd want an animal-raid. I mean, we've had ogres, gronns, mages, dragons, warriors/brutes, insects, demons(oh god, so many demons!) elements - the list goes on... How about having an ultimate bunny of doom as the last boss?
    Stormstout Brewery says hello. It just wasn’t the final boss.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Stormstout Brewery says hello. It just wasn’t the final boss.
    Stormstout Brewery is not a raid though.