Best PvP Class -spec (Arena, BG, WPvP)

What is the current BfA 8.3 best PvP Class -spec (Arena, BG, WPvP) in your opinion and why?

Arena 3s: melee rogue, range: mage - does this really need an explanation in 2020? other than class synergy its the weakness of other classes thanks to BfA and countless nerfs.

BG: melee DH/Rogue - range fire mage.

wpvp: If you play the hardmode, choose as a faction alliance and play solo, definately feral druid or rogue, in a group any range dd, just easier to snipe people from afar and use some buddys as meatshields.

https://thelootdistrict.com/pvphub/r...s/?rating=1800

Filter by whatever content you're most interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Arena 3s: melee rogue, range: mage - does this really need an explanation in 2020? other than class synergy its the weakness of other classes thanks to BfA and countless nerfs.

BG: melee DH/Rogue - range fire mage.

wpvp: If you play the hardmode, choose as a faction alliance and play solo, definately feral druid or rogue, in a group any range dd, just easier to snipe people from afar and use some buddys as meatshields.
    Arena melee: DH really easy to play, low skillcap (you will barely notice a difference between a 1.8 Dh and a 2.4 dh. Rogue is strong but has one of the highest skillcaps, so expect to suck at it in the beginning. You also need to set things up, while if you play something braindead such as ww/dk or dh/dk you just mindlesly tunnel shit down and win.
    Ww is incredibly strong at the moment and way more forgiving as rogue is with insane mobility added to that. DK is also a good option for both pvp and m+ thx to chains of ice spam and very high consistent dps, range stuns and interrupts.
    Range: fire = destro, frost, (dk)ele also has some nice niche.

Bg, wpvp anything you like imho

Quote Originally Posted by Nervyz View Post
    Arena melee: DH really easy to play, low skillcap (you will barely notice a difference between a 1.8 Dh and a 2.4 dh. Rogue is strong but has one of the highest skillcaps, so expect to suck at it in the beginning. You also need to set things up, while if you play something braindead such as ww/dk or dh/dk you just mindlesly tunnel shit down and win.
    Ww is incredibly strong at the moment and way more forgiving as rogue is with insane mobility added to that. DK is also a good option for both pvp and m+ thx to chains of ice spam and very high consistent dps, range stuns and interrupts.
    Range: fire = destro, frost, (dk)ele also has some nice niche.

Bg, wpvp anything you like imho
    DH is pretty overrated at this point 2 things to consider:

1. not many combs to play in 3s and does not remotely rank as high as rogue and mage, if these numbers are accurate: https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction= 4,8% is not much for a class, since havoc is the only viable arena spec. Comb options are not that great either ww monk is viable, but dk and warrior are at the bottom of the "viable/fine" specs.

2. Mythic+ can be a very frustrating expierence, just today i tried to run a high key in underrot and the tank could not do the mechanics of 3rd boss, while having a high rio score - mythic+ is much more about tank and healer than dds, if you don't push for insane high m keys like +20 etc. I know method ranked DH and rogue as the best mythic+ dd specs, but in reality you need a good tank and healer, too to make it work.

So since tanking is so crucial in mythic+ i'd say if you select a class that way, a warrior do makes more sense - you are the best tank in mythic+ arms is no more or less viable in 3s than DH Havoc and brings a MS debuff, that allows more comps to play with.
    Besides arms could be buffed at any time, since its one of the underperforming specs in pvp.

Its an interesting topic - most r1 ranked players in arena are playing with most of their gear coming from raids and mythic+.

tbh, the best pvp class is any well performing class in classic, you have to do some pve, there too, but it does not feel like a grind or job as in retail. Hope we will see some TBC/Wotlk servers or even MoP classic servers some day.

Mele class got more HP then range ?

10+ Year Old Account
    WW, DH, Rogue, Mage, and Destro Lock are all great options if you have the right gear and essences for them. Arms Warriors are getting good in arena, can't speak for BGs and wpvp.

I am playing rogue and it's pretty good

2. Mythic+ can be a very frustrating expierence, just today i tried to run a high key in underrot and the tank could not do the mechanics of 3rd boss, while having a high rio score - mythic+ is much more about tank and healer than dds, if you don't push for insane high m keys like +20 etc. I know method ranked DH and rogue as the best mythic+ dd specs, but in reality you need a good tank and healer, too to make it work.
    hahaha, please. You only need a decent tank for +15 keys, while good dps makes the run so much more pleasant. When it comes to impact on groups, good dps can make a 12-15 key seem like a +8 key, a good tank can't, cause he is way more dependent on dps being not awful. Ever seen how easy every single run goes with 3 competent dps regardless of what tank pulls? Healer barely needs to heal, cause people avoid and deny bad stuff from happening, thrash is dead before the mitigration runs out.

What you need as a tank is knowing a route, and if you do not link me a route, or care to look at the one I made for you, you are out. If I have a choice, I always pug a healer or tank.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    hahaha, please. You only need a decent tank for +15 keys, while good dps makes the run so much more pleasant. When it comes to impact on groups, good dps can make a 12-15 key seem like a +8 key, a good tank can't, cause he is way more dependent on dps being not awful. Ever seen how easy every single run goes with 3 competent dps regardless of what tank pulls? Healer barely needs to heal, cause people avoid and deny bad stuff from happening, thrash is dead before the mitigration runs out.

What you need as a tank is knowing a route, and if you do not link me a route, or care to look at the one I made for you, you are out. If I have a choice, I always pug a healer or tank.

Maybe you only got lucky and only do freehold once a week, try to pug more demanding instances, maybe, if the tank is not expierenced with all bosses its a wipe 100%. Puggin that is not a good thing, to gear up in pvp.

People only do the really high keys with organized groups and people they know, don't act as if you could pug that and its an easy run everytime, with such high expectations you are in for some rough time.

its like stating, that every healer in the arena LFG is expierened or even geared, while thats clearly not the case.

Lets ask an gladiator player:

You see here a druid healer who has no heal trinkets and isn't helping anyone.

translated in mythic+ you will find players like this, acting as tanks without proper tank equipment or talents for the dungeon not knowing any boss mechanics.

If you pug, you will have a very rough time in 8.3. Avoid this at all costs, do not ever do this do not waste your time, like i did or that player in the video. Just don't.

Maybe you only got lucky and only do freehold once a week, try to pug more demanding instances, maybe, if the tank is not expierenced with all bosses its a wipe 100%. Puggin that is not a good thing, to gear up in pvp.

People only do the really high keys with organized groups and people they know, don't act as if you could pug that and its an easy run everytime, with such high expectations you are in for some rough time.

its like stating, that every healer in the arena LFG is expierened or even geared, while thats clearly not the case.

Lets ask an gladiator player:

You see here a druid healer who has no heal trinkets and isn't helping anyone.

translated in mythic+ you will find players like this, acting as tanks without proper tank equipment or talents for the dungeon not knowing any boss mechanics.

If you pug, you will have a very rough time in 8.3. Avoid this at all costs, do not ever do this do not waste your time, like i did or that player in the video. Just don't.
    He's talking from his experience, and I from mine. I've played all dungeons since start, and these dungeons have been out a good 18 months now. Finding tanks that knows basics is not hard, but finding dps that knows how to dps just seems to be way harder.
    And don't come here with pushing really high keys, we're talking gearing up for pvp, a 14 key is enough, and then a 15 for the week. Doing these on time still takes a lot of knowledge we take for granted, but tanks that queue up for these usually have the basics down these days.

Not sure how you can find a tank with so much wrong that is queuing up for those keys we're talking about. Raider.io tells a story as well.

The only thing I can agree with, is how incredible much faster it is to gear a toon for pvp that has a tank offspec. I just dont agree that a good tank and healer is making the run go so much better compared to dds