Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[TV] Arcane - League of Legends 3D CGI show

Just saw the first 3 episodes last night. Was surprisingly decent, albeit slow paced. Hopefully the pace will pick up soon. Very nice visuals and use of 2D effects.

Which ones are playable characters? I know recognize the Mekkatorque clone, Heimerdinger, as playable, but has anyone else shown thus far been a playable in LoL?

Vi, Jinx(Powder) Ekko, Caitlyn and i think Jayce are all playable characters in LoL

Yea, really well-done show. The voice work was terrific and the visual design was top-notch. I thought it was too brief though to have a solid grasp on the series as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Vi, Jinx(Powder) Ekko, Caitlyn and i think Jayce are all playable characters in LoL
    Also Ryze, Viktor and Singed. Vander is supposedly getting turned into Warwick, too.

And yeah, I was surprised that the show is actually good. I expected a politically correct, neutered show for kids just riding on the IP. The show is actually very dark so far, though, bodies hit the floor every step of the way, and there's such a ton of subtle, intelligent references. And then there's the top-tier visuals, but that was the one department that was sure to deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

it was alright so far, the music is a bit jarring. Avasarala is the kind of voice actor you need. Fuck this chris pratt nonsense, get people who actually have cool as fuck voices

i liked it. i don't really know much about LoL but the world in this show seems really cool so now i'm curious about that mmo they're cooking.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I like it, and I'm going full Leonardo pointing meme whenever I see a playable character appear.

Riot has never failed when it comes to visuals. They've been willing to dump so much of their budget into animations more than other big league games. It'd say it's actually paid off.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The shows pretty great on every level baring maybe the off ESports music they slip in. Far better then it has any right to be for a video game spin off.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    it was alright so far, the music is a bit jarring. Avasarala is the kind of voice actor you need. Fuck this chris pratt nonsense, get people who actually have cool as fuck voices
    You do realize that is the name of a character the actress plays right?

This is some great storytelling and lore building for their IP. Makes me want to play a game in this setting that isn't LoL.

A quick google tells me they'll have a total of 9 episodes in season one, releasing in batches of 3 this month. I guess I'll have something to watch next weekend.

Really good show. Was fun to watch. They even managed to make jayce interesting.

I thought it was impressive. I kind of wrote off LoL's story after the latest Ruination disaster and just the low quality of recent champs but nice to see Riot can still make an interesting story.

This is a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I thought it was impressive. I kind of wrote off LoL's story after the latest Ruination disaster and just the low quality of recent champs but nice to see Riot can still make an interesting story.
    Eh, seraphine is the only one that blatantly doesn't fit IMO. Everyone else is tied in pretty well, story-wise. Balancing, that's a different story
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

This is the biggest LoL Lore nerd on youtube...500k subscribers
    Here is his insights on the first 3 episodes

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the Dota 2 show was like this one. I hate LoL.

But this show looks rather good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    This is some great storytelling and lore building for their IP. Makes me want to play a game in this setting that isn't LoL.

A quick google tells me they'll have a total of 9 episodes in season one, releasing in batches of 3 this month. I guess I'll have something to watch next weekend.

This show is 100% meant to set up their upcoming mmo to give it a wider audience appeal.

As for the show itself, I can't think of a better game>movie/series, everything was very high quality and I'm glad they went with full on animation so we didn't end up with something as awkward as the Warcraft movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    This show is 100% meant to set up their upcoming mmo to give it a wider audience appeal.

As for the show itself, I can't think of a better game>movie/series, everything was very high quality and I'm glad they went with full on animation so we didn't end up with something as awkward as the Warcraft movie.
    I find it very surprising that a full length LoL animated series came out before a WoW one, despite WoW having had a 5 year head start and people have been clamoring for Blizzard's cinematics team to make a show or a movie since forever.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I find it very surprising that a full length LoL animated series came out before a WoW one, despite WoW having had a 5 year head start and people have been clamoring for Blizzard's cinematics team to make a show or a movie since forever.
    League has always been better at expanding/advertising on the animation front rather it be event trailers short cinematics or music videos they have pretty much always been putting out top quality animated stuff while blizzard sleeps on it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I haven't played League since like 2013-2014, but I recall hearing Riot made huge revisions to lore and the story of their game at some point.

So, maybe it was changed or not. But was that Dr. Mundo at the end?