Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just curious; what did BlizzCon change or alter about Before The Storm or Chronicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Turalyon, High Commander? Uh oh.
    One war too late if you ask me.., just saying.. Hope he teams up with Tyrande since she's doing the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    One war too late if you ask me.., just saying.. Hope he teams up with Tyrande since she's doing the same.
    If Alleria is going, i doubt Tyrande will be into the idea of teaming up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Just curious; what did BlizzCon change or alter about Before The Storm or Chronicle?
    As far as i know, the only real change between books and lore before the expansion and in the expansion, was the short story "A Good War", where a NE (Sira i believe) planted corpses of slain NEs in an area to blame it on the Horde.

Don't remember the full details. (Might check this later)

“I am reminded, my noble friends,” Anduin began softly. “Of a day not so long ago, and not so far from here. A placid place in the Arathi Highlands. A gathering meant to be peaceful, a gathering meant to reunite families torn asunder by forces they could never have foreseen . . . ”

Would really loved to see this pivotal plot point in-game. I'm not even sure if I'm being sarcastic or not.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    I only hope we get a dialog option on his dungeon where we can laugh about him needing help like the mf laughed of us when we die in zandalar, i will fucking pay money for that, also for killing him, nobody likes a jerk that laugh of your failure/getting gang****
    Dude, are you ok? Sounds like you might've met Bwonsamdi too many times
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Looking forward to feminist fanfiction with warped characters for diversity and of course, homosexual fantasies to satisfy depraved female fantasies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

- - - Updated - - -

As far as i know, the only real change between books and lore before the expansion and in the expansion, was the short story "A Good War", where a NE (Sira i believe) planted corpses of slain NEs in an area to blame it on the Horde.

Don't remember the full details. (Might check this later)
    I read it but I don't really recall. Tbh, I never really think about the level of canon or how well they adhere to it. I think if the choice is sticking to established canon or improving the game, I'll take butchered lore every time. Of course whether or not those changes, if any, are actually improving the game, is a subjective opinion.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Sure, I like reading too. But why the preorder? I mean unlike with videogames, you have no benefits by preordering a book over just buying it when it's out.
    I tend to preorder because unless its someone like Brandon Sanderson with a huge marketing team behind them once the announcement has been made, I forget to go out and buy. With preorders, unless its something I have been counting down to, the book drops through my letterbox and reminds me.

4 years later and there's still no answer to WHERE THE HELL is the Vindicator???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Tides of war wasn’t retconned with mop.

War crimes wasn’t retconned with wod.

Illidan wasn’t retconned with legion.

Before the storm wasn’t retconned with Bfa.

Why do you think this one will break that track record?
    But this book will likely retcon Sylvannas not wanting to be Warchief, where she'll be a mustache-twirling villain and she was always gonna plan to burn down Teldrassil, even if her original plan wasn't faqed up by Saurfang's "muh honor"; going "All according to plan." BS.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2020-03-06 at 09:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Looking forward to feminist fanfiction with warped characters for diversity and of course, homosexual fantasies to satisfy depraved female fantasies.
    Warped characters for diversity?????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    But this book will likely retcon Sylvannas not wanting to be Warchief, where she'll be a mustache-twirling villain and she was always gonna plan to burn down Teldrassil, even if her original plan wasn't faqed up by Saurfang's "muh honor"; going "All according to plan." BS.
    Quite possible, there tends to be retcons just not in the expan that follows a book.

Why shouldn't she? They are "allies" in the "Alliance". Isn't an alliance all about teaming up?

I am more annoyed that they tried to villify Tyrande for going after Sylvanas and now he's ordering Turalyon to do exactly that.
    Where is the fucking difference?

Sounds like a bad twilight fanfiction.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzard have been making books based around the game since 2001. You are aware of that?

Day of the Dragon, Lord of the Clans, The Last Guardian all came out between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3.

Cycle of Hatred and War of the Ancients came out between Warcraft 3 and WoW

Plus there were more WoW books, comics, and short stories released areound Vanilla to MoP than any other expansion

Novels
    Rise of the Horde
    Tides of Darkness
    Beyond the Dark Portal
    Night of the Dragon
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
    Stormrage
    The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
    Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
    Wolfheart
    Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
    Dawn of the Aspects
    Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde

Comic Series
    World of WArcraft Vol 1, 2, 3, 4
    Ashbringer
    Bloodsworn
    Dark Riders
    Curse of the Worgen
    Pearl of Pandaria

Manga
    The Sunwell Trilogy
    Warcraft Legends 1
    Warcraft Legends 2
    Warcraft Legends 3
    Warcraft Legends 4
    Warcraft Legends 5
    Deathknight
    Mage
    Shaman

And don;t get me started on the webstores, all found on Blizzard WoW site.

Now all of a sudden its gotten to one book per expansion and NOW people are crying that this should be in game?
    replace The Last Guardian with Of Blood and Honor. TLG was between RoC and TFT
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't she? They are "allies" in the "Alliance". Isn't an alliance all about teaming up?

I am more annoyed that they tried to villify Tyrande for going after Sylvanas and now he's ordering Turalyon to do exactly that.
    Where is the fucking difference?
    I expect Tyrande to do her thing, but i could see she being against the idea of working with a Void user and a Windrunner (the combination is really bad)

I expect Tyrande to do her thing, but i could see she being against the idea of working with a Void user and a Windrunner (the combination is really bad)
    Idk, since she has resorted to the dark side powers of Elune, too, they might have more in common than we suspect, just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, since she has resorted to the dark side powers of Elune, too, they might have more in common than we suspect, just saying.
    I actually thought that because of her dark powers of Elune she would be more against it, as she would be more likely to react negatively, cause, in the end, it seems she still uses the light.

But we shall see, however i do hope to see this 2 interact one way or the other

Note: Or just more Tyrande in general, we need more of her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwccMDReewg

According to this from a preorder on amazon. It looks like Sylvannas is having Sira and Nathanos to seek out and kill Bwonsamdi the troll loa of death. The horde leaders are building up Zekhan in this to it mentions. Looks like its more horde then alliance story.

“The Horde is nothing!” With those infamous words, Sylvanas Windrunner betrayed and abandoned the Horde she vowed to serve. The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance, including her own sister, Alleria, race to uncover her next move. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas’s whereabouts.

The Horde now stands at a crossroads. The various factions form a council, leaving the mantle of warchief to rest. Thrall, Lor’themar Theron, Baine Bloodhoof, First Arcanist Thalyssra, and many other familiar faces rise to this new challenge. But the threats are numerous, and the distrust runs too deep.

When the council is derailed by a failed assassination attempt on Talanji—the Zandalari queen and a key ally—Thrall and the rest of the Horde leaders are forced into action. They empower the young troll shaman Zekhan, still grieving the loss of Varok Saurfang, with a critical mission to aid Talanji and help uncover the rising threat against her.

Meanwhile, Nathanos Blightcaller and Sira Moonwarden have been tasked by the Dark Lady with a terrifying gambit: to kill the troll loa of death himself, Bwonsamdi.

As Zekhan and Talanji work to save Bwonsamdi, their journey will be a key turning point in bolstering the Horde against the coming darkness and finding themselves along the way. Failure to save their allies and the trickster god will surely doom them—but through success, they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong.

Sounds like Nathanos and Sira might actually kill Bwonsamdi.
    Last edited by tripleh; 2020-03-08 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwccMDReewg

According to this from a preorder on amazon. It looks like Sylvannas is having Sira and Nathanos to seek out and kill Bwonsamdi the troll loa of death. The horde leaders are building up Zekhan in this to it mentions. Looks like its more horde then alliance story.
    Oh, more Horde story to come. How delightful /s

- - - Updated - - -

I actually thought that because of her dark powers of Elune she would be more against it, as she would be more likely to react negatively, cause, in the end, it seems she still uses the light.

But we shall see, however i do hope to see this 2 interact one way or the other

Note: Or just more Tyrande in general, we need more of her
    Well, we don't exactly know much about the dark powers of Elune. Maybe they are very similar to void powers, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Here's a book that's trying to explain things that should be said in-game. Enjoy and pay up!
    Yes, i would so fucking love a quest where im forced to sit down and listen to NPC's chat for an hour, you are SOOOOO smart.
    everything ever needs to be ingame, i need to watch jaina and arthas fuck too, i need to see that ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, i would so fucking love a quest where im forced to sit down and listen to NPC's chat for an hour, you are SOOOOO smart.
    everything ever needs to be ingame, i need to watch jaina and arthas fuck too, i need to see that ingame.
    I would watch an hour long cutscene if that miraculously made the story MAKE SENSE and wasn't just one Sylvanass' fanboy self-insert jerk off material.
    How is being forced to buy a book to understand the story in a game you're playing a good idea?