Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While I don't have time to really plot out these things in the manner of the OP's great initial post, I thought I'd provide a quick list of CoT content that would be cool to experience:

    • Fall of the Zandalari Empire (Zandalari vs. nascent Kaldorei)
    • The Ordering of Azeroth (Titanforged vs. Old God forces)
    • Final Battle of the Troll Wars
    • Aegwynn vs. Avatar of Sargeras
    • War of the Satyr
    • War of the Three Hammers (Modgud's attack on Grim Batol and the summoning of Ragnaros)
    Oh for the love of god please no.

    No more "world ending" threats. Its so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  2. #62
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,241
    The only one that comes to mind is the nuking of gnomeregan(so). The moral conundrum is should it be nuked or not to stop the leper invasion.

  3. #63
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Oh for the love of god please no.

    No more "world ending" threats. Its so stupid.
    I'm a bit confused - none of those things are "world-ending threats?" They're all events from the past. Most of them, except for perhaps the Ordering of Azeroth, are regional battles between historical kingdoms or empires.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm a bit confused - none of those things are "world-ending threats?" They're all events from the past. Most of them, except for perhaps the Ordering of Azeroth, are regional battles between historical kingdoms or empires.
    Sageras isn't a world ending threat? Old Gods aren't a world ending threat? Just stop.

    If there is one problem with the writing, its that its nothing but world ending threats which absolutely dulls the edge of that knife and suffocates good storytelling. Please get the hell away from that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  5. #65
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Sageras isn't a world ending threat? Old Gods aren't a world ending threat? Just stop.

    If there is one problem with the writing, its that its nothing but world ending threats which absolutely dulls the edge of that knife and suffocates good storytelling. Please get the hell away from that stuff.
    No, those are events from the past, so it's pretty evident the world's not in danger from viewing them from the comfortable vantage point of the future. The whole point of the thread was about witnessing events we've only heard of secondhand through the lore - things we've only read about. Obviously the world can't be threatened by its own past, unless you wanted to work in the Infinite Dragonflight or Murozond in addition (which I didn't initially say anything about).

    Besides, those are just things I want to see - if you don't, well, that's fine.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  6. #66
    They should add short summaries of the real life "books"

  7. #67
    The Great Sundering.

    And at the end of the dungeon, the sundering is innevitable. We see how Azeroth starts to colapse and just as we're about to die, we get ported back to the CoT

  8. #68
    I would have to say the top three historical events I would like to play in are as follows

    The Illidari vs The Scourge: Where Illidan invades Icecrown and tries to kill the Lich King but Arthas defeats him and becomes the Lich King so Illidan ends in failure.

    War of the Ancients: Where we go back in time with Broxigar and assist him and the Kaldorei Resistance against the Burning Legion.

    Escape from Draenor: Where we could assist the Draenei escaping from Draenor and steal the Exodar to escape to Azeroth.
    Last edited by Blazindragon1737; 2020-03-22 at 10:47 PM.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, those are events from the past, so it's pretty evident the world's not in danger from viewing them from the comfortable vantage point of the future. The whole point of the thread was about witnessing events we've only heard of secondhand through the lore - things we've only read about. Obviously the world can't be threatened by its own past, unless you wanted to work in the Infinite Dragonflight or Murozond in addition (which I didn't initially say anything about).

    Besides, those are just things I want to see - if you don't, well, that's fine.
    You want to see those epic moments ruined by us fighting 10 elites at most?

  10. #70
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You want to see those epic moments ruined by us fighting 10 elites at most?
    I don't want to see them ruined, no - but a playable form would be great all the same.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  11. #71
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,846
    Always thought it would be cook to play through some battle in the War of the Three Hammers

  12. #72
    We already have the well of eternity dungeon but I’d absolutely love it if we could go back in time to old Kalimdor and experience the true empire of the Highborne.

    Also War of the Satyr would be interesting. Tyrande and Malfurion were still fairly young back then. Would be nice to see how things were handled.

  13. #73
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,943
    Sacking of Quel'thalas would've been pretty good for BFA to muster more sympathy towards Sylvanas. Though with the ending they went with with the War campaign it would've lead to even bigger feelings of disappointment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  14. #74
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,218
    Victory of the Humans and Elves against the Trolls in the Troll Wars.

  15. #75
    Election night 2016

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-24 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

  16. #76
    The scouring aka when Aman'thul ripped Y'shaarj out of the ground+the whole war against the Black Empire around that event
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  17. #77
    I am Murloc! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    5,624
    I'd like to see the conquest of Silvermoon, as depicted in WC3 RoC up until KT's reanimation, with the ensuing defiling of the Sunwell. With an extra kick: we get to play on the Scourge's side, under DK Arthas' command. It would neatly complement the Culling of Stratholme dungeon, which frankly blows donkey balls and always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  18. #78
    The Patient october breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia, aka Outland
    Posts
    209
    Not sure if someone already mentioned this, didn't read the entire thread. But I love to see the war between old gods and titans.

    A time travel dungeon, similar to Cata end times and well of eternity, could have been a very nice fitting in BFA N'zoth story.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Sageras isn't a world ending threat? Old Gods aren't a world ending threat? Just stop.

    If there is one problem with the writing, its that its nothing but world ending threats which absolutely dulls the edge of that knife and suffocates good storytelling. Please get the hell away from that stuff.
    You do know what the Caverns of Time is right?

    OT: I wouldn't mind seeing the Thunder King's first downfall and Uldum mostly green.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  20. #80
    I would like to see the war between the Arathi Humans and the Forest Trolls, where the elves first taught humans magic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •