Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't want to see them ruined, no - but a playable form would be great all the same.
    Having them playable ruins these moments, not a single instance of the caverns of times made an event epic or did them justice , it undermined the events tremendously, the game just down right sucks at displaying any kind of world ending threat or big conflicts, take legion for example, nothing in that xpack felt genuinely threatening or epic for that matter.

Having roughly 30 models beating the shit out of each other just looks pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Having them playable ruins these moments, not a single instance of the caverns of times made an event epic or did them justice , it undermined the events tremendously, the game just down right sucks at displaying any kind of world ending threat or big conflicts, take legion for example, nothing in that xpack felt genuinely threatening or epic for that matter.

Having roughly 30 models beating the shit out of each other just looks pathetic.
    It's pretty subjective, I think. I actually enjoy a lot of the CoT content in WoW - the playable Culling of Stratholme, the Dark Portal instance, Escape from Durnholde, Well of Eternity, etc. etc. It's nice to see set-pieces from Warcraft history in playable form, and to get exposed to lore that is ordinarily only available in books, novels, or short stories.

It's a bit more than "30 models beating the shit out of each of each other," as you actually participate in actions from other media - from helping Thrall escape his imprisonment in Durnholde to aiding Illidan, Tyrande, and Malfurion during the events of the War of the Ancients. Not all CoT type content is made equal, of course, but that's true of all content in WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It's pretty subjective, I think. I actually enjoy a lot of the CoT content in WoW - the playable Culling of Stratholme, the Dark Portal instance, Escape from Durnholde, Well of Eternity, etc. etc. It's nice to see set-pieces from Warcraft history in playable form, and to get exposed to lore that is ordinarily only available in books, novels, or short stories.
    If the game had the proper tools for large scale conflicts I would agree, but it simply does not, so instead of thousands of individuals involved in some of these events, you have massive cities reduced to ten houses and vast armies are but a handful of people.

It's a bit more than "30 models beating the shit out of each of each other," as you actually participate in actions from other media - from helping Thrall escape his imprisonment in Durnholde to aiding Illidan, Tyrande, and Malfurion during the events of the War of the Ancients. Not all CoT type content is made equal, of course, but that's true of all content in WoW.
    Just because you participate, doesn't really change the scale or the feel of such things, places are supposed to look and feel grand especially these big events in the past. But then you get to play them and they just are meh, due to the games limitation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas escaping from the dungeons of Dalaran I think it is already pretty well set up as a "dungeon" run
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Kael'thas escaping from the dungeons of Dalaran I think it is already pretty well set up as a "dungeon" run
    That would actually be a really cool one. Starting with Guard Marcus as a first boss, proceed on to a few "Violet Hold" (e.g. the giant spider, Dalaran "experienments," perhaps a few Arcane sentinels) type mobs and bosses of random extraction, and finish up with the fight against Kassan.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I would even buy Wc3 expansion in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    That would actually be a really cool one. Starting with Guard Marcus as a first boss, proceed on to a few "Violet Hold" (e.g. the giant spider, Dalaran "experienments," perhaps a few Arcane sentinels) type mobs and bosses of random extraction, and finish up with the fight against Kassan.
    Would also be a good chance to introduce some friendly NPC combat, where you gather up allies as you go through the entire dungeon, mimicing Kael freeing more and more of his lieutenant as he went closer to Kassan.

That reminds me, another cool CoT event could be Thrall escaping the dungeon of the murlocs and the sea witch on the Lost Isles Cause, you know, it would be a dungeon filled with Murlocs!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Drowning City when Azshara realized her kingdom was coming to an end, the infinite Nozdormu decides to help hold back the oceans and prevent the naga from being born and stopping N'Zoth's plan which would drastically change the course of everything.

Instead of doing world ending threats (which is very dumb), I propose visiting events that carry great emotion.

An example:

A caverns of time event where you go to alt time where King Mechagon invades Rustbolt and captures Prince Erazmin. You get to experience Erazmin's story from his perspective. Getting taken captive. Dragged below the surface. Detained somewhere. He escapes. He helps free some of his fellow Rustbolt citizens. He is about to leave but decides to go back to free someone special to him. When he gets to her cell, he finds that she is totally mechanized. He breaks down and cries. Then gets recaptured. Then you get to experience the surgical procedure to "upgrade" Erazmin to the Rusty Prince. In his final words as a flesh being, he says....
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.