Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh ok, thanks. I wasn't sure because I think the last one he did he had also said, or many speculated was his last one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fair enough, I know Connery is the standard bearer, but I feel Daniel Craig doesn't have that swagger or charisma either. So I imagined Idris would have been Bond more in that vein. The last I can think that even had the kind of swagger Connery did was Pierce Brosnan?

    - - - Updated - - -

    On the obvious corona virus dodging issue, makes you wonder if the big tent pole releases this year will do the same. I mean, it's just now creating public panic here in the US. People are probably going to think twice about going out into packed theaters where patrons are breathing/sneezing/coughing all over the place to watch Wonder Woman.
    The reason Craig is my favorite bond is because he does not have that "play boy" vibe to him. He has that 1,000 yard stare like a real agent would.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    The reason Craig is my favorite bond is because he does not have that "play boy" vibe to him. He has that 1,000 yard stare like a real agent would.
    That's why I like him too and the only reason I saw Casino Royale, the only Bond film I've ever seen from start to finish. I've seen plenty of the Pierce Brosnan movies, bits and pieces I caught while my dad was watching, and it all came off so 1960's spy movie cheesy. Craig's Bond broke that mold.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    The reason Craig is my favorite bond is because he does not have that "play boy" vibe to him. He has that 1,000 yard stare like a real agent would.
    He and Dalton were the two closest to being true to the literature version of Bond. They were not the whole playboy (although Dalton had his moments they were clearly not Connery/Lazenby/Moore/Brosnan level) they were basically two worn-out guys who had enough. Book Bond was that he was a killer, not some nice guy in a suit that only did things for Queen and country. At some points only difference between him and the enemy was queen and country.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The first name that pops into my mind to replace Daniel Craig is John Simm. But he's getting old. Next name is Emma Watson. It would probably be an extremely good career move for Emma Watson as it would shatter her current stereotype to transform into a dashing spy firing guns, driving cars wildly, and being super aggressive.
    Emma Watson as a James Bond type character? Are you fucking kidding me? The girl that looks like she'd get her wallet taken by the baby she tries to take a lollipop off? That would be a bigger miscast then Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. And that is saying something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    The reason Craig is my favorite bond is because he does not have that "play boy" vibe to him. He has that 1,000 yard stare like a real agent would.
    Craig is the first Bond to break tradition with what the original James Bond is supposed to be - a gentleman spy. He's more of an action hero. He can still be smooth, but the character made a very healthy transition to this century. He matured, he got rid of a few of his questionable traits, and was a lot of fun to watch. Craig is the best Bond there is. He's just not a good 'classic' James Bond.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    "Need China money" would have to be the #1 motive for a move like this.
    They want every penny they can get from wherever they can get it. Nothing about that is noteworthy. After discussing how a company wants a return on investment we can discuss water being wet.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  6. #26
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They want every penny they can get from wherever they can get it. Nothing about that is noteworthy. After discussing how a company wants a return on investment we can discuss water being wet.
    I was agreeing with others, not trying to proclaim some revelation.
    /s

  7. #27
    The panic people have over this silly virus is amusing. Also, is she REALLY named Barbara Broccoli...?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'll confidently say it's been postponed because millions won't go to the Cinema while this is going on. Its not about China, its about the Corona virus and more and more countries shutting down public gatherings.
    Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner ! It's been reported that theaters in Japan, South Korea, and Italy are empty. Theaters in China are closed. Who knows where it will have spread to by April. Too risky.

    Look there are no do-overs with movie openings as far as Box Office goes. The risk for any movie that expects a large overseas draw is unacceptable for any movie that needs the majority of it's openings within a short period. But that's not all movies. That Troll animated flick for example moved up a week and took Bonds place. They don't care. Why ? Well for one thing they don't get hurt much by being spoiled from a widely split release.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2020-03-05 at 03:29 AM.

  9. #29
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,935
    [QUOTE=Asrialol;52153746]The panic people have over this silly virus is amusing. /QUOTE]

    Theaters are wholesale shut down in China, as forced by the government.

    I doubt we'll see forced closures from other countries, but that doesn't mean people wont be wary to go see films. Especially with the spread of the virus, despite its relative non-lethality, being on the upswing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #30
    What a great start of a new decade! FUCK YOU, CORONA!..

  11. #31
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Might be tied to massive reshoots & course correction imo.
    I'm certain you have some evidence for this, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I doubt that it is just because of the virus. Other movie releases for march/april would have had similar announcements by now.
    I am inclined to believe them, until someone produces some evidence that they are not being truthful.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Emma Watson as a James Bond type character? Are you fucking kidding me? The girl that looks like she'd get her wallet taken by the baby she tries to take a lollipop off? That would be a bigger miscast then Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. And that is saying something.
    The role is a *spy*. You have to blend in and not *look* like a spy. If you look like a spy, you really aren't doing your job. She fits the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The role is a *spy*. You have to blend in and not *look* like a spy. If you look like a spy, you really aren't doing your job. She fits the bill.
    So all the stuff about firing guns, driving cars wildly and being super aggressive, that was your regular bullshit, then? I mean, which is it? Do you want a proper spy blending in, or do you want James Bond?

    It doesn't matter anyway, Emma Watson couldn't pull off either of those. She'd be as suited to both of these roles as Jack Black for the role of Martin Luther King. Seeing how Jack Black has considerably more talent than her I'd even say he has an advantage in that scenario.

  14. #34
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They want every penny they can get from wherever they can get it. Nothing about that is noteworthy. After discussing how a company wants a return on investment we can discuss water being wet.
    Hurting American. Movies as well. Cali and Washington have Corona. Real interesting if it hits the homeless/freeloader population. It's only going to get worse from here on.

    Back on subject. I do like Craig as bond. However spectre was almost as bad as the last jedi. So I'm skipping this one.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post

    Original release should have been april 20th. Flimsy excuse. Might be tied to massive reshoots & course correction imo.
    Wat, ITs because of the Corna virus, so it wouldnt spread.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    https://twitter.com/007/status/1235248760260874241

    "MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, announced today that after careful consideration and thorough evaluation of the global theatrical marketplace, the release of NO TIME TO DIE will be postponed until November 2020."

    Original release should have been april 20th. Flimsy excuse. Might be tied to massive reshoots & course correction imo.
    Considering theaters are taking a massive hit at the moment, this is a smart move on their part.

  17. #37
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,427
    It's astonishing how brain dead some people can be. The media is going to ride this coronavirus boat until it hits land, period. They won't lie, but they won't tell you the ages, preexisting conditions or any solid context to help you understand the outbreak. Truth is, this "new" virus isn't anything to worry about assuming you're a healthy adult. The media gains viewership which leads to more revenue. More revenue works well to convince investors to keep the money coming, possibly more if revenue is high enough. The media has nothing to lose by using fear to propel their viewer numbers.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh ok, thanks. I wasn't sure because I think the last one he did he had also said, or many speculated was his last one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fair enough, I know Connery is the standard bearer, but I feel Daniel Craig doesn't have that swagger or charisma either. So I imagined Idris would have been Bond more in that vein. The last I can think that even had the kind of swagger Connery did was Pierce Brosnan?

    - - - Updated - - -

    On the obvious corona virus dodging issue, makes you wonder if the big tent pole releases this year will do the same. I mean, it's just now creating public panic here in the US. People are probably going to think twice about going out into packed theaters where patrons are breathing/sneezing/coughing all over the place to watch Wonder Woman.
    We agree on that. I'm not a Craig fan and I resist watching the movies even if the stories are pretty good. I hate the whole reboot and keeping Judy as M. If they had started with Ralph as M from the get go.....it might have set better with me.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Good thing I don't care for Bond, and never did, never saw the appeal of spy movies, and Bond in particular seems like a product of his time that I still find surprising has made money from 2000 and onwards, but that's just my opinion. Is Daniel Craig still Bond, or does this have to do with the whole "we want a black or female Bond?"

    With that said, I still think after Daniel Craig that Idris Alba should be the next James Bond. He checks off all the superficial prerequisites to be James Bond in 2020 and beyond. Before him, Hugh Jackman would have also been a fine choice, but that's neither here or there. I could see Robert Pattinson playing Bond in the future after he's done playing Batman (for better or worse.)
    Bond is the original spy franchise, but the recent Mission Impossible movies have blown it out of the water in terms of quality. Compared to them, Bond looks like a kiddie franchise.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Idris is a great actor and I love him in everything he does, but I don't think he'd make a good Bond. He just doesn't have that Bond "swagger" that Connery put in the role.
    I disagree.
    If anyone can follow Connery in the swagger dept, it's Idris.
    He'd make an amazing James Bond.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •