Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    "Tyrande is trying to frame the Horde" is the new "Greymane burned Teldrassil and framed Sylvanas". New expansion, same old arguments
    i don't blame any twist expectation, if anyone fucked us in it it was blizz
    after insisting that 'it isn't what it looks like' and 'its not what appears to be' and made everyone think of even most ridiculous twist, it ends up what it actually looks like.. they flat out lied probably to misdirect us
    so claiming greymane burned teldrassil blame it on blizz themselves, they are the ones who insisted it wasn't sylvanas.. then event came out and it was...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    and no according to last book dark rangers should be worse as @Combatbutler said, after all it was their shit idea to make undead from scourge to weakling pathetic creatures
    I wouldn't say that the Dark Rangers are the best Rangers in the world (Sylvanas may be, but that does not mean every Dark Ranger is), but the part that Combatbutler mentioned is supposed to be contrarested with the use of Shadow Magic (That's the whole idea of it).

Again, not saying that they are the best rangers in the world, though IMHO i think they would be better "assasins" than most rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    At least she hasn't effed things up more than anyone else yet. I mean, she might not be the best pick at first glance, but Turalyon/Alleria is a much better pick than Genn/Rogers.
    i'd send a cow bell over Alleria, Alleria is a walking ticking bomb that will fuck everyone, and it doesn't fit alliance image at all either
    I can understand horde work with shady shit (and backfire in their faces) since they do that since classic, but alliance ? It was a very painful throat shoving process that need to be fixed asap
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The visions are N'zoth ideal world, so i wouldn't take it as anything, and is silly to not say that she's "dangerous" to a point, but she's going with the other side of the coin (Turalyon), so one another can keep them in check if needed (so IMHO a good idea to send the 2 together, also they have been working together for quite a long time, so they should have good teamwork)
    She is dangerous, but she's not more likely to fall prey to the whispers than others. While it's true that she is closer to the whispers, she also has knowledge to resist them, knowledge that other mortals don't possess. Plus everyone can be corrupted by the Void, even Titans can succumb to it. Everyone is a walking ticking bomb. Benedictus was the most pious man in the world, but even he succumbed to the whispers due to a series of unfortunate circumstances.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that the Dark Rangers are the best Rangers in the world (Sylvanas may be, but that does not mean every Dark Ranger is), but the part that Combatbutler mentioned is supposed to be contrarested with the use of Shadow Magic (That's the whole idea of it).

Again, not saying that they are the best rangers in the world, though IMHO i think they would be better "assasins" than most rangers.
    yes shadow magic should improve them, but Before The Storm came along and showed us a twisted version of forsaken that never existed in wow before, a weak near death crumbling forsaken who can't improve in anything in fact they just exist to suffer a very painful long death
    so yes lore is f8cked up (surprise) and dark rangers can both be some of best rangers (old lore) or total shit rangers since they are undead (BFA lore), they can use whatever serve them in that book

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and why in the ass someone woul write "his stoically handsome face pinched" in this book, Jesus, thats was awful and cringe
    blizz love to hire shit writers, even great writers like Christie who wrote rise of the horde, now gave us before the storm, a book so emotional that it feels like a teen drama more than a warcraft movie
    Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    She is dangerous, but she's not more likely to fall prey to the whispers than others. While it's true that she is closer to the whispers, she also has knowledge to resist them, knowledge that other mortals don't possess. Plus everyone can be corrupted by the Void, even Titans can succumb to it. Everyone is a walking ticking bomb. Benedictus was the most pious man in the world, but even he succumbed to the whispers due to a series of unfortunate circumstances.
    Not sure if i totally agree with that idea, i do think that everyone is able to be corrupted, but i wouldn't call them a ticking bomb, though, to be fair, i don't think she's a ticking bomb in the sense that she will fall into corruption, is mostly that she would "spread" corruption, like with the Sunwell or the creation of more Void Elves (Those are ticking bomb, they don't have her expertise, some may, but not all)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes shadow magic should improve them, but Before The Storm came along and showed us a twisted version of forsaken that never existed in wow before, a weak near death crumbling forsaken who can't improve in anything in fact they just exist to suffer a very painful long death
    so yes lore is f8cked up (surprise) and dark rangers can both be some of best rangers (old lore) or total shit rangers since they are undead (BFA lore), they can use whatever serve them in that book
    I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure BTS only laid out that being a normal undead is like that. I don’t think it comments on the higher levels of undead like DK’s, those who went though the dark mirror process or stronger undead like sylvanas.

It could very well be that most dark rangers loyal to sylvanas are those of the none decaying kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems i have to reread that book, cause i mostly remember it being like that for those that have... "resigned" themselves to their state -being those many that appear in the interchange in Arathi-, cause many forsaken just would "replace" what they needed as time passes.

i'd send a cow bell over Alleria, Alleria is a walking ticking bomb that will fuck everyone, and it doesn't fit alliance image at all either
    I can understand horde work with shady shit (and backfire in their faces) since they do that since classic, but alliance ? It was a very painful throat shoving process that need to be fixed asap
    I don't think she's that bad. I mean, we've had so many people in the Alliance taken over by shadowy stuff, and none of them ever seem to have put on any kind of resistance to it. Not even the Light-aligned ones. Two archbishops of the church of the Light have fallen to the Shadow with apparently no means of stopping it or anyone else realizing it before it was too late. At lest now someone can actually teach how to resist the Shadow and in Legion she even made a potion to actually bring back the minds of Broken that had already been consumed by the void. Which.... somehow got fogotten and Wrathion had to create a new one and now gets to sell it all as his very own unique invention, but still.
    I think she is as much a danger as everyone else. A little closer to the void, because she has it in her, but a little more resistant because she knows how to deal with it, so it's even. And she may be able to teach a thing or two about it, before she falls (if she does).
    What makes her a sub-optimal pick against Sylvanas in my opinion is their relationship. Her emotional baggage may become a liability in several ways, which is why usually no one gets sent on crucial missions where they have any kind of personal axe to grind or that concerns an actual close relative.

Not sure if i totally agree with that idea, i do think that everyone is able to be corrupted, but i wouldn't call them a ticking bomb, though, to be fair, i don't think she's a ticking bomb in the sense that she will fall into corruption, is mostly that she would "spread" corruption, like with the Sunwell or the creation of more Void Elves (Those are ticking bomb, they don't have her expertise, some may, but not all)
    To be honest, I don't think that's likely to happen... because at the end of the day we already see what would happen thanks to the Visions of N'Zoth. So it's unlikely they'd literally do a carbon copy of that in the main timeline. If she does succumb to the whispers eventually, the consequences will not be so devastating and she might snap out of it.

So at this point I don't want to say that Alleria and Umbric have plot armor... but since we already see them going mad in the Visions of N'Zoth, I doubt Blizzard will play with that idea again.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    Im still waiting for the Lightforged vs Void Elves short story that should've happened as soon as they joined the Alliance

Im not even asking for full blown civil war.
    But are you telling me that the Lightforged who even captured Alleria because she was dabbling with the void aren't going to react to a whole race of Void crazies alongside them?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im still waiting for the Lightforged vs Void Elves short story that should've happened as soon as they joined the Alliance

But are you telling me that the Lightforged who even captured Alleria because she was dabbling with the void aren't going to react to a whole race of Void crazies alongside them?
    The Lightforged had no problem with her being there in Legion, not even after she 'ate' the naaru. Why would they suddenly have a problem with Alleria now? I mean, the other voidelves may be more of a problem, because they were not actually in control at the time they got turned and only snapped out of it when Alleria came along (but that is true for the void-consumed Broken as well and no one had a problem with them in Legion either), but that is none of the Lightforgeds' concern, is it? They don't actually interact much with them.
    I also don't think that the voidelves are suddenly being liked by everyone and there is no mistrust or something towards them. I mean, it's made obvious to you if you roll one, that you may not be greeted with open arms by everyone and you get politely asked to leave the cathedral, should you go there ^^. But that's also more of a Stormwind thing, not a Lightforged thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Man does Genn not ever learn lol. How many times must this dude be humbled (justified and not justified) to get his temper in control. Honestly next time he throws a hissy fit he should be reminded that last time he went on his anger crusade, he lost a FLYING AIRCRAFT CARRIER, to a bunch of SHIPS, while having the moment of surprising and firing the first shot. If i had a loss like that on my book, id talk a bit more slow.
    I think it's more fitting for his temper to flare. I just don't like how he's being babysat by "new son", or they can't explore his surly personality in different ways.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure BTS only laid out that being a normal undead is like that. I don’t think it comments on the higher levels of undead like DK’s, those who went though the dark mirror process or stronger undead like sylvanas.

It could very well be that most dark rangers loyal to sylvanas are those of the none decaying kind.
    an undead body decay and dies with time, the dark mirror process is only done to Danuser i mean Nathanos, and DKs are totally different story since they were risen personally by LK himself
    Of course in BFA we get a joke of LK rise rest so - as i said - the state of lore isn't clear at all, but the most recent, they should be mediocre at best for ranged attacks
    Thrall

The Lightforged stood there doing nothing when some half-demon elf blew up the very incarnation of the Light they worship with Fel magic after he refused her blessing. Being this passive about their faith is par for the course.

10+ Year Old Account

the lightforged are already kool with the regular draenei, the same race that literally run away and left them to fate worse than death because they are cowards and caused them to have a miserable life full of suffering for 10k years
    why would they be against void elves? of all races of azeroth they should have an agenda against most, it would be the draenei themselves
    blizz seriously missed a very good chance to give draenei model to horde races as they did with nelfs, not to mention it doesn't make sense lore-wise (not that they care about it), lightforge were openly hostile against draenei, but Argus fall and they forget literally their entire life ?
    I said 10k by mistake, the number is unknown, it can be up to 50k since draenei are immortals, how can u forgive someone who fucked u for 50k years after u meet him with few days or months at best!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    The Lightforged had no problem with her being there in Legion, not even after she 'ate' the naaru. Why would they suddenly have a problem with Alleria now?
    because according to her - and her 'husband' - own stories she was imprisoned for 500 years for just thinking about void, so yeah it doesn't make sense, not that blizz is trying to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Lightforged stood there doing nothing when some half-demon elf blew up the very incarnation of the Light they worship with Fel magic after he refused her blessing. Being this passive about their faith is par for the course.
    he was in self (cringe edgy mode) defense as everyone saw, and Tyralion still raised his sword against him but if that sword failed, they probably don't have anything powerful enough to stop illidan
    or mostly blizz didn't give a fuck about personality and a race traits and just wanted the rule of 'kool' again to dominate
    Thrall

the lightforged are already kool with the regular draenei, the same race that literally run away and left them to fate worse than death because they are cowards and caused them to have a miserable life full of suffering for 10k years
    why would they be against void elves? of all races of azeroth they should have an agenda against most, it would be the draenei themselves
    blizz seriously missed a very good chance to give draenei model to horde races as they did with nelfs, not to mention it doesn't make sense lore-wise (not that they care about it), lightforge were openly hostile against draenei, but Argus fall and they forget literally their entire life ?
    I said 10k by mistake, the number is unknown, it can be up to 50k since draenei are immortals, how can u forgive someone who fucked u for 50k years after u meet him with few days or months at best!?

- - - Updated - - -

because according to her - and her 'husband' - own stories she was imprisoned for 500 years for just thinking about void, so yeah it doesn't make sense, not that blizz is trying to
    Yea, because of Xe'ra and we did see how sane that thing was. Xe'ra wanted to outright kill her for not renouncing the void and Turalyon talked it into only locking Alleria up. And after she got free with the crash no one gave a shit that she just hung around. Not even Xe'ra

Lightforged are not bad people by nature. Extremists like Xera and Yrel bring out the worst in them, but Turalyon is able to calm their darker desires. Thats why they have no problem chatting and teaming up with void elves.

Lightforged are not bad people by nature. Extremists like Xera and Yrel bring out the worst in them, but Turalyon is able to calm their darker desires. Thats why they have no problem chatting and teaming up with void elves.
    Why am I not surprised that the reason is "because humans" once again.

an undead body decay and dies with time, the dark mirror process is only done to Danuser i mean Nathanos, and DKs are totally different story since they were risen personally by LK himself
    Of course in BFA we get a joke of LK rise rest so - as i said - the state of lore isn't clear at all, but the most recent, they should be mediocre at best for ranged attacks
    the process that the valkyr used on nathanos is similar to the one used on dks, the main difference should be only the fact that the lk has comparately "infinite energy".
    anyway golden's retcon not even survived the first patch, in nazmir there are clearly forsakens that have the old body sturdy as fuck