Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im still waiting for the Lightforged vs Void Elves short story that should've happened as soon as they joined the Alliance

    Im not even asking for full blown civil war.
    But are you telling me that the Lightforged who even captured Alleria because she was dabbling with the void aren't going to react to a whole race of Void crazies alongside them?
    the lightforged are already kool with the regular draenei, the same race that literally run away and left them to fate worse than death because they are cowards and caused them to have a miserable life full of suffering for 10k years
    why would they be against void elves? of all races of azeroth they should have an agenda against most, it would be the draenei themselves
    blizz seriously missed a very good chance to give draenei model to horde races as they did with nelfs, not to mention it doesn't make sense lore-wise (not that they care about it), lightforge were openly hostile against draenei, but Argus fall and they forget literally their entire life ?
    I said 10k by mistake, the number is unknown, it can be up to 50k since draenei are immortals, how can u forgive someone who fucked u for 50k years after u meet him with few days or months at best!?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    The Lightforged had no problem with her being there in Legion, not even after she 'ate' the naaru. Why would they suddenly have a problem with Alleria now?
    because according to her - and her 'husband' - own stories she was imprisoned for 500 years for just thinking about void, so yeah it doesn't make sense, not that blizz is trying to

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Lightforged stood there doing nothing when some half-demon elf blew up the very incarnation of the Light they worship with Fel magic after he refused her blessing. Being this passive about their faith is par for the course.
    he was in self (cringe edgy mode) defense as everyone saw, and Tyralion still raised his sword against him but if that sword failed, they probably don't have anything powerful enough to stop illidan
    or mostly blizz didn't give a fuck about personality and a race traits and just wanted the rule of 'kool' again to dominate
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the lightforged are already kool with the regular draenei, the same race that literally run away and left them to fate worse than death because they are cowards and caused them to have a miserable life full of suffering for 10k years
    why would they be against void elves? of all races of azeroth they should have an agenda against most, it would be the draenei themselves
    blizz seriously missed a very good chance to give draenei model to horde races as they did with nelfs, not to mention it doesn't make sense lore-wise (not that they care about it), lightforge were openly hostile against draenei, but Argus fall and they forget literally their entire life ?
    I said 10k by mistake, the number is unknown, it can be up to 50k since draenei are immortals, how can u forgive someone who fucked u for 50k years after u meet him with few days or months at best!?

    - - - Updated - - -


    because according to her - and her 'husband' - own stories she was imprisoned for 500 years for just thinking about void, so yeah it doesn't make sense, not that blizz is trying to
    Yea, because of Xe'ra and we did see how sane that thing was. Xe'ra wanted to outright kill her for not renouncing the void and Turalyon talked it into only locking Alleria up. And after she got free with the crash no one gave a shit that she just hung around. Not even Xe'ra

  3. #123
    Lightforged are not bad people by nature. Extremists like Xera and Yrel bring out the worst in them, but Turalyon is able to calm their darker desires. Thats why they have no problem chatting and teaming up with void elves.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lightforged are not bad people by nature. Extremists like Xera and Yrel bring out the worst in them, but Turalyon is able to calm their darker desires. Thats why they have no problem chatting and teaming up with void elves.
    Why am I not surprised that the reason is "because humans" once again.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    an undead body decay and dies with time, the dark mirror process is only done to Danuser i mean Nathanos, and DKs are totally different story since they were risen personally by LK himself
    Of course in BFA we get a joke of LK rise rest so - as i said - the state of lore isn't clear at all, but the most recent, they should be mediocre at best for ranged attacks
    the process that the valkyr used on nathanos is similar to the one used on dks, the main difference should be only the fact that the lk has comparately "infinite energy".
    anyway golden's retcon not even survived the first patch, in nazmir there are clearly forsakens that have the old body sturdy as fuck

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the process that the valkyr used on nathanos is similar to the one used on dks, the main difference should be only the fact that the lk has comparately "infinite energy".
    anyway golden's retcon not even survived the first patch, in nazmir there are clearly forsakens that have the old body sturdy as fuck
    In 'Traveler' they went somewhat of a middleground, with a Forsaken who is very fragile and keeps falling to pieces, but doesn't actually die from it, but can simply stick his limbs back on ^^ I guess if he actually lost a limb completely (I mean in the sense of not being able to find it again) he'd have to get a new one and sow that one on. Which is also what they do in Before the Storm.

  7. #127
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,471
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    an undead body decay and dies with time, the dark mirror process is only done to Danuser i mean Nathanos, and DKs are totally different story since they were risen personally by LK himself
    Of course in BFA we get a joke of LK rise rest so - as i said - the state of lore isn't clear at all, but the most recent, they should be mediocre at best for ranged attacks
    while using the dark mirror is really unlikely theres a good chance that there would be some dark rangers raised at the same time as sylvi so they could be just as unrotting as she is.

  8. #128
    Bloodsail Admiral Leodric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Anyone else think the arrows are purposely misleading, especially since Talanji's attempted assassination? I'm willing to bet it's Tyrande and her elves. If not her, it's some other group trying to either frame the horde, or just trying to cover their own tracks.
    That would be actually a good plot twist imo, believable as well. But I think we will have mostly stuff written about Sylvanas (as usual).

  9. #129
    The Lightbringer steelballfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,316
    oh Shit here we go again
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

  10. #130
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,041
    I may consider reading the book if we get a better confrontation between the Windrunners, but that's unlikely.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol, I hadn't even noticed that. That's pretty sexist. Here's hoping they don't turn Alleria into a useless waifu... they were doing so well with writing her as a badass, independent woman.
    She is a stunning and brave, brave woman.#metoo in Anduinn! How dares the king of a medieval fantasy world tell people under him what to do!
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    She is a stunning and brave, brave woman.#metoo in Anduinn! How dares the king of a medieval fantasy world tell people under him what to do!
    Alleria is not under him and he cannot tell her what to do. She is an allied leader with the right to defy the High King and his strategies if she does not agree with them.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  13. #133
    Dreadlord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Man does Genn not ever learn lol. How many times must this dude be humbled (justified and not justified) to get his temper in control. Honestly next time he throws a hissy fit he should be reminded that last time he went on his anger crusade, he lost a FLYING AIRCRAFT CARRIER, to a bunch of SHIPS, while having the moment of surprising and firing the first shot. If i had a loss like that on my book, id talk a bit more slow.
    start with giving amends for Gilneas and bringing back their dead
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-03-06 at 03:12 PM.
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria is not under him and he cannot tell her what to do. She is an allied leader with the right to defy the High King and his strategies if she does not agree with them.
    Exactly, no woman is under a man and man ordering should be a crime. How come anyone can be outraged about a simple sentence of a simple fantasy book? I am amazed how some even noticed that phrase. So many stuff in the book to discuss and people decide to pick up on this... For all SJW crap there is Marvel comics.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2020-03-06 at 03:21 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  15. #135
    Dreadlord elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    She is under who then? Because she isn't with the blood elves. Her husband is from Stormwind.
    Turalyon is from Lordaeron I guess.
    "If you want to play alongside blue-eyed elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Exactly, no woman is under a man and man ordering should be a crime. How come anyone can be outraged about a simple sentence of a simple fantasy book? I am amazed how some even noticed that phrase. So many stuff in the book to discuss and people decide to pick up on this... For all SJW crap there is Marvel comics.
    Exactly. So why is Anduin telling Turalyon to take Alleria without asking her first? Don't you think an allied leader ought to be warned first that they are going on a dangerous mission to find a genocidal psycopath? So much for the Alliance not being a monarchy.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-06 at 03:26 PM.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  17. #137
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,344
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the process that the valkyr used on nathanos is similar to the one used on dks, the main difference should be only the fact that the lk has comparately "infinite energy".
    anyway golden's retcon not even survived the first patch, in nazmir there are clearly forsakens that have the old body sturdy as fuck
    pls call it shitcon, retcon is what wc3 did to wc2 story, improving a lot of holes, wc1/2 was a boring typical fantasy story
    wow also rectoned good points like Moira, but the idea of the Scourge is a fragile weak creature is a big shit on the idea of undead itself in all fantasy, i remember in D&D skeletons were high resisting to sharp weapons (swords etc) and u need blunt weapons to be able to harm them, and how they are semi-immune to all magic schools except holy and fire
    I still consider her book rise of the horde the best wow book ever, how did she fall to this drama level i don't understand

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    while using the dark mirror is really unlikely theres a good chance that there would be some dark rangers raised at the same time as sylvi so they could be just as unrotting as she is.
    i thought it was clear she is unique since she was raised personally by Arthas himself?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    pls call it shitcon, retcon is what wc3 did to wc2 story, improving a lot of holes, wc1/2 was a boring typical fantasy story
    wow also rectoned good points like Moira, but the idea of the Scourge is a fragile weak creature is a big shit on the idea of undead itself in all fantasy, i remember in D&D skeletons were high resisting to sharp weapons (swords etc) and u need blunt weapons to be able to harm them, and how they are semi-immune to all magic schools except holy and fire
    I still consider her book rise of the horde the best wow book ever, how did she fall to this drama level i don't understand

    - - - Updated - - -


    i thought it was clear she is unique since she was raised personally by Arthas himself?
    the funny thing is that even in the arthas novel the undeads where so sturdy that even arthas paladin struggled with zombie peasants

  19. #139
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,471
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i thought it was clear she is unique since she was raised personally by Arthas himself?
    In the dark mirror story they say that the valkir could make non rotting undead when they were under arthas as they had more power from him so it’s likely a ranking thing.

    If I had to guess it would be something like this
    Rank 1: cult of the damned members, raise mindless undead
    Rank2: lichs raises forsaken like undead still able to think, Rot into skeletons over time.
    Rank 3: valkir and such raise unrottong undead.
    Rank 4: people like KT or the blood queen, raise unrotting undead by default but can tinker with them
    Rank 5: arthas, can so any thing he wants.

    Then when arthas dies every one goes down a rank. We don’t have a sample size of undead elfs but with both kt and arthas around I would expect some unrotting ones.

  20. #140
    Sometimes I swear you people actively comb every single syllable of their writing actively looking, soley, for tiny errors that don't even exist in most of these gripes outside of your own headcanon or personal feelings about characters.

    This is fine. From what I heard this isn't Golden, but they show signs of having the same skill at world building and character dynamics, hopefully with more subtlety to the storytelling. (Though I still find it absurd how many people read Before The Storm and didn't get what the author was conveying and came out the other end with "Sylvanas good, Calia and Anduin bad!" despite her very, very best efforts.)

    I'm impressed so far with the characterization of Anduin and Talanji. Anduin's taking charge and making reasonable, levelheaded decisions, it's great to see how he's grown into his role and earned some respect among the Alliance leaders. Talanji just lost a lot to the Alliance in this war and nearly was assassinated under the Horde's protection, and they used the zandalari unlock questline of her coronation involving them remaining independent, yet allied, to their advantage in the writing. This is a writer who understands Talanji and I am immediately invested in where her character goes throughout the novel.

    From both snippets I've seen no sign that this book is going to be bad and I'm almost certainly going to order it.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-03-06 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •