Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    And what about undead Night Elves?
    Barely changes anything. Night elves are much closer to high elves in draw length than they are to Zandalari

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Turalyon snatched a torch off the wall and charged ahead, sweeping the light over the corpses, his stoically handsome face pinched with concern.
    Umm... ok.
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...arora-full.jpg

"Intelligence and Wisdom are not mutually exclusive. The presence of one does not imply the presence of the other."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    Barely changes anything. Night elves are much closer to high elves in draw length than they are to Zandalari
    Night Elves are far taller than High Elves.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Night Elves are far taller than High Elves.
    A bit over a foot taller, sure. That still does not make them tall enough to be able to use Zandalari arrows anywhere near effectively

There is another excerpt from that novel that shows Talanji not being very happy with the Horde, especially after an assassination attempt on her...
    I saw that. But the quoted text is unclear how the text refers to it (if it does). I mean, clearly the whole Horde does recognize any old oaths to Sylvanas...
    So why does the specific one by Talanji suddenly matter? And if so, why doesn't Sylvanas care? I mean is she still worried about keeping the Horde together (and if so, why since it doesn't follow her)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Holy shit the amount of nitpicking complaints right out of the gate lol
    So this is your first exposure to the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaundiced View Post
    Umm... ok.
    Apparently either Anduin or the author herself finds Turalyon attractive?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    So this is your first exposure to the internet?
    Nope but I've been gone from this particular subforum for a while and I forgot how much of a joke it was.

“There are few archers in the world that could make these shots, my king. The only sort I know are allied with the infernal Banshee Queen.”
    It really irritates me how deferential to Anduin Genn is here. You're still a king, Genn, albeit of a destroyed kingdom.

looked at the excerpt. Genn is the LAST person to talk about actions in breach of armistice of any sort...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Dark Rangers are Rangers that use shadow magic, but they are still Rangers, it makes no sense for their archery skill to increase in undeath, especially since according to new lore the senses are dulled and their bodies break down.
    I presume magic is the x factor here

Every time these Warcraft books focus on the horde and alliance, the world feels so small and you really only have two countries, the alliance country with its alliance race, and horde country with its horde race.

Also, wtb a Robert Jordan type person to write wow books so the fantasy can feel somewhat real in the books - as we certainly don't get that in game. But alas, the descriptions in them always vague and at best read like the characters were actually walking through in game stormwind rather than a realistic city of Stormwind like in Warcraft movie.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Lol, Turalyon "taking" Alleria, wtf... like she was his servant or something.

Good job making Turalyon High Commander of the Alliance forces AFTER the big ass war! /s
    Or it's just orders. If it was reversed you wouldn't have typed that.

Agreed on your 2nd note however.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Just posting this after reading the excerpt--I'm really looking forward to this book. The other part that they released with Zekhan was good, too.

It looks like Sylvie is trying to make it look like the Zandalari are breaking the armistice. Kind of sloppy though, but still not as careless as "The Horde is Nothing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit the amount of nitpicking complaints right out of the gate lol

Current WoW's story may be shit but goddamn am I glad they don't listen to the incessant moaning of places like this or the official forums.

I hope this author gets ready, the Golden-hating incel brigade has found its new target. I'm sure its just a coincidence that the frothing outrage is directed once more at a woman.
    There have been plenty of male authors that people can't stand either. Just because the author is a female doesn't make her exempt from it.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Yikes. They need find better material than Anduin and Genn arguing about Sylvanas. It got old quite a while ago. Where's Sylvanas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    - Not all undead get weaker - Sylvanas clearly isn't getting weaker, death knights aren't, Arthas didn't
    Arthas didn't even die once - prior to Tirion's 'deus ex machina' in WotLK - to be named 'undead' in its classic way. Remember history.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure its just a coincidence that the frothing outrage is directed once more at a woman.
    Maybe author of this novel getting criticised because of shit job as a writer and not of his/her gender? Given your 'logic' no one is allowed to express any kind of criticism toward writer if she is a woman?
    Try to use you brain and take out propaganda glasses sometimes. I heard it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Maybe author of this novel getting criticised because of shit job as a writer and not of his/her gender? Given your 'logic' no one is allowed to express any kind of criticism toward writer if she is a woman?
    Nope it definitely is.

Nope it definitely is.
    I am once again asking KrazyK923 to delete his account and stop posting forever.

Knaak has eaten more shit than any of the other authors put together. Golden, for her part, was usually considered to be a decent author and the best producer of WoW novels. Your absolutely fucking ridiculous, concern troll-tier assertions are completely useless.

For what it's worth, "stoically handsome face" is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Stoically is such a bad adjective to use in that sentence.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-05 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Reads almost as I imagined it would.

Will skip.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Knaak has eaten more shit than any of the other authors put together. Golden, for her part, was usually considered to be a decent author and the best producer of WoW novels.
    Bahahaha. Are you serious, do you actually believe this? Because I could totally see you just trolling and that's fine. But to seriously think that Knaak has gotten more hatred than Golden?

ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I am once again asking KrazyK923 to delete his account and stop posting forever.
    Naw its fun to see the incel backlash to point out the truth.

Kudos for knowing the phrase "concern trolling" but you should learn what it means first before using it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-05 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS. DO YOU SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THIS?

ROFL.
    There's nothing to believe. It was the truth. Golden got a lot of shit, any author of the WoW novels did, but she was certainly always the most well received. Both because she's a decent writer and because even when her writing is bad (Before the Storm) it's not unreadable (Knaak has produced some pretty fucking bad books. Stormrage is almost criminally shit.)

Golden is now pretty much the novelist with the most sway on the game and also the one who is the most visible to the public. Is everyone a sexist against men because Ion gets a ton of hatred?

There's no doubt that maybe a few of Golden's haters hate her because she's a girl, sure. But that's likely a pretty small number up against the majority of people that don't like her because she honestly isn't that great of a writer and she's been known to clearly favorite characters and turn them into mary sues (Anduin).

But you baselessly and without evidence scream and spit into the void. No one cares what you think.