Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The last episode of tGoT is a sheer nightmare for its fans (((

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Pretty much all Star Trek shows fit in this thread. They've all been mostly terribly at the start.

As someone who watched TNG for the first time a few years ago (and thus have no rose-colored goggles about the show), it was truly awful for the first ~2½ seasons. I had to drag myself through a lot of those episodes to catch the general storyline and character progression, but the episodes themselves were absolute shit apart from like 1 or 2 decent episodes. I had to fast forward a lot.
    I couldn't disagree more.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    A few people have mentioned Angel episodes........but no one has mentioned that HORRIBLE episode where they were all puppets?!?!

Also.....the few extremely preachy, PC episodes of Doctor Who this past season /facepalm
    Smile Time was one of my favourite episodes, so many great moments - like this one:

Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-03-25 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoT season 8

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Smile Time was one of my favourite episodes, so many great moments - like this one:
    Love this episode

I dont know if anyone watched ricky gervais' extras, but for me the christmas special was one of the worst episodes ever (if it counts). They finished the standard run off perfectly with Andy realizing he didn't need the fame, visiting the kid in hospital instead of meeting deNiro. Classic redemption arc. And then they went for drinks with DeNiro anyway. Great ending.

But then they went and basically retconned that to make andy miserable and fame hungry again for the special. It really disappoints me as I love everything else Gervais

Star Trek: DS9 - Move Along Home

Farscape - Coup by Clam

The X-Files - Mulder hooking up with the vampire lady, forgot the title

House MD - Words and Deeds

and for the low-hanging fruit, Dexter and GoT final seasons

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There are a couple of different takes on Eva but this is one of my favorites (despite the dude mispronouncing Eva every fucking time).
    Yeah, I actually didn't mind the last episodes of the original Evangelion series once I had time to process it. In general, the creator was using the series as an outlet for his depression, which is why you see so many themes within the show reflect such topics. I kind of like how in Eva, unlike most shows, all the action/battles and robot fighting actually feels like it's not the main story, all taking the back burner to Shinji and his mental development (and character development all around the cast, as well). If you came to the show because of the action and robot fighting and not the character studies, I can see how the last couple episodes would feel off.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Sopranos - Tony's dream sequence episode
    Agree. I would like to throw in any episode of Archer after he "dies" meaning the last few seasons. It's unwatchable

every episode of The Office (either version)

10+ Year Old Account
    Glee season 6.
    - New Directions only had one - yeah, [B]one[/B] - competition shown, while every other school year/season had a sectionals, a regionals, and a nationals competition (Barring S1 and S4, for plot reasons). They had the award ceremony for the Nationals, but didn't give the viewers any performances.
    - They formed a super-group from the Warblers and New Directions after the Warbler's school burned down, but we only got to see one competition performance, so it felt lackluster.
    - Wrapping up relationships and story-lines. For the most part they worked well, but some of the new plot points just fell flat in the mean-time (Will said he didn't want to direct New Directions, leaving it to Rachel and Kurt (and later Blaine) to direct the group, while he was an consultant. Later, in the finale, it built up to him accepting the trophy for their victory at the Nationals.) They also spent so much time wrapping up the old cast member's stories, that they didn't give much screen time for the newbies introduced in season 6.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.