Warcraft III Reforged: Has Blizzard finally gone insane?

What's sad is that I just noticed that WC3 Reforged was released (shows you how much I pay attention to Blizzard anymore); however, whats even far more sad is the game's ratings. 59% and 2.5/5 from PCGamer and PCMag, respectively. Not to mention all the other bad, very bad, reviews. Has Blizzard really lost their collective minds? Their one chance to make (remake) something great again, and they completely and utterly screw it up.

How in the world does this happen on a title that's so very important, a title that started the WoW craze. It's such an important piece of the company's history, and so very nostalgic for the fan base. Just pure insanity.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-03-05 at 04:05 PM.

For one thing it's a remaster NOT a remake, and was never touted as a remake.

But 59% is pretty deserving, it released with many bugs, and also has missing features to be added later. It really should have been delayed again, but I guess Acti-Blizz didn't approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    What's sad is that I just noticed that WC3 Reforged was released (shows you how much I pay attention to Blizzard anymore); however, whats even far more sad is the game's ratings. 59% and 2.5/5 from PCGamer and PCMag, respectively. Not to mention all the other bad, very bad, reviews. Has Blizzard really lost their collective minds? Their one chance to make (remake) something great again, and they completely and uttering screw it up.

How in the world does this happen on a title that's so very important, a title that started the WoW craze. It's such an important piece of the company's history, and so very nostalgic for the fan base. Just pure insanity.
    They overpresented and underdelivered. They got the remaking of the models/textures right, but botched everything when it came to having all the systems in place. Not to mention they went back on the whole "modern campaign" idea (but yet have a handful of mission changes) as well as the reforged cinematics (woo, new music in some of them, yay?). They really should of just said, remaster, not that whole "well actually its -reforged-"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

But 59% is pretty deserving, it released with many bugs, and also has missing features to be added later. It really should have been delayed again, but I guess Acti-Blizz didn't approve.
    Whatever you want to call it, it's sad, indeed miserable. Even by Blizzard standards.

It's a result of poor managment.
    It's a trend they have been having for years, but finally people are starting to notice it.

The basic idea of having the game releases from Blizzard where they have been spending literal years to make things right, is gone.
    Diablo 3 release should have been a early idea of where Blizzard was going as a company.

They need to get more control over their process, rather than having to listen to suits telling them to make money faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Whatever you want to call it, it's sad, indeed miserable. Even by Blizzard standards.
    I mean, it's a pretty distinct difference between remake and remaster.

Resident Evil 2 (2019) is a remake, full new engine, changed story elements and gameplay.

FFVIII Remaster is a full remaster, updated graphics and some added systems, but same engine.

When I saw footage of gameplay I actually thought it was the old version lol.

A thread bashing W3R, that's totally new and original.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

nah its more like they fucked up by making it a pre-order. by law that sets a deadline and if you dont release by the deadline, you have to automatically refund everyone their money. that wasnt going to happen of course so they shipped a fucked game fixing it after release. it is what it is and thats why pre-orders should be banned

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    nah its more like they fucked up by making it a pre-order. by law that sets a deadline and if you dont release by the deadline, you have to automatically refund everyone their money. that wasnt going to happen of course so they shipped a fucked game fixing it after release. it is what it is and thats why pre-orders should be banned
    It was already delayed passed the pre-order date, so your point is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    It's a result of poor managment.
    It's a trend they have been having for years, but finally people are starting to notice it.

The basic idea of having the game releases from Blizzard where they have been spending literal years to make things right, is gone.
    Diablo 3 release should have been a early idea of where Blizzard was going as a company.

They need to get more control over their process, rather than having to listen to suits telling them to make money faster.
    I agree definitely. I have been playing Blizzard games since WC2 in 1995, WC3, all the Diablo series (I agree D3 sucks), played WoW from the beginning until I couldn't stand them anymore. So I've seen what Blizzard boardroom development has done to once great titles and company. Sadly, there's no turning back at this point. They're just finished as an A rated gaming company.

I think it is a good case of good intentions pave the road to hell. I have no doubt when they were in the idea room they wanted to do all the things they said. Then they realized that stuff takes time, effort, and money to do. Some of the things like the lore changes were even fan "requested" in a way not to change the game (at least by some). But the communication on these things never really happened in a good and clear way. They gladly accepted pre-purchase money based on those things. Then as the things started to peel away that should have been clearly communicated and refunds offered based upon that. It wasn't something people should have been discovering when they installed the client and then had a CS department refusing and banning people asking or talking about refunds. I get that if you were really connected and in the know these things weren't a terrible surprise at launch. But a lot of people that maybe just saw that at Blizzcon or on their Blizzard launcher and bought it for the love of the game and the hype media stuff and nothing else really were hit over the head with a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I think it is a good case of good intentions pave the road to hell. I have no doubt when they were in the idea room they wanted to do all the things they said. Then they realized that stuff takes time, effort, and money to do. Some of the things like the lore changes were even fan "requested" in a way not to change the game (at least by some). But the communication on these things never really happened in a good and clear way. They gladly accepted pre-purchase money based on those things. Then as the things started to peel away that should have been clearly communicated and refunds offered based upon that. It wasn't something people should have been discovering when they installed the client and then had a CS department refusing and banning people asking or talking about refunds. I get that if you were really connected and in the know these things weren't a terrible surprise at launch. But a lot of people that maybe just saw that at Blizzcon or on their Blizzard launcher and bought it for the love of the game and the hype media stuff and nothing else really were hit over the head with a baseball bat.
    Glad I wasn't one of them. I was hyped about the game when I first heard of it, but then honestly forgot about it "until it's done". Really though, from what I'm reading, it seems they couldn't even just follow the original format / content with updated graphics.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-(Metacritic)

There's already a discussion thread about WC3 and the response to it, please use that thread for these discussions.