Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeah, you sound like my 18 year old elf back in Vanilla-->Wotlk that cared to be the best and be known on the server.

Which i was..You know, part of the big guild, the geared guy, the go-to guy and all that stuff, that the immature mentality of the 20s age carries, i guess you havent escaped that yet.

I am gonna ignore the mount farming comment cause thats just weak, you are literally the problem with retail, the insane amount of bads that farm irrelevant shit and instead of actual shit we get 2h questlines.

If you dont know what ahead of the curve means, its because you have never been in it therefor your cant comprehend it, i can write a story about it but its irrelevant.

As i said a few posts above, you are exactly like my familiar that started Classic and hit Rank 14 again, his first comment as to "Why the fuck would you do it again" is "but how will the pvpers and guild respect me in Classic".

You are of the same exact logic, some irrelevant fame in irrelevant periods of the game, while never actually mattering, aka never being ahead of the curve at any point in the game.

You know, actual ahead of the curve, the 3000 whispers for a realm first, the insane amount of whispers about help/guild joining and similar shit, when you are actually known in your community.

Or you know, in Legion/BFA numbers, joining groups with known top 20 guilds/players and being able to keep up in early expansion days, you know..Not being shit at the game stuff.

But yeah, "I have enchants in the 2005 version of the game in 2020"

Its fine, each on their own.

I am gonna stop answering to you now because its literally like talking to my friend that believes staying in his home at the age of 35, for the last 2.5 months and farming Rank 14, begging us to log his account from work so he can sleep, is skill and "fame".
    Ι don't even know where to begin, all you're doing is going on baseless rants about how good you are at the game as a response to people telling you "There are many ways to have fun in Azeroth".

Newsflash pal, I HAVE been Ahead of the Curve when it mattered, I cleared SWP before WOTLK Release and cleared LK25heroic before Cata release. I even raided Naxx in original vanilla as a 15yr old. How much more ahead of the curve do you want me to be, top 2% and top 5% ain't good enough for you? You haven't even played with me, in any type of content, yet you already know I am "Shit at the game".

People like you are the biggest trolls ever. If you "hanged out" with top 20 guilds why didn't you join em? Too bad to join em or..? Cause I was fine being in my top 300 EU guild from Vanilla till WOTLK, we had tons of fun and always got the content down when it was still current. BFA I never bought, legion I was busy getting my Master's degree, and I have MoP Cutting Edge Feats of Strength on my acc. I very much do know what "ahead of the curve" means, it's you who doesn't, because the "curve" you are referring to is something called the Normal Distribution. Now go read some Statistics, educate yourself, then come back to me, you sickening troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you sound like my 18 year old elf back in Vanilla-->Wotlk that cared to be the best and be known on the server.

Which i was..You know, part of the big guild, the geared guy, the go-to guy and all that stuff, that the immature mentality of the 20s age carries, i guess you havent escaped that yet.

I am gonna ignore the mount farming comment cause thats just weak, you are literally the problem with retail, the insane amount of bads that farm irrelevant shit and instead of actual shit we get 2h questlines.

If you dont know what ahead of the curve means, its because you have never been in it therefor your cant comprehend it, i can write a story about it but its irrelevant.

As i said a few posts above, you are exactly like my familiar that started Classic and hit Rank 14 again, his first comment as to "Why the fuck would you do it again" is "but how will the pvpers and guild respect me in Classic".

You are of the same exact logic, some irrelevant fame in irrelevant periods of the game, while never actually mattering, aka never being ahead of the curve at any point in the game.

You know, actual ahead of the curve, the 3000 whispers for a realm first, the insane amount of whispers about help/guild joining and similar shit, when you are actually known in your community.

Or you know, in Legion/BFA numbers, joining groups with known top 20 guilds/players and being able to keep up in early expansion days, you know..Not being shit at the game stuff.

I am gonna stop answering to you now because its literally like talking to my friend that believes staying in his home at the age of 35, for the last 2.5 months and farming Rank 14, begging us to log his account from work so he can sleep, is skill and "fame".
    And just as I was about to ask myself "How do I report someone on these forums" I see you managed to get your 12+ year old account, with 4.7k posts, banned. Congratulations man, and holy shit Thrall's Balls @ the Moderators :O That was a fast swinging of the banhammer...

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yeah sure mr. douchebag LOL. Raid loggin is just WTF to me. You raid log just to get loot. Loot for what? Just to keep it offline for entire week and log on for few hours and probably stain half afk on raid. That sounds like "great enteraintmentt"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Raid loggers will argue that, since the gear is obtained from raids, and is a tool to beat raids (both current ones and the ones down the line), that it only matters for raids, ignoring that raiding is only a part of the game. They think that their Staff of the Shadow Flame being offline for 6days/week is a good thing, when it could be used to...you know, melt faces in PVP, or help other members of the guild (who HELPED them get that Staff) do things, or to farm gold/rep/consumables/whatever. But no, it was obtained in a raid, it will be used in a raid, exclusively :P. The game is only raiding & nothing else. /sarcasm
    Raid loggers won't argue anything besides raiding with friends being the only enjoyable thing left for them after completing whatever else they set out to do. You both come off like you lost an item that was clearly supposed to be yours to someone that doesn't play as much as you therefor doesn't deserve it as much as you obviously do...

Personally the last time i raid logged was in cataclysm after clearing HC DS, my guild all got pretty bored after we got everyone the mount and only logged on to raid because we still enjoyed getting together and having some banter.

But ofc he thinks that - look at how he's answered to other posters in this thread. According to him, if your char isn't getting stronger, you're playing the game wrong. Dicking around in Capital cities, raising alts, casual PVP in AV, no no no, those activities don't empower your character, therefore they are useless, therefore YOU, for choosing to perform these activities are a bad player who is worth absolutely nothing (his own words).
    I don't know, I don't feel like the answers I've gotten have been that bad and I think some of the points are totally true.

Nah, your fun is your fun, doesnt mean its relevant to the game progression itself is the point, people dont seem to get that
    Fair enough. I'd argue that game progression lies in the eyes of the beholder though. My game progression might be doing all achievements, just spaming Barrens chat, clearing everything as quickly as possible and so on. The game might be constructed with one clear way of progression but the players might invent new ways. We create stuff aimed for one thing which then is used in other areas to great success.

If I recall correctly this was an average day in vanilla wow for me:
    Checking who's online.
    If I wanted to make a Group I /who for classes who could heal/tank, whisper them asking politely if they wanted to come heal/tank a dungeon.
    Most responded and eventually a group was formed with me as a healer most of the time.
    Had great fun chatting and running to the dungeon and also doing said dungeon.
    Doing more dungeons or go farm some in Azhara.
    World PvP or BG some.
    Doing some quest.
    Log off.

I was a novice back then though. Managed to clear everything but Naxx eventually so I'm happy with the experience
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I haven't logged in since our second week of clearing BWL.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

3+ Year Old Account
    And just as I was about to ask myself "How do I report someone on these forums" I see you managed to get your 12+ year old account, with 4.7k posts, banned. Congratulations man, and holy shit Thrall's Balls @ the Moderators :O That was a fast swinging of the banhammer...
    Dude it's just a suspension, he will be back in a couple days.
    Also he got that suspension after talking ridiculous shit for like 10 posts and getting reported and flagged for infraction in the earlier ones, there was nothing fast in this lol. I'm susprised he was allowed to keep going for so long, usually when I trigger someone I can instantly hear the police sirens coming my way as offended forum dwellers rape their keyboards with infuriated replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    PVP is worthless once you achieved your desired rank
    Some people PvP to have fun PvPing.. hard for you to fathom i’m sure.

Do some leveling on an alt.
    Check AH for snipes.
    Grind gold about an hour each day (quickly adds up to 400-700g/week, depending on luck and/or farm).
    Clear BWL/MC/Ony on Thursday, then Ony again on Sunday if reset.

And that's pretty much it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Ahh, the sweet sounds of the idiotic retail fan boy. How I love to hear you talk.

1. Either your parents did like you very much or you somehow survived their attempts at abortion and they just gave up.

2. You do realize that with your non-social, self-centered mentality that you will live and die alone, with probably not one person at your funeral, except for maybe the drunk guy that is stumbling around to piss on your grave.

Not everyone views videos games as you, and you are by no means the voice of all the patrons to WoW. In fact, I'm pretty confident that you reflect .002% of the population of WoW.

What gets me is that its not your view points about progression that are wrong. Its your blatant disrespect and bullying of the commentators in this post. I believe you to be a vile person that should be banned from this forum, the game, and social interactions forever.

#mytwocents

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Some people PvP to have fun PvPing.. hard for you to fathom i’m sure.
    Yeah and some people don't. I didn't say you aren't allowed to have fun in pvp though. I just said you can't force people to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    Yeah and some people don't. I didn't say you aren't allowed to have fun in pvp though. I just said you can't force people to do it.
    Umm, noone is forcing anything.

Log in one hour before bed, so tired from work I have to really push myself not to fall asleep while trying to get a bar or two on my alt.

Stop playing when I notice that I've been running into a wall for a while (hopefully I've gotten a bar of xp before that happens), while also realising I'll sleep too few hours yet another night.

In a period of a lot of work, so it's hard to get anything done in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So for me, I have this issue where I keep rerolling. This means that an average day for me is to level my now 37 Gnome Warlock. I try to stay outside the cities/dungeons and focus on leveling using a guide I found that works quite well (it's called "classicwow.live").

When I was 60 on my Shaman though, a typical day was more like this:
    • Log on and try to sell items on AH.
    • Look for specific items I have a fairly good idea of what is worth, to see if I can buy some cheap and sell later.
    • Craft using Alchemy consumables to try to make profit.
    • Do some AV. Not seriously enough to get a premade group.
    • Raid time - We clear Onyxia/MC.
    • Help other people with various issues like hard quests or dungeons.
    • Not really doing much farming for gold, Resto Shaman is not excactly efficient on this.

EDIT:
    I know it's very tempting to reply with all the reason you hate Classic and you have stopped playing it. Can you please resist your temptation to reply saying that? There are other threads for that.
    So your guild takes 7 days to clear ony/mc or you just don't understand the term "average"?
    What a shameless attempt to promote your website here also.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    So your guild takes 7 days to clear ony/mc or you just don't understand the term "average"?
    What a shameless attempt to promote your website here also.
    Not his website, but you know "haters gonna hate".

3+ Year Old Account
    Log on, jump around Stormwind for 5 minutes, log off and log onto retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Log on, jump around Stormwind for 5 minutes, log off and log onto retail.
    You do this every day? Lol

Got an afternoon off today and I decided to give Classic another look now that BWL was out.

My day in Classic looked something like this;
    • Log in to find that only 3 people in my guild have been online in the past month. The vast majority of players are still in the guild, so it's likely that they simply got bored with the game and moved on.
    • I checked out the Furbolg camps in Winterspring, find them being farmed by bots exclusively. So I decided to check out Felwood instead. I cleansed and picked up a Songflower I saw on the way and was immediately called a "Sperg lord" by one Rogue who seemed to think I had messed up his Guilds World Buffs.
    • Got repeatedly asked by low level players to boost them through Stockades/SM/ZF.
    • Find the Furbolg camps in Felwood to also be farmed by bots, decided to check out the Demons instead for some Felcloth. Only to find it was being camped by a 5 man groups stocking up their healers with Dark Runes. I did manage to find Destiny, an epic 2h sword, from one of the few mobs I managed to tag here though. I checked the AH to find it's listed for less than the Vendor price.
    • Gave up on trying to get any farming done and started a group to Strat, only to spend 90 minutes looking for a tank. Realising that I had then ran out of time to complete the Dungeon and logged off disapointed that in about 3 hours of playing I'd managed to get less than 30 Winterhold rep and about 10g for my trouble.
    • I now find myself wishing I'd used the time to play Halo instead .

Needless to say it was not a very productive afternoon. Is it representative of an "average" day? Probably. Bots are a problem for everyone and while I did report the ones I saw, there will be more to take their place before long. Chances are more people than just myself noticed them. There's always a shortage of tanks for 5 man dungeons anyway, so spending time looking for one in LFG chat to PUG one isn't anything out of the ordinary.

It really doesn't make for an encouraging experience for those not already heavilly invested into Classic.

How do you know they were all bots? @StrawberryZebra

Run around for 3 hours trying to go up 1 level by completing a handful of quests, die 12 times to level 22 mobs. Log out and try again 1 month later because fuck that grind.

*check who is online in guild/community to see if there is anything happening (raid, group pvp, dungeon runs). i play in a late night guild. we are most active between 10pm and 4am PST. we always have 30+ online many more on raid days.
    *check my auctions and relist if need
    *Run a dungeon or two to help people gearing/leveling and grab some enchanting mats. still a few pieces of specific gear i try to fish out of dungeons.
    *run AV or WSG once or twice for fun/honor and a little rep. I should be spamming WSG to grab my BIS bracers, but i lose interest fast when i spam bg's. im slowly gaining pvp ranks in hopes to get to at least rank 12, but alas the pvp system in vanilla in the biggest grind that has ever been in game. make AP farming look like AD rep.
    *advert my enchanting services for the last bit of game time for the day and check out my updated BIS list and figure out strategies for attaining.

if i have alot of playtime
    *level my mage for future AoE farming and skinning
    *level my warrior, cuz tanking in dungeons is actually fun again (my main is a bear) and BS/LW'er
    *level my priest and her tailoring/alchemy to more financially supply my main with raid pots.

just like retail actually, but almost no dailies/world quests or LFR/LFD. my BIS list is actually attainable in classic and working towards that is my main daily focus. some days i get to do alot in pursuit, some days not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    How do you know they were all bots? @StrawberryZebra
    They were all following the same set path around the spawn points. Everytime they were in combat they would perform a simple scripted actions. Like activating Blade Flurry ans spamming Sinister Strike over and over until the mob was dead. They would then mount up, run back to their path, pause for a second, then resume going to the next way point. When you have an entire conga line of them, it's very easy to tell that they're bots.

It varied by class, Shamans would drop a Searing Totem and auto attack until a mob was dead, then refresh Lightning Shield and Windfury before mounting up again and resuming their pathing. Druids would spam Maul in Bear form etc. They would also eat/drink at >30% or so HP/Mana without fail.

And they would repeat these steps endlessly. It was clearly automated behaviour. No Human player would consistently follow a route with such precision, nor would they engage in combat by using one button and auto attacking. Human players would be constantly making small optimisations to their play, like realisng something had respawned behind them and heading towards it, or using interrupts, bandages etc.