Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Responding to no one in particular I will say:

It doesn't matter if its only a 1% diff or not, the conversation and any arguments should be centered around why an aesthetic choice has any sort of power diff and the principle of it.

Covenants are most likely going to end up like racials, power should never be tied to aesthetic. And Blizzard choosing that road or complete homogenization is their fault and theirs alone, they could very easily make them covenants feel unique by deepening how much visuals they bring i.e spell effects/skins.

Its dumb and we all know its coming.
    And they saw with allied races how people like aesthetic and cool effects

if each covenant gave you different skins for spells and new effects, transmogs, even the weapon enchant effect it would be enough imo

Seems like Everyone will pick the covenant who will give the most dps anyway and change the covenant will be a pain in the ass, but we can't say much without alpha

I'm retiring from WoW progression soon anyway, but yes it will and that's if they don't add yet another RNG on top of impossible balance (they can't balance anything). Good luck tho, I'm going full casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    That is why voicing our displeasure now is important. If we wait they won't have time to fix things like what happened with azerite armor and how it got almost no testing before it went live.
    "Voicing your displeasure" about a system that may or may not even exist and in a place were it won't get heard. AKA wasting your time.

Azerite would have had to be reworked in the pre-alpha phase to make it in time. It took them till 8.2 just to get their band-aid up and running.

OP is banned laugh... Guess the Shadowlands Jailer got him.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissler-Dark- View Post
    OP is banned laugh... Guess the Shadowlands Jailer got him.
    OP bitch all the time, has some hate boner for Hazzikostas, is really unpleasant, got banned very quickly and started account less than 2 months ago... who's gonna bet that it's our good old friend Scarecrowz? ;D

I hope the benefits are purely cosmetic things. If the covenants offer different mechanical advantages, then that is just going to get real ugly.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    He's right but the worst is the 10.0 concept which is an abomination and will ruin the game
    C'mon all us psychics and seers know perfectly well that, as Nostradamus himself predicted, 11.2 is the worst patch in WoW history.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    I hope the benefits are purely cosmetic things. If the covenants offer different mechanical advantages, then that is just going to get real ugly.
    One of the core features is that each class (or spec?) is going to get a special skill that is thematic with the covenant you go with (fey/vampire/angelic/undead). What was shown for mages seemed like a rotational ability like a major essence.

I think we'll just have to wait and hope they include the abilities in the Alpha/Beta. Famously, the Azerite system was dumped on the beta like 2 weeks before beta ended and most of the spec traits were not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Only for 1% of top raiders which isnt something worth cuttering to.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know a whole bunch of the abilities were announced and shown off so you can see for your self how balanced or unbalanced they are based on what was announced at blizzcon. What was shown to me shows there will be clear right choices and wrong choices for classes but feel free to believe just like the gcd changes and class pruning blizzard will do as good a job as those changes on balancing covenants.
    So which is it going to be? Do we demand Blizzard leave in everything they showed us at Blizzcon, or they change some things? You cant have it both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

That is why voicing our displeasure now is important. If we wait they won't have time to fix things like what happened with azerite armor and how it got almost no testing before it went live.
    What, EXACTLY, are you voicing your displeasure about, be specific please, so those of us that want legitimate reasons to torch Blizzard can join in.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I think they could suck if someone wants to play multiple roles, or rather switches role e.g from DPS to tank then they don't have the tank ability.
    Uhh the ability you gain depends on your spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    covenants are going to be the best part of shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    For God's sake people need to quit pretending that their choices in game are made for them. Pick something you can live with and stop chasing some arbitrary min/max nonsense that likely isn't the deciding factor in your guild's progress. Because that is almost always mechanics and execution, not whether or not you or your raid chose the best dps covenant. I'm certain most people here are not being scrutinized by their peers or playing to the level that would require that choice.
    Don't you know? Everyone that's complaining is a mythic raid world first hunter!

Sad how crazy the claims they have to make of something not even released yet to get their point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Imagine not understanding the purpose of a discussion forum in 2020.
    Then again, there is a fine line between discussing things or yelling nonsense and flaming.

I think that gamers are weird customers in the sense that we express strong opinions like "this game is completely crap" "Blizzard ruined wow", yet still keep playing the game again and again. If I find a restaurant bad, I stop going there instead of going back and then tell them once again that their food sucks.

Constructive feedback/discussion is different of course.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-03-07 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

Of course you're wrong. You're misrepresenting this system by saying it will only make a small difference, you're making very strange comments implying that you cannot care about performance if you're not a very high end player and you're drawing comparisons that simply make no sense whatsoever.
    you literally haven't even seen the full system in-game yet and are jumping to conclusions/making irrational assumptions lmao

You know, mythic raiders are people too and we don't want to lose sleep over whether we picked the right covenant or not.

Here is why I would dislike unique mechanical benefits, using shaman as an example:

Each covenant offers a totem. Each totem will buff a stat of a friendly within 8 yards of it, preferably the original caster. But each of the four totems buff a different attribute. Covenant #1 buffs Mastery, Covenant #2 is Critical, Covenant #3 is Haste, Covenant #4 is Intellect. However whichever one you see that buffed an attribute that you wanted the most, or second most, was from a covenant whose aesthetics weren't to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Constructive feedback/discussion is different of course.
    The idea of constructive criticism is dead on this forum. Critical thinking is a lost art and if you try to exercise even a modicum of pragmatic musing, you'll be derided as a "Blizzard white knight." Very few people on this forum seem to want to discuss anything. Everything is kneejerk reactionary. "Everything sucks," is seemingly the only thing people agree on but the solution will be different from player to player. The only consistency is occasionally two players will share a slightly similar idea about how the game ~should~ be developed and that small little dopamine rush people get when they're quoted and somebody agrees with their very original opinion is what keeps this place going.

Meh. I think I'm getting as bitter and cynical as the people I often criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The idea of constructive criticism is dead on this forum. Critical thinking is a lost art and if you try to exercise even a modicum of pragmatic musing, you'll be derided as a "Blizzard white knight." Very few people on this forum seem to want to discuss anything. Everything is kneejerk reactionary. "Everything sucks," is seemingly the only thing people agree on but the solution will be different from player to player. The only consistency is occasionally two players will share a slightly similar idea about how the game ~should~ be developed and that small little dopamine rush people get when they're quoted and somebody agrees with their very original opinion is what keeps this place going.

Meh. I think I'm getting as bitter and cynical as the people I often criticize.
    I agree with this sentiment. It's either worst ever or barely good enough. Bringing real numbers and evidence into a discussion which favors blizzard is especially frowned upon.

*Dopamine rush!*

I will pick the coolest armor. The abilities they have is 1 attack comparing that to azerite is like saying lfr and mythic is the same