Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question What's the best way to farm Corrupted Mementos?

I need 345 CMs before (or on at the very latest) Wednesday, to buy Gift of the Titans.

New assault in Vale starts Saturday: 60
    New assault in both Vale and Uldum Wednesday: 2x60

That's 180, leaving me 165 short.

What's the fastest, most reliable and least infuriating way to farm the remaining CMs?
    Drop rate in Lesser Vision seems very low. Is that the best way, or just a supplement?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2020-03-06 at 06:52 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

5 mask full clear is the best way.

They aren't really meant to be farmable and the ways of getting them that are "farmable" are all really low amounts compared to doing complete horrific visions.

The only real way to farm them is lesser visions, which you can do pretty much as long as you want with sanity restoring items. The reward/time ratio is pretty bad for mementos but if you really only need 165 of them then it could be done. There are some overworld mobs in the 2 zones that drop some too and you can get some weekly amounts from various mobs in the raid.

The best reward/time way of getting them is obviously a 5 mask full clear picking up all the chests along the way, which yields a few thousand per run.

I don't really think the non-horrific visions drops of them are intended to be significant contributors to how you earn them.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2020-03-06 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Corrupted mobs give you 10,10,5,5,1 so killing 2-4 of them per day can help. In Lesser Visions if you really want mementos, searching for chests seems marginally more efficient than killing mobs unless there is a group/the daily is the kill 20 mobs or fill the progress bar. And ofc there is the raid mobs that drop mementos, have you killed those (they are available in LFR too if you don't raid).
    Corrupted mobs are rare.. Very rare.. Not really farmable. I think I have 5 or 6 checked off in the achievement, so far.
    Raid boss, as in world boss? Done her, this week already.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Corrupted mobs are rare.. Very rare.. Not really farmable. I think I have 5 or 6 checked off in the achievement, so far.
    Raid boss, as in world boss? Done her, this week already.
    Certain raid mobs in Ny'alotha drop them, pretty sure the world boss doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    The best reward/time way of getting them is obviously a 5 mask full clear picking up all the chests along the way, which yields a few thousand per run.
    I have already done my Horrific Vision(s) for this week.

Not mask runs... It seems to be truly horrific to pug mask runs, when people almost actively sabotage normal full runs; mask runs seem out of reach for now

I do, however, always pick up chests inside HVs, and they yield quite a bit of CMs, I just need them BEFORE I do next vision.

5+ Year Old Account

Not mask runs... It seems to be truly horrific to pug mask runs, when people almost actively sabotage normal full runs; mask runs seem out of reach for now

I do, however, always pick up chests inside HVs, and they yield quite a bit of CMs, I just need them BEFORE I do next vision.
    Solo visions mah dude. Best way to do em imo. There's even an achievement with a title for doing them solo 5 mask full clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Certain raid mobs in Ny'alotha drop them, pretty sure the world boss doesn't.
    On LFR too?

Haven't raided since Cata, but I do LFR, but haven't done this week yet.. Nice surprise

- - - Updated - - -

There are 4 named trash mobs inside Nyalotha that drop 200 mementos each and they even spawn in LFR. As for corrupted mobs, I don't really find them that rare (especially putrefactions).
    Oh yes.. Completely forgot about them. Didn't know it was four exactly, but I do recall getting 200 from certain mini-bosses in LFR.

Then it will be a breeze to get 345 before Wednesday.

run solo visions

also go clear a raid, there are trash mobs that drop 200-300 (at least on hc)

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way is really to run visions, and it can be worth doing them even if your cloak is already capped for the week. Honestly if I was that close to Titans, I'd probably just run an extra one so I would have it for next week when the runs matter.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Chances are you've already looked at this, but, just in case:
    WoWHead - Corrupted Mementos

10+ Year Old Account
    One of them is near the entrance of the second wing (and a second a bit later) so if you just need a few mementos, do that wing.
    I do the entire wings. Need the drop from each end boss.

Wondering: Since it's a trash mob, can you kill it for CMs more than once per week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't. That's the best way for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering: Since it's a trash mob, can you kill it for CMs more than once per week?
    No, once per week, regardless of difficulty.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I do the entire wings. Need the drop from each end boss.

Nope. Once per week across all difficulties. You can't game it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, once per week, regardless of difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Nope. Once per week across all difficulties. You can't game it.
    Would have been too easy

The easiest way is to use your 2 followers to do 3 missions - roughly 150 per two missions, so a total of 450. Kill off your other followers, recruit more 8.3 followers and repeat. You can easily get a couple of thousand mementos extra a week doing this. (And you'll end up looking for uncountered "kill followers" missions, in order to kill off the non memento-dropping ones).

pug an heroic clear on wedensday. Those big trash mobs after 3rd boss drops 200 corrupted mementos each. (not sure how many drops in normal, the same? or less?)

Also, missions with those new followers.

- - - Updated - - -

PUG? what? Just solo lol. Its supereasy solo. everything has next to no hp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FatGandalf View Post
    huh, interesting. 1350coalesing and 350corrupted for an hour in the daily vision is something at least.

But still, not worth an hour of mindless grind imo
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    PUG? what? Just solo lol. Its supereasy solo. everything has next to no hp.
    Maybe so, but the only mask I currently have, is the -50% sanity. I see myself running out of sanity, long before I complete a run.