Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,172

    Question What's the best way to farm Corrupted Mementos?

    I need 345 CMs before (or on at the very latest) Wednesday, to buy Gift of the Titans.

    New assault in Vale starts Saturday: 60
    New assault in both Vale and Uldum Wednesday: 2x60

    That's 180, leaving me 165 short.

    What's the fastest, most reliable and least infuriating way to farm the remaining CMs?
    Drop rate in Lesser Vision seems very low. Is that the best way, or just a supplement?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2020-03-06 at 06:52 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  2. #2
    5 mask full clear is the best way.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I need 345 CMs before (or on at the very latest) Wednesday, to buy Titans Gift.

    New assault in Vale starts Saturday: 60
    New assault in both Vale and Uldum Wednesday: 2x60

    That's 180, leaving me 165 short.

    What's the fastest, most reliable and least infuriating way to farm the remaining CMs?
    Drop rate in Lesser Vision seems very low. Is that the best way, or just a supplement?
    Corrupted mobs give you 10,10,5,5,1 so killing 2-4 of them per day can help. In Lesser Visions if you really want mementos, searching for chests seems marginally more efficient than killing mobs unless there is a group/the daily is the kill 20 mobs or fill the progress bar. And ofc there is the raid mobs that drop mementos, have you killed those (they are available in LFR too if you don't raid).
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  4. #4
    They aren't really meant to be farmable and the ways of getting them that are "farmable" are all really low amounts compared to doing complete horrific visions.

    The only real way to farm them is lesser visions, which you can do pretty much as long as you want with sanity restoring items. The reward/time ratio is pretty bad for mementos but if you really only need 165 of them then it could be done. There are some overworld mobs in the 2 zones that drop some too and you can get some weekly amounts from various mobs in the raid.

    The best reward/time way of getting them is obviously a 5 mask full clear picking up all the chests along the way, which yields a few thousand per run.

    I don't really think the non-horrific visions drops of them are intended to be significant contributors to how you earn them.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2020-03-06 at 06:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Corrupted mobs give you 10,10,5,5,1 so killing 2-4 of them per day can help. In Lesser Visions if you really want mementos, searching for chests seems marginally more efficient than killing mobs unless there is a group/the daily is the kill 20 mobs or fill the progress bar. And ofc there is the raid mobs that drop mementos, have you killed those (they are available in LFR too if you don't raid).
    Corrupted mobs are rare.. Very rare.. Not really farmable. I think I have 5 or 6 checked off in the achievement, so far.
    Raid boss, as in world boss? Done her, this week already.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Corrupted mobs are rare.. Very rare.. Not really farmable. I think I have 5 or 6 checked off in the achievement, so far.
    Raid boss, as in world boss? Done her, this week already.
    Certain raid mobs in Ny'alotha drop them, pretty sure the world boss doesn't.

  7. #7
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    The best reward/time way of getting them is obviously a 5 mask full clear picking up all the chests along the way, which yields a few thousand per run.
    I have already done my Horrific Vision(s) for this week.

    Not mask runs... It seems to be truly horrific to pug mask runs, when people almost actively sabotage normal full runs; mask runs seem out of reach for now

    I do, however, always pick up chests inside HVs, and they yield quite a bit of CMs, I just need them BEFORE I do next vision.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,854
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I have already done my Horrific Vision(s) for this week.

    Not mask runs... It seems to be truly horrific to pug mask runs, when people almost actively sabotage normal full runs; mask runs seem out of reach for now

    I do, however, always pick up chests inside HVs, and they yield quite a bit of CMs, I just need them BEFORE I do next vision.
    Solo visions mah dude. Best way to do em imo. There's even an achievement with a title for doing them solo 5 mask full clear.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Corrupted mobs are rare.. Very rare.. Not really farmable. I think I have 5 or 6 checked off in the achievement, so far.
    Raid boss, as in world boss? Done her, this week already.
    There are 4 named trash mobs inside Nyalotha that drop 200 mementos each and they even spawn in LFR. As for corrupted mobs, I don't really find them that rare (especially putrefactions).
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  10. #10
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Certain raid mobs in Ny'alotha drop them, pretty sure the world boss doesn't.
    On LFR too?

    Haven't raided since Cata, but I do LFR, but haven't done this week yet.. Nice surprise

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There are 4 named trash mobs inside Nyalotha that drop 200 mementos each and they even spawn in LFR. As for corrupted mobs, I don't really find them that rare (especially putrefactions).
    Oh yes.. Completely forgot about them. Didn't know it was four exactly, but I do recall getting 200 from certain mini-bosses in LFR.

    Then it will be a breeze to get 345 before Wednesday.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  11. #11
    run solo visions

    also go clear a raid, there are trash mobs that drop 200-300 (at least on hc)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    On LFR too?

    Haven't raided since Cata, but I do LFR, but haven't done this week yet.. Nice surprise
    One of them is near the entrance of the second wing (and a second a bit later) so if you just need a few mementos, do that wing.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  13. #13
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,189
    The best way is really to run visions, and it can be worth doing them even if your cloak is already capped for the week. Honestly if I was that close to Titans, I'd probably just run an extra one so I would have it for next week when the runs matter.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  14. #14
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,248
    Chances are you've already looked at this, but, just in case:
    WoWHead - Corrupted Mementos

  15. #15
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One of them is near the entrance of the second wing (and a second a bit later) so if you just need a few mementos, do that wing.
    I do the entire wings. Need the drop from each end boss.

    Wondering: Since it's a trash mob, can you kill it for CMs more than once per week?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  16. #16
    Dreadlord Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    834
    Don't. That's the best way for me.

  17. #17
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,189
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wondering: Since it's a trash mob, can you kill it for CMs more than once per week?
    No, once per week, regardless of difficulty.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I do the entire wings. Need the drop from each end boss.

    Wondering: Since it's a trash mob, can you kill it for CMs more than once per week?
    Nope. Once per week across all difficulties. You can't game it.

  19. #19
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, once per week, regardless of difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Nope. Once per week across all difficulties. You can't game it.
    Would have been too easy
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •