Poll: How much will a black lotus cost the day Naxx is released?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What will a black lotus cost on your server the day Naxx is released?

Any thoughts on the future of an item with such a limited quantity is welcome. On the really high pop raiding servers I see these going for mega gold. They're quite valuable on the medium realms already.

On the other hand, I think a lot of players will leave once they find out AQ40 requires a lot of running in circles around Un'Goro/Silithus/Plaguelands/Burning Steppes, but there'll still be a lot of raiders.

Feel free to post with your server, too. On Old Blanchy they've been steady at 55-60 for weeks, but they just spiked to 100 today.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2020-03-06 at 07:45 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

They've been steady around 125g on Firemaw for weeks now. 55-60 lol, would buy out the entire AH every day at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Any thoughts on the future of an item with such a limited quantity is welcome. On the really high pop raiding servers I see these going for mega gold. They're quite valuable on the medium realms already.

On the other hand, I think a lot of players will leave once they find out AQ40 requires a lot of running in circles around Un'Goro/Silithus/Plaguelands/Burning Steppes, but there'll still be a lot of raiders.

Feel free to post with your server, too. On Old Blanchy they've been steady at 55-60 for weeks, but they just spiked to 100 today.
    Who fucking cares? Content is puggable day one. You don't need anything to clear naxx except for being LVL 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I'd say around 400g. Mostly due high demand and inflation at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Who fucking cares?
    Why do you reply in this thread if you do not care?

Content is puggable day one. You don't need anything to clear naxx except for being LVL 60.
    I am not saying Naxx will be hard or anything but this place is HUGE. Do not think pugs will be able to finish it day on day one mostly due how time consuming it will be to clear all trash and 15 bosses.

Who fucking cares? Content is puggable day one. You don't need anything to clear naxx except for being LVL 60.
    Hah! You go in to naxx at lvl 60 (assuming no gear, screw it, assuming pre-bis gear, attuned and all) and you'll not get past the trash to Patchwerk.
    While the content is not hard grant you given todays standards, it is gear dependant as some stuff (like patchwerk) will destroy your HP pool faster than you can say "Naxx"

Also. Why whine?

On topic: Depends highly on the supply and how much the people that have alot of them talk to eachother. Because if it's not controlled, someone could flood the market and basically drop the prices. I know there are pleanty of hoarders on my server who have been stockpiling them since day 1 basically (or as soon as they could have ). Then again, demand will be superhigh....but yeah I can imagine some people will just not waste their gold if they go above 150g since it honestly isn't a requirement. The tryhard guilds will, but most of them will have plenty flasks anyway...heh...good question.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

This is one of the larger hyperboles I've read so far. If you really think you can pug it with the only requirement being lvl 60, you are just delusional. Yes classic is fucking easy, but you still need gear, and that is what it is about, continous gear farming over months to get Naxx done.

Ahh the fallacy that Naxx will require flasks and world buffs...

Ah that's why not even every guild managed to clear BWL the first week

Piss off, Classic content got some gear checks, Vael for instance is a huge guild wiper because you got 45 sec to kill him before your tank dies and you actually need to know what to do. Is it as hard as retail content? For sure not, but it isn't as faceroll as some think, for people who got no clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Whatever whenever however
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2023-06-13 at 09:25 AM.

It depends on the server. Higher pop servers should see prices of 300g or more, prices doubled on my server up to 125g~ several weeks away from BWL's initial release. AQ40 will cause another spike in prices and Naxx 40 should see the most drastic spike of them all. To all those claiming that Naxx 40 will easily be pugged y'all will be in for a rude awakening. It's very gear and consumable dependent, pugs won't be breezing through Naxx 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have loads in my bank, so I hope a lot.

Woa you guys are getting slow at the instant reply, shit posting. Only 2nd this time on the thread!

Honestly though, answer me this. You clearly dislike classic yet, you see a very specific, a very niche thread about classic and your first thought is "Man, I gotta get in on this one to shit on people again".

I mean really, I can't work out if you're really just that pathetic or you have that much time on your hands that you're bored shitless.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Ahh the fallacy that Naxx will require flasks and world buffs...
    To be fair, Naxx is the only content ever released in Vanilla to be balanced around the idea of Flasks and food buffs, but not world buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    This is one of the larger hyperboles I've read so far. If you really think you can pug it with the only requirement being lvl 60, you are just delusional. Yes classic is fucking easy, but you still need gear, and that is what it is about, continous gear farming over months to get Naxx done.
    yep,and wile mecanicaly naxx still isnt very complex,but tuning wise its leagues above almost anything before it,it will ofc go down in 1h but it will go down to players geared for it,fresh 60's dont stand a chance,its not mc where you only need a functioning brain to do it

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yep,and wile mecanicaly naxx still isnt very complex,but tuning wise its leagues above almost anything before it,it will ofc go down in 1h but it will go down to players geared for it,fresh 60's dont stand a chance,its not mc where you only need a functioning brain to do it
    It will go down to people with min maxed raid setups with years of experience with clearing Naxx*
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

well its all rng so, you sorta need flasks for bwl, I mean you can totally roll the dice and hope that broodlord doesn't crit you for 9k in a single melee swing or he doesn't parry off a 6-7k mortal strike and global you in 2 hits. vael is the same, he can global the tank with a flamebreath and followup melee swing.

I think a lot of fights might not need flasking but some might require the extra hp to survive bad rng. AQ40 I never did in old classic, but I think it seems to me like its going to be more bwl with c'thun being the one interesting boss. while naxx has its bottleneck with the 4 horsemen the hard part will be getting the tanks to do the tactic.

is 4 horsemen puggable day 1 without 8 warriors using the t3 setbonus that adds 5% chance for taunt to hit. maybe, if the stars align and everyone has perfect rng. I think most guilds still need to spend a couple weeks farming upto the 4h and I don't think kel'thuzad will die on day 1, maybe week 2 we'll see but you can't get to sapphiron without clearing each wing so. I can't see you getting that much warrior t3 in one week either. even if every other boss magically drops warrior t3 pieces it wouldn't be enough in a single clear.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-03-06 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    It will go down to people with min maxed raid setups with years of experience with clearing Naxx*
    yeah,those will be the world firsts and the fastest kills,but anyone in bwl/aq gear that has spent some time reading up on figths will do it just fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    well its all rng so, you sorta need flasks for bwl, I mean you can totally roll the dice and hope that broodlord doesn't crit you for 9k in a single melee swing or he doesn't parry off a 6-7k mortal strike and global you in 2 hits. vael is the same, he can global the tank with a flamebreath and followup melee swing.

I think a lot of fights might not need flasking but some might require the extra hp to survive bad rng. AQ40 I never did in old classic, but I think it seems to me like its going to be more bwl with c'thun being the one interesting boss. while naxx has its bottleneck with the 4 horsemen the hard part will be getting the tanks to do the tactic.

is 4 horsemen puggable day 1 without 8 warriors using the t3 setbonus that adds 5% chance for taunt to hit. maybe, if the stars align and everyone has perfect rng. I think most guilds still need to spend a couple weeks farming upto the 4h and I don't think kel'thuzad will die on day 1, maybe week 2 we'll see but you can't get to sapphiron without clearing each wing so. I can't see you getting that much warrior t3 in one week either. even if every other boss magically drops warrior t3 pieces it wouldn't be enough in a single clear.
    I can tottaly see blizzard make a change to the encounter and make it not need 8 warriors,aka wotlk version,or maybe private server guys have found a workaround i may not have been aware of

I dunno if they'll change anything, all i know is that the 4 horsemen were likely the hardest fight in terms of co-ordination, it is the fight that will probably stop most ppl getting to sapphiron and therefore, finishing the instance.

I heard that c'thun was mathematically impossible when aq40 released, perhaps they won't repeat that if he was indeed just bugged, I could see him not being bugged this time. but thats the extent of the changes I would expect nothing that really massively alters the mechanics in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I dunno if they'll change anything, all i know is that the 4 horsemen were likely the hardest fight in terms of co-ordination, it is the fight that will probably stop most ppl getting to sapphiron and therefore, finishing the instance.
    4 horseman may be a block, not really sure as I didn't pay any attention to how taunt works on pservers.

I've heard that regular +hit effected taunt on private servers, but in actual vanilla/classic, only spell hit will. If this is true (I don't think it is), then tanks will be seeing far more taunt resists than they did on pservers, making the fight harder.

There is also a ZG trink you can use to increase spell hit, which all tanks used at first on pservers.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-03-06 at 11:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    considering they float around 150g my server atm...

not like I need a flask for orange parses anyways xD
    world buffs is more then enough.