Unlike Original Classic. Premades Work Now!

Discord and other social platforms are mobile apps and pretty much make setting-up/managing premade groups for all content extremely easy.

Today the sheer number of premades, during all hours of the day, seem much greater than back in the day. If this is accurate then the question that presents it self: Why not have preamde Vs premade and solo Vs solo?

Back in the day guilds would have unsubbed because queue times would have gone north of 20min/30min which sucked, thus the lesser of two evils was to do nothing.

Edit: On a side note, if many/most ally avoid AV -for whatever reason- why not have map setup a coin flip? Instead of static Ally/Horde starting points, have match up do a coin toss?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2020-05-29 at 05:13 PM.

You'd have to add another layer to somehow handle the honor gain.

Pre made vs. Pre made games aren't exactly honor efficient, so it would be possible that some form of solo queue becomes the ranking meta again.
    Which isn't exactly part of Classic, as a lot of people complained about it initially how (solo queue) AV was the Ranking Meta in Classic, but not in Vanilla.

I think that already makes any change on that front very unlikely.

So, even assuming for a moment that they solve that issue and you cannot effectively reach the higher ranks without pre made...wouldn't that also the defeat the point of the solo queue?
    I mean, most people that solo queue don't know it any better or avoid pre mades for a variety of reasons (I don't think it's exactly arcane knowledge that most "PvP cliques" are a bit "special").

Farming Rep in BG's via solo queues is extremely inefficient (Because pug vs. pug matches can last 30min+).
    With a decent the Pre made, the grind in WSG / AB is actually pretty manageable and doesn't take months, only a few weeks (or even days if you really want to get it done quickly).

While i have a genuine interest in an actual casual PvP mode, it's just every difficult to layer rewards on top of that, while also not making it the more efficient path to rank.
    Unless you'd be happy with some automated form of Wargames that doesn't award honor / rep, but i doubt that would be popular.

The Honor system is just plain fucked in Classic, there is no easy to seperate casual players more Rankers, because the system is built on plowing through as many people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You'd have to add another layer to somehow handle the honor gain.

Pre made vs. Pre made games aren't exactly honor efficient, so it would be possible that some form of solo queue becomes the ranking meta again.
    Which isn't exactly part of Classic, as a lot of people complained about it initially how (solo queue) AV was the Ranking Meta in Classic, but not in Vanilla.

I think that already makes any change on that front very unlikely.

So, even assuming for a moment that they solve that issue and you cannot effectively reach the higher ranks without pre made...wouldn't that also the defeat the point of the solo queue?
    I mean, most people that solo queue don't know it any better or avoid pre mades for a variety of reasons (I don't think it's exactly arcane knowledge that most "PvP cliques" are a bit "special").

Farming Rep in BG's via solo queues is extremely inefficient (Because pug vs. pug matches can last 30min+).
    With a decent the Pre made, the grind in WSG / AB is actually pretty manageable and doesn't take months, only a few weeks (or even days if you really want to get it done quickly).

While i have a genuine interest in an actual casual PvP mode, it's just every difficult to layer rewards on top of that, while also not making it the more efficient path to rank.
    Unless you'd be happy with some automated form of Wargames that doesn't award honor / rep, but i doubt that would be popular.

The Honor system is just plain fucked in Classic, there is no easy to seperate casual players more Rankers, because the system is built on plowing through as many people as possible.
    EU at least you have honor caps player managed over discord groups. From the smallest server to the most active one, if one player decides to break ranks they get reported by hundreds of players .. And while said player may have not broken any rules, the simple fact that a multi day suspension takes place, they lose weeks of ranking.

On the other hand, play ball and stay in line and you need only play 10hr -12hr a day and you will rank.

My point is its solo ranking is very possible and much easier today if you put in the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    EU at least you have honor caps player managed over discord groups. From the smallest server to the most active one, if one player decides to break ranks they get reported by hundreds of players .. And while said player may have not broken any rules, the simple fact that a multi day suspension takes place, they lose weeks of ranking.
    Sounds more like an issue (once again) with automated system handling suspensions.
    This sort of shitshow was pretty regular back in Vanilla as well, if someone decides to break a bracket, they'd get kicked from the group and be left on their own to continue ranking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    My point is its solo ranking is very possible and much easier today if you put in the hours.
    That is subjective, because it goes back to the point where no communication between players happens and you virtually have to play more than anyone to rank for 3+ months.
    You're basically trading the requirement of dealing with other people for competing with those people.

And quite frankly, unless you're after the Prestige of reaching Rank 14, starting to Rank (at least 14) now isn't worth it anyway.
    With AQ on the horizon, the Epic Amor will lose value, the weapons also won't be BiS anymore for some specs.

That's one of Vanilla problems. They never updated the PvP gear once new raid patches came out. This gear was excellent when MC or BWL was the top-end content but once t2,5 and t3 came out it was pretty damn pointless. Sure Naxxramas is difficult to reach and get into, but so is Rank 14 in PvP.

Hasn't the whole Warmode feature also helped premades?