Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account

Amnesia: Rebirth

Not sure how many other Amnesia fans we have here, but it looks like a new one was announced today.

I'm pretty excited. I remember the first two Amnesia games being pretty short (I have maybe 8 hours played in the first one, and that includes some time I spent just dicking around after completing the first playthrough), but I found them worth my money.
    Last edited by avitush; 2020-03-06 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first 2 scared the shit out of me, this looks promising.

Horror games are the best and have not had a good one since Alien Isolation, can't wait.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Oh god no.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    *scared PewDiePie noises*

SOMA remains my favorite horror title (of the very very few I've had the guts to play) so I'm ready, and yet so very not ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hopefully its a bit more than a 'crouch'n'crabwalk like you shit yourself' jellyvision episode of 'Boo! Haunted house!' this time around. Even streamers got tired of pretending to be scared at that tired schtik.

This looks good! I loved the first Amnesia, but I was quite disappointed in the second one. It doesn't look like Chinese Room has anything to do with this one, though.

Absolutely loved the first Amnesia, one of the scariest games I've played that actually had me shaken. A Machine for Pigs wasn't as scary but I liked the story behind it, both games have rather disturbing stories which sets up the atmosphere perfectly. Also loved SOMA but it wasn't as scary as the Amnesia games, maybe because horror games became more of a trend and I got used to Amnesia's formula. It was still a really good game regardless.

Really hope that this game can set a new standard for horror games again. The first Amnesia basically ressurected the horror genre and gave birth to the most popular Youtuber, thats how much influence it had. The only thing I do not want to see is any form of combat, It was bad in Penumbra: Overture and it just ruins what made their previous games great.

While combat isnt necesary for this kind of game, you should still be able to defend yourself, otherwise it appears that you play as some kind of twerp with no sense of self preservation.

I honestly find 'Hide&Seek' horror games to be boring.

But that goes for any stealth game really ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Not sure how many other Amnesia fans we have here, but it looks like a new one was announced today.

I'm pretty excited. I remember the first two Amnesia games being pretty short (I have maybe 8 hours played in the first one, and that includes some time I spent just dicking around after completing the first playthrough), but I found them worth my money.
    I mean, I'm gonna get it, that goes without saying, but i'd love see Frictional releasing new IPs rather than a sequel to a game that didn't need one, (A Machine for Pigs count as much as any other fan made campaing). Even SOMA had more sequel potential.