Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,067
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i would love to see evidence of them saying that. as far as i can tell there is still an infinite power grind with anima power but it's just capped weekly.
    ... If it's capped weekly that's not infinite my dude. Unless you think conquest. Frost emblems. Valour, triumph, etc were all infinite grinds...

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... If it's capped weekly that's not infinite my dude. Unless you think conquest. Frost emblems. Valour, triumph, etc were all infinite grinds...
    i mean just because there is a weekly cap doesn't make something not infinite. my biggest concern is that people will hate the grind just because of the past 2 expacs. people even disliked the valor system when daily caps were involved. maybe i'm just overthinking things.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    aka do idiotic unfun things.
    Aka normal and logic stuff

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i mean just because there is a weekly cap doesn't make something not infinite. my biggest concern is that people will hate the grind just because of the past 2 expacs. people even disliked the valor system when daily caps were involved. maybe i'm just overthinking things.
    I don't think you understand the definition of "infinite"

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    I don't think you understand the definition of "infinite"
    I believe he means that it's infinite in the sense that you have to keep capping every single week without end. I think a lot of people are too trusting in the "it has a weekly cap so it's better" Blizz PR that came out of Shadowlands. My assumption is that it's still going to go on forever, and that the catch up mechanics are going to suck so it'll still be very unfriendly to alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  6. #306
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I believe he means that it's infinite in the sense that you have to keep capping every single week without end. I think a lot of people are too trusting in the "it has a weekly cap so it's better" Blizz PR that came out of Shadowlands. My assumption is that it's still going to go on forever, and that the catch up mechanics are going to suck so it'll still be very unfriendly to alts.
    Except if you dont cap in a week, you can just double cap next week.
    look at conquest as it in now ingame.
    you can get 500 a week, or you can get 1500 every 3 weeks
    or 500 one week, 0 next week, 1000 week after that.

  7. #307
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They had good gear (not the best gear, but good) from badges in Wrath, also the only place to get epic Relics. And in cata some of the tier gear came from badges.
    It did in LK too, usually as an alternative source.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes you click other spells to trigger that damage. It's not coming out of thin air.
    This is the most ridiculous semantics argument I've ever seen. Being contrarian isn't a substitute for a personality

  9. #309
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    WQ gear is shit ilvl, LFR gear is shit ilvl. The only 2 valid choices for gear are M+ and Raiding which are both entirely RNG, having a deterministic source that can get you a piece every 2 weeks or so isn't a bad thing at all.

    Though M+ should be capped. Maybe 1 of each key level for gear per week, just like mythic. Good players can push for extra gear, but you can't grind a +10 infinitely to be ready for raiding. M+ being infinite was ALWAYS a problem.
    WQ gear was acceptable starting gear until this patch (where they've made the WQ azerite pieces completely useless).

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except if you dont cap in a week, you can just double cap next week.
    look at conquest as it in now ingame.
    you can get 500 a week, or you can get 1500 every 3 weeks
    or 500 one week, 0 next week, 1000 week after that.
    It's a better system but still a pretty garbage system. In regards to pvp it should just be a state template. It isnt because pvpers want to out gear other people rather then it come down to skill.

    I just don't want bars to fill. Let's return to progressing through content. Badges and everything after served no positive purpose.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    It's a better system but still a pretty garbage system. In regards to pvp it should just be a state template. It isnt because pvpers want to out gear other people rather then it come down to skill.

    I just don't want bars to fill. Let's return to progressing through content. Badges and everything after served no positive purpose.
    I want progression, but a weekly cap is a very poor way to do it for pve. I want it to be based on how quickly you accomplish things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  12. #312
    Honestly I find the seasonal approach to be horrid for an MMORPG. It kinda works in Diablo III but in WoW it's bullshit and the fact the dev team thinks it's the way to go makes me shake my head in disbelief.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Doesn't really matter if there's other issues or not, a 0% wipe is the difference between one person being a single neck level higher. It isn't an insignificant value, you're just trying to justify being lazy.
    Looks like your trying to justify "being forced" to grind your neck.

    Blizzard said that infinite grind is finished. Of course mmochampions will define this as being done with AP after 5 weeks and then charge to the forums to demand resignations because blizzard lied again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’m sure it’s still gonna have the other issues that infinite power systems always had, mainly:

    “Oh hey, you just started an alt? Great! Now you need to cap anima for x weeks to get close to the level everyone expects for raiding!”

    “Oh, you’ve got a busy month? ...make sure you log in and get your anima, don’t want to fall behind! Don’t worry, it’s mindless. Even at your busiest, we’re encouraging you to do something that is literally just designed to waste your time.”
    This isn't an issue with the system. It is an issue with the player. If I am actually busy, because I actually have a job, I can and will choose not to login and do anything in wow. If I have time later then the systems allow me to catch up. This is called being an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. It's clear that you let wow rule your life. You should take action so you don't burn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  14. #314
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    It's a better system but still a pretty garbage system. In regards to pvp it should just be a state template. It isnt because pvpers want to out gear other people rather then it come down to skill.

    I just don't want bars to fill. Let's return to progressing through content. Badges and everything after served no positive purpose.
    You say that but we had stat templates to where gear didn't matter and people complained. So now it's a lite version of that.
    PvP players do want to out gear people, they don't want it to be 100% skill. You can go back and find people complaining. "Wow I spent forever to get all this gear and this guy in greens still took a long time to kill, this is bullshit. PvP gear is useless!

    And also you rather have RNG then bars that you fill at your own rate. That you can see and have control over?

    Fill the bar... Get a specific amount of something then use it to get an item... Sounds like PvP vendors. You sure you don't want rng

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This isn't an issue with the system. It is an issue with the player. If I am actually busy, because I actually have a job, I can and will choose not to login and do anything in wow. If I have time later then the systems allow me to catch up. This is called being an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. It's clear that you let wow rule your life. You should take action so you don't burn out.
    If these guys got what they wanted it would be a terrible game. All that makes an MMO a MMO and the desire for it not to matter whether or not you log in are inherently incompatible concepts. It speaks to how amazingly good WoW is that people with no desire to play an MMO are still playing it year after year.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If these guys got what they wanted it would be a terrible game. All that makes an MMO a MMO and the desire for it not to matter whether or not you log in are inherently incompatible concepts. It speaks to how amazingly good WoW is that people with no desire to play an MMO are still playing it year after year.
    So alcohol is amazing because people drink it despise it ruined their life and they have no desire to drink it?

  17. #317
    High Overlord LuckyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    North-rhine-westphalia
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So alcohol is amazing because people drink it despise it ruined their life and they have no desire to drink it?
    You can't just always pull out the BS i work 9 to 5 argument (like most of us do if you aren't delusional ) and say according to that i can't play under the week so i should never miss anything.

    It's really not like you need to play 3 or more hours every day just to be able to participate in most content.. i don't think that even CE raiders need to do that.

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So alcohol is amazing because people drink it despise it ruined their life and they have no desire to drink it?
    Honest question here ... what the fuck are you rambling about?

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This isn't an issue with the system. It is an issue with the player. If I am actually busy, because I actually have a job, I can and will choose not to login and do anything in wow. If I have time later then the systems allow me to catch up. This is called being an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. It's clear that you let wow rule your life. You should take action so you don't burn out.
    It is, because if you don't have much time, you end up spending way longer on catch up than on playing the actual game. There's only one part of wow that's even remotely interesting - the current raid and m+. All the catch up does is put a time gate in front of your ability to actually play.

    I unsubscribed for 18 months and I have to wade through an unbelievable pile of shit to get to the good stuff. I feel like Andy Dufresne escaping Shawshank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It is, because if you don't have much time, you end up spending way longer on catch up than on playing the actual game. There's only one part of wow that's even remotely interesting - the current raid and m+. All the catch up does is put a time gate in front of your ability to actually play.

    I unsubscribed for 18 months and I have to wade through an unbelievable pile of shit to get to the good stuff. I feel like Andy Dufresne escaping Shawshank.
    What is your perception of how long it would take you (time /played) to get to the point you could raid at the level you wanted to raid or run the keys you wanted to run? What level of raiding are you talking about? What level of keys are you talking about?

    My guildmate boosted a priest and 2 calendar days (and about 8 hours /played) later we almost timed a 15 with him healing. Given that people tend to want to complain and they make shit up to justify their complaining ... and given that what you are saying is demonstratively false, my perception is that you have no intention of being honest. Unless you're going to quit immediately after running your first key, you're not going to spend as much time catching up as you will take playing the endgame. It won't even be close. To claim otherwise is absurd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •