Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well they are.. in PoE you are able to interact with league mechanics from the start. Or do you want to fight endgame bosses at lvl 1?
    And in D3 you're able to do Rifts from lvl 1.

    But it's not the same thing as endgame.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And in D3 you're able to do Rifts from lvl 1.

    But it's not the same thing as endgame.
    i mean rifts are extremely boring though

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The biggest problem that worries me is that they are bringing back the ability to trade powerful items, but due to the bad press from D3 they are not bringing back the RMAH.

    This is an obvious major mistake as for a healthily game the existence of the former mandates the existence of the the latter, without it the economy will be dictated by third party item trading sites (most likely Chinese) which players will have no choice but to use if they don't want to be at a disadvantage.
    It would be best not to have trading in diablo, if you want trading play PoE that game you really need to trade to get things, diablo doesnt need it, what we need is lots of different things to do and gear that doesnt scale as much as it does now and bosses at max difficulty should not be as easy.

    Diablo just needs more things to do at endgame and adding trading would just make it too essential for the game just like PoE.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It would be best not to have trading in diablo, if you want trading play PoE that game you really need to trade to get things, diablo doesnt need it, what we need is lots of different things to do and gear that doesnt scale as much as it does now and bosses at max difficulty should not be as easy.

    Diablo just needs more things to do at endgame and adding trading would just make it too essential for the game just like PoE.
    But if there will be no trading at all then the drop chance for items must be very high and this kills whole purpose of ARPGs for me when gear just rain from the sky like in Diablo 3. Trading can balance this so you can still get a drop but if you are unlucky you can always buy some piece.

  5. #125
    I'm in the same boat. I think it looks great and I will probably enjoy a playthrough or two... But I think I don't enjoy the grinding style gameplay that diablo is anymore.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The thing is, Diablo is the only game I preorder and not just that but physical Collector's Edition.
    I'm pretty sure Diablo 4 won't suck, and even if Blizzard goes against my concern and releases a game I'm not happy about, I'm sure that I will spend countless hours playing it.
    This is the reason why it will suck.
    They see how many people preordered the game for just believing 'it will be good' so they do not have to try make it a good game.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    This is the reason why it will suck.
    They see how many people preordered the game for just believing 'it will be good' so they do not have to try make it a good game.
    Statements like this are pure bullshiit. If they are working on a game its obvious they will try make it as best as possible just to make more money because good game = more sales = more money. Preorders mean nothing. Its still can be a hit or miss because you cant be sure you will hit the player expectations.

    Like seriously how delusional you can be to think game devs are not trying to make good game?
    Last edited by Mamut; 2020-07-11 at 11:39 AM.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Statements like this are pure bullshiit. If they are working on a game its obvious they will try make it as best as possible just to make more money because good game = more sales = more money. Preorders mean nothing. Its still can be a hit or miss because you cant be sure you will hit the player expectations.
    They are doing their games not to make them good but to financially satisfy investors.
    If preodreds hit certain $$ mark they do not have to care that much anymore and the game will be much worse than it could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Like seriously how delusional you can be to think game devs are not trying to make good game?
    *ekhm*Warcraft 3: Refunded *ekhm*

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Statements like this are pure bullshiit. If they are working on a game its obvious they will try make it as best as possible just to make more money because good game = more sales = more money. Preorders mean nothing. Its still can be a hit or miss because you cant be sure you will hit the player expectations.

    Like seriously how delusional you can be to think game devs are not trying to make good game?
    Corporations discovered that its cheaper to pump money into marketing than dev studios for increased quarterly returns. They dont give a shit about the future other than milking the fresh release with microtransactions and working on another title to boost another quarter.

    Game devs MAY care about making the good game, but those are not financing the project.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    But if there will be no trading at all then the drop chance for items must be very high and this kills whole purpose of ARPGs for me when gear just rain from the sky like in Diablo 3. Trading can balance this so you can still get a drop but if you are unlucky you can always buy some piece.
    Once trading is ingame its the most effective way to get things and then your forcing players to do it because you cant get the items you want, just look at vanilla D3 for the average player it was impossible to get gear and evem enough gold to keep up with repairs, unless your were lucky you were never getting anywhere, diablo should remain the more casual ARPG, PoE fill the roll of the more hardcore game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The biggest problem that worries me is that they are bringing back the ability to trade powerful items, but due to the bad press from D3 they are not bringing back the RMAH.

    This is an obvious major mistake as for a healthily game the existence of the former mandates the existence of the the latter, without it the economy will be dictated by third party item trading sites (most likely Chinese) which players will have no choice but to use if they don't want to be at a disadvantage.
    because this is what happened in PoE... oh wait.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Once trading is ingame its the most effective way to get things and then your forcing players to do it because you cant get the items you want, just look at vanilla D3 for the average player it was impossible to get gear and evem enough gold to keep up with repairs, unless your were lucky you were never getting anywhere, diablo should remain the more casual ARPG, PoE fill the roll of the more hardcore game.
    why should diablo be more casual? i dont see any basis for this reasoning, other than d3 was bad.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    why should diablo be more casual? i dont see any basis for this reasoning, other than d3 was bad.
    Trading is just a bad system as it is never done right and your forced into doing it, diablo is the more casual game where you can get to the endgame fairly fast where as in PoE it takes much longer to get anywhere. Diablo 3 is the most successful ARPG ever made, the AH system never worked in diablo 3 it was terrible.

    Having trading in a game means its balanced around that system, if gear drops too little your forced to use trading, if it drops too much the system is pointless so its a lose lose everytime. Diablo 4 needs to be balanced around getting gear yourself without the need to trade but if you play with others then you can trade things.
    Last edited by kenn9530; Yesterday at 03:18 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Trading is just a bad system as it is never done right and your forced into doing it, diablo is the more casual game where you can get to the endgame fairly fast where as in PoE it takes much longer to get anywhere. Diablo 3 is the most successful ARPG ever made, the AH system never worked in diablo 3 it was terrible.

    Having trading in a game means its balanced around that system, if gear drops too little your forced to use trading, if it drops too much the system is pointless so its a lose lose everytime. Diablo 4 needs to be balanced around getting gear yourself without the need to trade but if you play with others then you can trade things.
    But its only your opinion and not a fact. I think at this point PoE is more successfull than D3. Alot of people enjoy trading. I would even say I enjoyed Diablo 3 much more at release with RMAH than after all those changes. Thats why I had alot more hours played before paragon levels were added.

    Trading does not make the game hardcore.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No they have nit tonthis point specified what tier of items fall under each category. It is quite possible that only mythic items are non tradeable. But I feel sets and legendaries and above will be non tradeable. Yellows tradeable once. But we will still have to see.

    Currently they have, ir have discussed the legendary consumable. I have high doubts it will make it going forward considering the sheer amount if negativity I have seen all around it considering it is considered just a bandaid on the larger itemization issue. Considering it was not in at Blizzcon then added, and I've seen more backlash about that than the initial reveal if itemization, I'll bet it's not in the game.

    But they did not say what falls under what classification yet.
    Ok. I missed the whole backlash about the legendary consubìmable though. I think it's a very good idea tbh, it's not like you'll drop thousands of them and makes gearing up way more interesting imho.

    Though i still think skillsets, talent trees and items in general are still WAAAAAAYYY too simplistic and streamlined. Right now, i don't see it very much different from what D3 was. I mean, you don't have customization. You just have "if i want to use X skill, i need Y legendary and need to spend points on these talents". And there's not much choice.

    Example, the Wizard, you have the elemental spells, the talents are divided by damage category. It's pretty much on rails.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •