Page 1 of 2
LastLast

‘Sickening:’ 15-Year-Old NYC Girl Beaten, Robbed in Vicious Teen Mob Street Attack

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ttack/2315066/

Authorities are looking for a group of young people who viciously attacked a 15-year-old girl in Brooklyn, chasing her, beating her on the sidewalk and ripping off her sneakers and phone before running off.

The girl was taken to a hospital in stable condition following the disturbing attack on Utica Avenue in Crown Heights Thursday.

Jarring surveillance video shows the moment the group of at least a half-dozen young people catch up to the girl. One shoves her to the ground; other suspects run up to her as she holds herself in a ball on the ground. Another six or so young people then run up and start stomping on the girl while she's on the ground. They kick her; they punch her.

At some points, you can't even see the victim because she is swarmed by attackers. They stole her debit card in addition to shoes and phone, the NYPD says.

A commanding officer with NYPD Brooklyn North described the attack in a tweet as an "OUTRAGE" and called the behavior seen on surveillance video intolerable.
    Hopefully everyone is charged as an adult.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad. And while this can happen just about anywhere, I am not surprised at all it happened in NYC.

It should be legal for those under the legal age to carry a firearm, to carry some type of self defense tool. Such as pepper spray. A young girl alone, does not stand a chance against several guys of defending herself without some help.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Pretty awful, I hope the attackers are caught and convicted... but other than that...I'm not sure what there is to discuss here.

Hrmmm a certain ethnicity seems overly represented here. And like wut...like 15+ people to rob one little girl. What's going on up there

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sad. And while this can happen just about anywhere, I am not surprised at all it happened in NYC.

It should be legal for those under the legal age to carry a firearm, to carry some type of self defense tool. Such as pepper spray. A young girl alone, does not stand a chance against several guys of defending herself without some help.
    You really think pepper spray would help in that situation? Did you watch the video? That isn't just "several guys"...that's almost a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

No weapon would have saved her from that unfortunately, too many people to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You really think pepper spray would help in that situation? Did you watch the video? That isn't just "several guys"...that's almost a dozen.
    I counted 18 involved.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Hopefully everyone is charged as an adult.
    Weird take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I counted 18 involved.
    Yeah, maybe. I was trying to count the ones directly kicking and punching. It's hard to see it all. Some were on the outside of that huddle. It could be some of them were trying to pull people away or it could be they were just looking for an opening to get some kicks in. There was at least one guy in a white shirt that seemed to be trying to pull people back...but the first video cuts away shortly after he shows up...so it's unclear what his motives were. Could be to help, could be to hurt.

Regardless, Pepper spray would not have helped.

I do wonder what the motivation for that beat-down was though. Some of the attackers come in from different directions. It could be they were hunting for her specifically for some reason. I find it hard to believe that any motive would justify that kind of vicious attack though.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Weird take.
    How so? Most of them appear to be under 18 years of age, and I would hope they get hit with more than a slap on the wrist for head stomping.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    How so? Most of them appear to be under 18 years of age, and I would hope they get hit with more than a slap on the wrist for head stomping.
    Because to have laws saying you try minors differently to adults but then arbitrarily disregard them is weird.

Which, while I'm not saying *you* have done, happens pretty much any time the crime committed is more extreme, eg. 13 year old kills someone "Try them as an adult!" etc.

It's just a weird take. Unless you fundamentally disagree with treating children differently to adults, which is a whole different case of "weird take". That said, justice isn't a uniform concept, so you do you, by all means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder what the motivation for that beat-down was though. Some of the attackers come in from different directions. It could be they were hunting for her specifically for some reason. I find it hard to believe that any motive would justify that kind of vicious attack though.
    Good question. It is the hood, so it could be something that we wouldn't really consider worth that level of aggression.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Yeah, maybe. I was trying to count the ones directly kicking and punching. It's hard to see it all. Some were on the outside of that huddle. It could be some of them were trying to pull people away or it could be they were just looking for an opening to get some kicks in. There was at least one guy in a white shirt that seemed to be trying to pull people back...but the first video cuts away shortly after he shows up...so it's unclear what his motives were. Could be to help, could be to hurt.

Regardless, Pepper spray would not have helped.

Likely some weird race thing. They were told white people are the reason why they are not successful so they went for some revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Good question. It is the hood, so it could be something that we wouldn't really consider worth that level of aggression.
    That's the big problem. Way too many "could be" things in the situation.

Could be some were trying to help.
    Could be some were just trying to get their kicks in

Could be they were hunting for her specifically
    Could be people just decided to jump in on the "fun"

Could be they had some understandable (though not excusable) reason for attacking her.
    Could be she was just walking around that neighbourhood flashing the wrong colours or something along those lines.

Police are gonna need to catch some of those boys and interview the victim to get a better idea what really was happening there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Likely some weird race thing. They were told white people are the reason why they are not successful so they went for some revenge.
    Pretty wild speculation at this point. Neither the video or the article identify the victim as being white.

I'd like to know what happened prior to the attack.

Yes, it matters.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

7+ Year Old Account
    Part and parcel of living in multicultural society.

Humans are predators, we will prey upon those they see as weak, and take pleasure in it. Best learn that lesson early and do your best to survive in this world of might makes right.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

That's the big problem. Way too many "could be" things in the situation.

Could be some were trying to help.
    Could be some were just trying to get their kicks in

Could be they were hunting for her specifically
    Could be people just decided to jump in on the "fun"

Could be they had some understandable (though not excusable) reason for attacking her.
    Could be she was just walking around that neighbourhood flashing the wrong colours or something along those lines.

Police are gonna need to catch some of those boys and interview the victim to get a better idea what really was happening there.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty wild speculation at this point. Neither the video or the article identify the victim as being white.
    Isn't all that wild... I mean "white" in the most general sense. It's just one group attacking another for being different. I could be wrong but that seems the most obvious reason. You can see the victims hands in the video and unless this was just a random attack it's the only reason that presents itself to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Isn't all that wild... I mean "white" in the most general sense. It's just one group attacking another for being different. I could be wrong but that seems the most obvious reason. You can see the victims hands in the video and unless this was just a random attack it's the only reason that presents itself to me.
    by the time we know if it is or not this thread will be locked.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    by the time we know if it is or not this thread will be locked.
    I suppose so? I mean I'm not supporting the reasoning behind the attack it is just all that stands out. The victim isn't dress as though they have more money. I just look for what is different about the victim and the mob and that is what stands out. Given that these are children I expect their reasoning to be childish.