Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink Best looking race for Hunter

Hi all,

I am rolling alliance hunter as an alt and would like to here your advice, pick which race is the best overall in terms of animation, weapon (bow/crossbow/gun) cast, xmog in your opinion? Remember I am alliance and I dont have any single horde toons. Thank you much appreciated.

Best? Thats up to your preferences, i prefer male dwarves because of their stocky frames and how they hold bows and guns.

Female dwarf

Really depends on what you hold above all else as they are all OK.

I know it doesn't help, but I'd recommend just making one of each race and picking the one you like most.

I prefer Night Elves personally.

That all depends on the vibe you want.

If you’re looking to be an archer-Night Elf/Void Elf

If you’re going with rifles-Dwarves

If technology is more your thing-Gnome

Almost any Hunter race can fit a respective theme, so you should narrow it down to your desired vibe when choosing.

Dwarf for sure although not all sets look good on dwarfs.

If you end up liking dwarves, and if you have access to Dark Irons, I'd go with that. They get a cool unique pet and the Mole Machine talent gives you some nice portals. Plus your hair is on fire.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senju View Post
    Hi all,

I am rolling alliance hunter as an alt and would like to here your advice, pick which race is the best overall in terms of animation, weapon (bow/crossbow/gun) cast, xmog in your opinion? Remember I am alliance and I dont have any single horde toons. Thank you much appreciated.
    Dwarf or Draenei imo. The iconic "archer" race, aka NEs, looks terrible for anything that isn't melee
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Female nelf, of course. Perfect range-stance with bows, nice half-crouch with guns. The rare melee attack(survival... /puke) looks decent also.

No on draenei. I mean, they have that cool flip action with crossbows sometimes, but that's it. Xmog looks like garbage on them.

Dwarves....LOL! I mean, they're not awful, but they're also not great either. Decent if you only use guns maybe.

Gnomes...I mean...you're playing a gnome, so you clearly don't care about how you look in the first place. So you wouldn't be making this thread if that was an option.

Human: Meh...so plain it hurts.

Kul'Tiran: I actually have no idea about their animations for hunter, now that I think about it. Xmog is reasonably mediocre.

Void Elf: They're alright, but they also look strange to me, personally. Wouldn't be my first choice. Wear a helmet Xmog and they're good.

Worgen: Acceptable if you're a furry or something, I guess. Otherwise their animations are some of the worst in the game. No helmets fit them.

Panda: Meh, like humans. Nothing stands out about it.

Little gnome hunter preying on tauren in the savanah.

I roleplay like that in mulgore all the time. I even organize turist trips.

7+ Year Old Account
    in horde Orcs as Beastmaster wish a spiked bow, Troll as MM, and both as survival

Goblin MM work very well with guns taurens survival with spears

Alliance in my eyes, Worgens as survival and crossbow users and dwarves as gun users

Fuck elves and their legolas complex

Night elves would look great with that marksman spec bow. Maybe a dwarf if you went for the beast mastery gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Humans on alliance. The rest of the races have too many clipping issues with the armor sets because blizzard just sloppily stretches them onto every other race but they are designed on a base human model.

I have a Survival Tauren that looks pretty bad ass when he harpoons himself into targets and then starts spearing the shit out of them until they die. Like everyone said, depends on your personal preference. My 120 Hunter is a Nightborne and there's an elegance to the character that I feel only works as a Beastmaster; an archer from the distance. I also have a human Hunter because humans look good in every set, it's like armor is tailor made for them because it hardly clips, they're proportionate, don't have over-sized heads or limbs and no hunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Humans on alliance. The rest of the races have too many clipping issues with the armor sets because blizzard just sloppily stretches them onto every other race but they are designed on a base human model.
    This guy knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Female nelf
    This is important. I remember the Male NE bow animation being some ghetto-fabulous monstrosity. I assume this is still the case.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Depends on what you want and what kind of transmog you are going to do.

For the numerous feral/bodypart transmogs that hunters and shamans have I'd say Dwarves and Worgen fit wearing those more than any other race. Human maybe works as well but behind the other two.

For standard alliance stuff. Dwarves/humans for guns, Night Elves/Void Elves for bows.

Tech and tech pets. Gnome and Mechagnome.

Dwarf or Draenei, both look awesome, but nothing is more sexy than a draenei, nothing comes even close.

Male Draenei. Use Crossbow / gun. Everytime they shoot, they spin the gun around as their reload animation. It's glorious. They can also make great transmogs because of their physique.

Dwarfs for sure! Nearly every tier set looks amazing on a dwarf frame.