Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    At least then they might focus more on making a good story and maybe more (better) movies. It's one hell of an IP to have.
    Imagine a Warcraft series made for Disney+, a competitor to the Witcher series on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I would think that Disney owning Blizzard would be a positive for the players though. They seem to care about quality at Disney and that is something lacking these days.
    Disney does not release anything with quality from the writing abilities to most of their workers to the animations of some of their shows so the only way that this would be OK is if blizzard was 100% the same company as it is now but given more freedom under the new management with absolutely no changes in the staffing for the company it’s self

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Disney caring about quality"
    As others have said... this phrase... brings me to chuckles...

I thought they were joking for a second because are used to like Star Wars

The marvel comics used to be pretty cool without preachy agendas

But the thought of an animated world craft series does have my attention

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    I work at an investment banking related firm and we receive certain "special reports" type of newsletters and today's issue was specially interesting because it mentioned that disney is suddenly very interested in buying out blizzard from activision. Mind you this is one step behind the companies going into actual talks, this is just disney going through m&a consultancy firms with certain inquiries.
    There has been buzz about this for close to a year. Nothing solid, just rumor. I think it would be a bad move for players and probably Blizzard itself. They would go from a critical piece of Activision's business to just a drop-in-the-bucket division at Disney. Think about that for a minute and tell me that would likely end well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

While i doubt this is true. It wouldn't surprise me if we see Disney start to buy video game companies. They themselves have admitted its never been thier strong point and with all that Star Wars EA controversy they might want to stop relaying on third parties

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA. Oh wait, you're serious. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Disney cares about quality. Oh boy that's rich.
    Not quality but the appearance of quality atleast.

They care about they're brands being seen to be cared for etc like with star wars detours a finished star Wars sketch show that never made it to air despite being finished apparently because Disney didnt wanna make jokes at star wars expense
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-03-07 at 08:15 AM.

I'll take "Things that never happened" for 500.

Whatever the outcome, you are still going to end up with a limp.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at "I work".

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    because Disney didnt wanna make jokes at star wars expense
    They made several feature length ones.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They made several feature length ones.
    Yeah but not intentionally

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    No, they couldn't, that's not how it works for a publicly-traded company comprised of equal partners. Even though I said "in short", I still expected you to read the rest of the post.
    And you should learn how economy works: Activision and blizzard were 100% a subsidary of VIVENDI. They bought themself out. And yes, this works also with publicly traded companies too. It's just a vote from the board and maybe from everyone who has common stocks for it, but yes, it's possible. ATVI is the mother-company of activision and blizzard, if they want they can simply sell it. If the money is high enough, why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Disney can’t “buy” Blizzard from Activision. Blizzard -is- Activision. They’re the same company.
    Wrong: Blizzard is a subsidary from ATVI. ATVI is the mother company from Activision AND Blizzard. And yes, it's possible to buy out the subsidary, even if they are interlinked from ATVI.

There is a reason why Google is now the daughter-company of Alphabet. So that they can more easily buy and sell parts of the company. So yes, buying out Blizzard from ATVI is easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Disney can’t “buy” Blizzard from Activision. Blizzard -is- Activision. They’re the same company.
    While this rumor seems a bit dubious, corporations sell parts of themselves all the time, especially parts that are seen as underperforming or declining.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

yes its interesting fresh rumor can any body agreed

No thx, Disney has been managing IPs worse than Acti recently.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Mickey mouse allied race confirmed?

OT: On actual serious highly doubt Activision would let Blizzard go.
    Blizzard doesn't have many profitable IPs tbh.

It's really just WoW and OW. Hearthstone in a freefall, HoTS dead, SC dead, Diablo not profitable.

maybe we could get Blizz world for real in disney parks :P
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming this is true, I wouldn't take this as a good thing. The mouse has a disdain for wasteful spending and particularly in the video game industry. Just look at how many projects they killed when Lucas Arts merged with Disney. This could be worse for Blizzard down the line, I feel this is one of those "stick with the devil you know" situations. Also, I find it hilarious anyone thinks Disney cares about quality.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And you should learn how economy works: Activision and blizzard were 100% a subsidary of VIVENDI. They bought themself out. And yes, this works also with publicly traded companies too. It's just a vote from the board and maybe from everyone who has common stocks for it, but yes, it's possible. ATVI is the mother-company of activision and blizzard, if they want they can simply sell it. If the money is high enough, why not.
    If you had read the post, you'd have noticed that it's because ATVI likely won't sell Blizzard in any way that's actually useful to Disney.

Don't tell others to learn economy when you can't even be arsed to read their economy based arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I would think that Disney owning Blizzard would be a positive for the players though.
    They seem to care about quality at Disney and that is something lacking these days.
    you are JOKING, right? right?.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The marvel comics used to be pretty cool without preachy agendas
    Can we ignore the fact that you ignore the fact that comics always have been political vocal and stay on topic? tia.

Hahaha awesome joke, people are anti Activision and belive Disney would save Blizzard.

I'd probably prefer Disney over Activision to have more of a chance to see more Warcraft movies/shows and possibly getting their own Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland. They don't exactly have a good track record of how they handled Star Wars though, other than Rogue One and the Mandalorian they have all been shit.

Now I have this crazy thought of all the Disney-esque music songs the characters would sing in a Warcraft movie. Imagine Arthas singing his transition to DK with some silly jazz music in the background.