Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Would you think a man assaulting a store owner, stealing smokes then trying to take a cop's gun off him would have the public's support?

People are rather easy to manipulate and once tricked they will fight to and nail to defend their fantasy.
    I agree. Right now it's plain to see that you are fighting tooth and nail to defend YOUR fantasy.

No one is defending these boys actions.
    No one would criticize a police officer that tried to intervene to help the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I'm not justifying the assault. I just think it's unlikely a group of youth males would chase down a girl and beat her down in broad daylight on a busy street unprovoked.
    "Dude, that biotch's got ballin' shoes... lets get em' and sell em'!"

Violent Motive =/= external provoking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    i highly doubt if she attacked them first, she would get to strike all 15 or 16 guys before being struck back by a gang that assaulted her like that.
    Exactly

Now, I could see something like she's a sister of a rival gang-member or something.

The worst-case scenario I can see here is that she maybe beat-up or even merely "dissed" a girlfirend of one of theirs or something.. but certainly nothing justifying this level of aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

Violent Motive =/= external provoking
    I highly doubt that was the motive but okay.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Probably because they would have jumped on them too. This is gang mentality at work. And the root of the issue goes back to their home environment. Too many are being raised in broken homes with no good guidance. If they find out who the suspects are, they should be tried and sent to a boot camp environment type detention center. Work their asses off.

This victim was too young to have a effective tool for self defense. Situational awareness is a very important part of self defense however. Avoiding some situations is vital.
    boot camp would be better than beating by parents. I agree!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    No it does not, but please tell me what she could of done that deserves having 10+ people head stomp your head with their feet. Remember this a 15 year old girl.
    AND getting robbed/shoes taken. It's a horrific video!! Started with a few boys then more just ran up and joined. I've never seen anything like this..
    I hope these kids sent to a boot camp and punished to the full extent possible for their age.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I highly doubt that was the motive but okay.
    That obviously wasn't my point... my point is you don't need to be externally provoked by the victim to result in something like this.

Having watched the video, I agree that they clearly were targeting her for a reason - but that reason doesn't only have to be something she herself directly did to them - let alone resulting in this level of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    boot camp would be better than beating by parents. I agree!

- - - Updated - - -

AND getting robbed/shoes taken. It's a horrific video!! Started with a few boys then more just ran up and joined. I've never seen anything like this..
    I hope these kids sent to a boot camp and punished to the full extent possible for their age.
    You’ve never seen anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Bunch of cowardly scumbags, hope they make a mistake and attempt to attack one of those armed stand your ground types.
    it reminds me of something that happened years ago outside a US naval base. A group of thugs attacked a few *on leave* military guys coming out of a bar. The thugs got broken ribs, ton of bruises and a few got put in ER.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/5-teen...year-old-girl/

Looks like 5 turned themselves in so far. Police believe it was retaliation for a fight earlier that day that the victim was involved in.

As to charges so far..

All five boys — ranging in age from 14 to 17 years old — were charged with robbery and gang assault, cops said.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Pack mentality and, if it was an actual gang, chances are she was probably involved in it. Here in Ireland, a gang shoved a woman inside a duffelbag and beat her with hammers, all because she stole like £100 off the gang. The woman was one of the gang members' girlfriend, too.

Gang mentality is essentially its us vs the world. They're no better than people like ISIS. They will kill you in cold blood and think nothing of it - thats why murdering random people is often an initiation right. Pack mentality on top of this is even more lethal. You're already 'the other' by not being in the gang and then it becomes a sport of not wanting to appear weak or against the gang, so gang killings in particular become extremely brutal.

Another one in Ireland - think he was 16 years old or so, he threw a petrol bomb, might've been a pipe bomb, at a rival gang members' granny's house. No one was hurt. The rival gang then got him, chopped off both his arms, both his legs and his head. IIRC they then placed the various body parts at specific areas, like outside the parents' house and burned out his car etc.

This woman, i would be EXTREMELY surprised to hear that this woman was just a random person. More likely, she was in with this gang then tried to leave, or cheated with a rival gang member, or whatever.

Doesn't excuse it, of course, just trying to say why it might've happened.
    That's most likely the story..or something similar. They could have been tipped off about where she would be or the general area. For all we know, they planned this and were looking for her. Then pounced on her en masse after knowing where she was. I also don't see this as some random beating. Some gangs take things seriously, leaving..stealing..etc There is more to the story but that girl didn't deserve anything near what happened. T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post

Looks like 5 turned themselves in so far. Police believe it was retaliation for a fight earlier that day that the victim was involved in.

As to charges so far..
    So there was more to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So there was more to it...
    Yes, when it comes to human actions and the reasons for which they are done, there is always something more. Why i've been waiting for more info on this story and am pleasantly surprised to find the thread still open so i can share.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There is no effective tool for self defense when you are jumped by a dozen+ people.
    Sure there is. She wasn't jumped by a dozen all at once. Once the others realized she was prepared to defend herself, the situation can change rapidly. No tool however, is 100% effective. But in this case, it is mute, as she was under the legal limit for some tools.

And it happening where it did, even if she was the legal age, means unless she broke the law, odds are, she wouldn't be able to be prepared if she wanted to.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-08 at 12:31 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Beating up someone and stealing their shoes isn't that rare. Even in places like North Chicago *a suburb about an hour away from Chicago* If you're walking around in a pair of Jordans or any high name brand shoes, there is a chance you'll get beat up and have them taken from you. That's been happening for a LONG time.

- - - Updated - - -

As to charges so far..
    Thanks for this btw. I knew there had to be something tied to this beating.

Yes, when it comes to human actions and the reasons for which they are done, there is always something more. Why i've been waiting for more info on this story and am pleasantly surprised to find the thread still open so i can share.
    Well the girl beat up another girl and these boys beat her up. Why are the boys facing gang charges though? Is there an established gang they’re apart of or is this just assumption and trumped up charges?

Most mob attacks don’t involve people who look terribly unsatisfied so that’s an interesting observation.

Hoping for prison revenge isn’t justice by the way.
    Yes, that's one of the reasons mob attacks are disgusting. Suddenly people feel like it's warranted to stomp someone on the ground just because there's enough feet on the girl's face.

I didn't say anything about justice but I'm sure you know all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes, that's one of the reasons mob attacks are disgusting. Suddenly people feel like it's warranted to stomp someone on the ground just because there's enough feet on the girl's face.

I didn't say anything about justice but I'm sure you know all about it.
    It's an upsetting thing to see, but I don't really focus on the elated feelings they may have had since that isn't a very unbiased way to view things. Especially when you know the issues surrounding mob mentality. People lose themselves and greatly increase their capacity for evil.

I'm for justice, not revenge.

Well the girl beat up another girl and these boys beat her up. Why are the boys facing gang charges though? Is there an established gang they’re apart of or is this just assumption and trumped up charges?
    Wondering if it is because it was a giant group of people attacking, I have not looked at the laws but they might classify that as a gang assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Wondering if it is because it was a giant group of people attacking, I have not looked at the laws but they might classify that as a gang assault.
    That wouldn't really fit the spirit of the law if that's the case.

This seems rather simple to me... juveniles... charge as such. With the brunt of the punishment going to organizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sure there is. She wasn't jumped by a dozen all at once. Once the others realized she was prepared to defend herself, the situation can change rapidly. No tool however, is 100% effective. But in this case, it is mute, as she was under the legal limit for some tools.

And it happening where it did, even if she was the legal age, means unless she broke the law, odds are, she wouldn't be able to be prepared if she wanted to.
    Yeah, no. If she had tried to bring out pepper spray or something in that situation...it just would have been used against her. Pepper spray will hold off maybe 2-3 attackers.

Aww, its just teens being teens. We get told repeatedly that youth aren’t responsible for their own actions. Just ask them to say theyre sorry and everything will be fine.