Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If there's a world revamp in the future

What changes would you love to see in the world revamp?

Personally, I'd love to see the capitals get bigger. Think 3 times as big Stormwind. Similar to Suramar.
    Also, belf and draenei zones non-instanced in the world with updated graphics and stories.

Would love to see Gilneas as a proper city faction hub
    Would like to see more impact from our adventures, i.e more Allied Races in capitals and having an impact on areas
    Definitely love to see a non instanced version of Draenei and Blood Elf zones brought into the present as the last bastions of their factions on each continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    What changes would you love to see in the world revamp?

Personally, I'd love to see the capitals get bigger. Think 3 times as big Stormwind. Similar to Suramar.
    Also, belf and draenei zones non-instanced in the world with updated graphics and stories.
    They could do with expanding Stormwind and Org I think. Maybe not to the size of Suramar etc but they could space it out a bit more (as it feels a bit cramped in some places). I think adding the Draenor and BE zones to the world map properly would be nice too.

Personally I don't want them to revamp the old world unless there is a reason to like they did with uldum and vale. Revamping for revamp sake is what made cata so meh. They spent so much time on content people only see for 1 day tops of their entire playtime in the game's lifetime is a waste.

More towns. Make places like Goldshire bigger. Gadgetzan like in Hearthstone. Reunite the 7 Human Nations, give them capital cities. Reclaim Alterac as a Nation, with a big winter-y stronghold Capital. Put Dalaran's fat ass back in her crater. Reclaim Lordaeron, give Gilneas back as a capital. Make Stromgarde a quest hub. Genocide the trolls in northern Darkshore and plant a new Night Elf capital there. Delete Desolace and fill it in with more Mulgore (best zone), also give Mulgore/Tauren to the Alliance. Put a big Goblin-designed dam to wall off the ocean from Thousand Needles. Drain the Thousand Needles. Goblins can keep it (neutral Gobbos, not Horde). Fix Northern EK, put Belf area into the world/connect it. Add a port to Stratholme (as seen in WC3 Reforged).

In fact just do this to that whole unused area in the north:

Also, nuke Orgrimmar.

I have thought about it for a while.
    Instead of doing a world revamp, I think that its better if they just make WoW 2.

- Quel'Thalas and the draenei islands part of the world
    - Open up Northern Lordaeron as a new zone and update the outdoor Stratholme to give it a harbor, like the one in Warcraft 3: Reforged
    - Update graphics for most trees, flora and skyboxes who all desperately need it
    - Integrate all allied races into the world who make their own settlements and bases all tied into new quests
    - The ruins of Teldrassil should be a new zone to explore
    - Undercity updated to see it completely destroyed, but your still able to visit the old version
    - Fix most of Deathwings damage like the volcano in Ashenvale, keep the Cata zones in their own phase
    - Update every story in their respective zones, don't go overboard with the parodies this time
    - The Lost Isles and Kezan from the goblin starting experience should be revisitable, who have somehow survived Deathwings and the volcanos destruction
    - Gilneas should have a story progression, either make Gilneas City a new capital or a huge outdoor world PvP zone
    - The world has supposedly suffered from both the Burning Legion and the Old God's forces, show some of that impact with possibly leads to new stories

Plaguelands and Stratholme fully cleansed (Stratholme dungeon entrances become talking to chromie) Lordaeron becoming a human city again. Gilneas becoming a proper zone/city. Resore all the human kingdoms that still have their leaders alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I have thought about it for a while.
    Instead of doing a world revamp, I think that its better if they just make WoW 2.
    There's zero reason to make "WoW 2", it would just split the community and waste resources.

We don't really need a complete world revamp to have Gilneas and Lordaeron/Stratholme re-built properly anymore thanks to phasing tech. Blizzard just needs to stop being lazy and start looking at these things one at a time to update the world gradually. A Cataclysm-level revamp seems unlikely since it appears they felt it was a lot of work with diminishing returns--in a couple of expansions, the world's story was quickly out of date again. Plus, from a technical stand point, everything is already up to date. The whole world is made for flying and fully 3D. The architecture and graphics hold up decently, things like water continually get independent upgrades. They just need to update certain zones, stories and quests to bring it up to snuff and we'd be good, but a complete update like Cataclysm again seems unnecessary due to how many resources they would spend on it, likely sacrificing end game content because of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    Plaguelands and Stratholme fully cleansed (Stratholme dungeon entrances become talking to chromie) Lordaeron becoming a human city again. Gilneas becoming a proper zone/city. Resore all the human kingdoms that still have their leaders alive.
    I'd love that. Lordaeron with modern tech. *drools*

__ __ __

Also, guys, this thread is about what you want to see if there is a world revamp... not "do you want a world revamp".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    - The world has supposedly suffered from both the Burning Legion and the Old God's forces, show some of that impact with possibly leads to new stories
    I guess the sword in Silithus is a nod in that direction. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i wish the world wasnt as big as it is, since it can be an almost impossible task to update every zone at once.. but, what i would like to see is a team of developers that their only job is to go back and update zones during each patch.. show the changes that would have occurred in different zones even if the main story wasnt focused there. damage suffered in Org.. or SW? at some point you would think they would have rebuilt.. or even changed out layouts of sections entirely.

other zones where fights for resources or land take place.. show some advancement in that progress. every patch should have minor and major changes in zones, maybe even change footholds entirely in some areas.

but the problem is players fall in love with something and any tiny change to it is the worst, and the hate and anger spews forth. i just wish events and changes could be both good and bad.. win some - lose some and re win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The Cata main storeline is dated. Maybe expansion 10.0 will see another revamp like Cata, to reconnect all events that happened in the zone after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you said, I would love to see the scale of the main cities expanded beyond their initial scope. In my wildest dreams, I imagine a Stormwind City the size of Novigrad from The Witcher 3. But that's probably not feasible for an MMORPG with stricter time constraints, especially one run by a small indie company like Activision Blizzard.

In addition to that, I would like to see the graphical fidelity of the old zones brought up to modern standards with entirely new assets and storylines. In regards to the storylines, I think it's important to design them in a way where they're not limited by the plot of the current expansion, but rather focus on individual issues that are completely separate from whatever the larger threat is. In this way, they wouldn't immediately feel outdated once the next expansion rolls out.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    As you said, I would love to see the scale of the main cities expanded beyond their initial scope. In my wildest dreams, I imagine a Stormwind City the size of Novigrad from The Witcher 3. But that's probably not feasible for an MMORPG with stricter time constraints, especially one run by a small indie company like Activision Blizzard.

In addition to that, I would like to see the graphical fidelity of the old zones brought up to modern standards with entirely new assets and storylines. In regards to the storylines, I think it's important to design them in a way where they're not limited by the plot of the current expansion, but rather focus on individual issues that are completely separate from whatever the larger threat is. In this way, they wouldn't immediately feel outdated once the next expansion rolls out.
    It would be cool to see the entire world to a 1:1 scale of what it should be. Only thing with that, so much wasted space and would take so long to travel anywhere.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    probably next expension after shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    It would be cool to see the entire world to a 1:1 scale of what it should be. Only thing with that, so much wasted space and would take so long to travel anywhere.
    That would be cool for sure. I don't think having a lot of empty space would be a waste. Honestly, while the newer zones look graphically more pleasing, they can feel a bit cramped because they're designed so that every nook and cranny serves some kind of a gameplay or story purpose. Sometimes having empty space between points of interest can actually make the world feel more immersive.

7+ Year Old Account
    These are the things I would like to see:
    -Thunder Bluff updated
    -Gilneas becoming a capital for the Worgen
    -Bloodmyst Isles and the Bloodelf zones becoming part of Eastern Kingdoms and no longer just on the Outland servers
    -Ashenvale updated to post-cata conditions ie remove the volcano and other nonsensical things
    -Old tree and plant models updated
    -Mountain ranges updated to actually look like mountains and not just rounded mounds of dirt
    -Just better terrain in general
    -New skyboxes and clouds. The vanilla ones are soooo dated. MoP-quality skyboxes would make me so happy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That would be cool for sure. I don't think having a lot of empty space would be a waste. Honestly, while the newer zones look graphically more pleasing, they can feel a bit cramped because they're designed so that every nook and cranny serves some kind of a gameplay or story purpose. Sometimes having empty space between points of interest can actually make the world feel more immersive.
    I fully agree with this. I have found the newer zones to feel very unimmersive due to this. Jade Forest is a good example of a large zone done well. It feels lived in due to its size.

5+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like to see in a hypothetical world revamp:

• Bigger cities. Ironforge or Silvermoon look so lame when compared to e.g. Boralus or Suramar.
    • Speaking of Silvermoon, integrate the BE/Draenei starting zones and capitals into the EK/Kalimdor servers respectively.
    • Bring the EK/Kalimdor zones' visuals up to at least WoD-tier of quality. Trudging through e.g. Loch Modan or Hillsbrad makes my eyes !@#&ing bleed.
    • Zones should really be less cluttered with quests. There is nothing wrong with wide, expansive zones with several unused spots. It would help a lot with immersion by making the zones in question more believable. For example, making a zone with a layout as obnoxious as Zuldazar, and then filling every nook and cranny with quest objectives completely ruins it. I get it, WoW was always the "theme park" MMO - but it doesn't need to be THIS blatant.
    • Delete all those annoying and completely OOC whirlwinds, volcanoes and lava chasms from the old world. They really feel like "socketed" into the map, and being so tied to Cata's storyline, have aged very badly. The Shattering took place 10 years ago already, and DW is dead for good - the world should have healed quite a bit since then.
    • The last Legion invasion took place on a worldwide scale afaik, ditto for this so-called Fourth War. We should be able to see the aftermath of both events somewhere.
    • Last but not least, give DS trolls/gnomes/nelfs/forsaken a proper capital city. My favourites would be Eldre'thalas for NEs and Stratholme for forsaken. Also do something with Gilneas (both the city and the zone), they are among the coolest assets in the game, but they remain criminally underused.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

If there's a revamp, I'd love for them to re-design Orgrimmar. They really could do a lot with adobe-brick style buildings, some more streams and greenery here and there.