Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But if they don't release the game on the date the Marketing Team decided on, it will lower their stock value!

You'll be a beta tester for Actiblizzion, and you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Cata - Bad
    MoP - Good
    WoD - Bad
    Legion - Good
    BFA - Bad
    Shadowlands - Good!

It's in the pattern
    MoP was okayish , it's specially bad at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    But we do know. We know subscriptions are substantially down from peak (Wrath). The clearly majority of people are unhappy with WoW.

We can argue whether the number of Retail subs is 1 million or 2 million or even 3 million, but that still leaves 9+ million people who are unhappy, left, and haven't returned.
    there are rumors that retail numbers are even lower than that , speacially with those statistics saying that wow lost 64% of the player base since wow classic release, and will get even worse because shadowlands will only be release in August-october so more 5 to 7 months of 8.3

so yeah this is not looking good for blizz right now

Quote Originally Posted by veurori View Post
    I was wondering whats the problem here. Blizzard should choose the playerbase. they are still talking about casual players and why they need random proc items to feel strong too but after that we still dont have essences on alts to support this ''casual play'' ideology. I think I will speak for everyone when Im saying that huge ilvl upgrade proc or corruption is not interesting for anyone. it makes stressful situations for solo players and for guilds too. I dont mind waiting for a year on new expansion just take everything properly and remove bad things. dont be scared to ask players in beta testing what they like and what they want. support class fantasy, you dont need to make 5 new abilities for every class to feel unique. give them new class mounts for hard content, give them something like T sets. just give us something interesting. We dont need new feature every patch to not be able to handle alts at the end of expansion. we just want good game and you know you can do it. you did it in a past. so please Blizzard be good again. Be the company who listened
    Actiblizzard: No. Also here´s a battlepass for only 10$ includes exclusive emote, a backpack and a hairstyle, cuz that shit´s on fire broooo!!

"make the game right" is very faulty idea
    if you ask 10 ppl you get 12 ideas how the game would be "right", now which of them is correct?
    and blizz dont have 10 people to satisfy they have hundreds of thousands, milions even, who should they ask what is "right"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    there are rumors that retail numbers are even lower than that , speacially with those statistics saying that wow lost 64% of the player base since wow classic release, and will get even worse because shadowlands will only be release in August-october so more 5 to 7 months of 8.3

so yeah this is not looking good for blizz right now
    "wow lost 64% of the player base"... i will not beat the dead horse by saying we dont know that as its info not from second but from at least 4th hand...
    but do we know how much of that is from classic? bcs that is the important part, a lot of classic players leaving was expected so we know a jack shit how the game is doing, be it reital or classic without numbers by blizzard, which we dont have...

I don't think time is the problem. It's the mindset.

Sadly, that will not happen, for a variety of reasons.
    Most importantly because "right" is not yours to define.

But more importantly, because they can not have years without releases.
    That's just how the game works.
    It gets better over a 2 year span, then gets worse for a few months.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

"Release when it's done" died a long time ago, corporate blizzard will release broken and unfinished products to fit into quarterly earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Your pattern is SEVERELY reversed, however. I guess some folks don't know good from bad.
    You saying WoD and BFA were good or what?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Not really, considering bfa shipped with issues found the first weeks in beta. They do not listen to playfeedback
    Beta doesn't exist for changing the design based on player feedback. That is not how software development works. The majority of the work is already done by the time beta is available. Beta is for fixing bugs and fine tuning features.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by veurori View Post
    is here someone who is happy with lags in nazjatar, corruption pay to win or essences forced on 1 character? I want to see that guy
    - Lags in Nazjatar are only during the battle, besides it's not like it was a fair battle to begin with.
    - There's no pay to win in corruption, you can do just fine without any, but since you get 2 corrupted part every week, it's quite easy to come by. Besides, buying the best BoE you can won't do shit, you'll just suck at the game as much as you did before.
    - I don't mind farming essences. It gives a sense of completion once you're done, and again, you don't even need R3 to be clear whatever the game throws at you but mythic.

I guess some folks don't know good from bad.
    Depends where you place your value. Let's say for the sake of argument there is someone who only cares about pet battles then MoP was probably their golden age since that's when pet battles came in then Legion and BFA with the pet battle dungeons probably make them both really great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    - Lags in Nazjatar are only during the battle
    Does that make it ok?

- There's no pay to win in corruption, you can do just fine without any
    "Doing just fine" and "winning" are different. You can do just fine in any game, p2w or not.

Besides, buying the best BoE you can won't do shit, you'll just suck at the game as much as you did before.
    What if they don't suck and only are limited by gear?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Such people don't exist. Method has been proving this over and over and over again. Should I remind you they clear mythic raids at ~10 ilvl lower than actual rewards from it? While scrubs having hard time while being the same or higher ilvl as the rewards? That didn't really change with corruption either.

Does that make it ok?

"Doing just fine" and "winning" are different. You can do just fine in any game, p2w or not.

Define winning. If it's "do the most DPS in the whole game", then I doubt they can relate. If it's clearing every possible content, then no, you don't need BiS corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Such people don't exist. Method has been proving this over and over and over again. Should I remind you they clear mythic raids at ~10 ilvl lower than actual rewards from it? While scrubs having hard time while being the same or higher ilvl as the rewards? That didn't really change with corruption either.
    I feel like those people probably exist. You don't think there's players out there who can play well, but don't have time to get gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Define winning. If it's "do the most DPS in the whole game", then I doubt they can relate. If it's clearing every possible content, then no, you don't need BiS corruption.
    Of course not, if corruption never existed all the content will still get cleared. It does exist however so Blizz has to deal with claims of p2w. I do just fine but I also don't do any group content I can define winning but I can't because "winning" is different for everyone. I would imagine that winning the world first race is "winning" to the people that say corruption is p2w.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-03-10 at 08:20 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

If blizz listened to the player base...

-There would be absolutely NO RNG..you just kill the boss and you always get loot and it will ALWAYS be what you want no matter what, you will always have 100% crit and your procs will always work no matter what
    -Somehow there will be both flying and no Flying
    -Every class will be OP and nerfed at the same time..lets face it if every class basically has only one ability and that one ability does 50 damage on average and its ranged..people will still say the class they aren't is OP and needs a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

-There would be absolutely NO RNG..you just kill the boss and you always get loot and it will ALWAYS be what you want no matter what, you will always have 100% crit and your procs will always work no matter what
    -Every class will be OP and nerfed at the same time..lets face it if every class basically has only one ability and that one ability does 50 damage on average and its ranged..people will still say the class they aren't is OP and needs a nerf
    I see no problems with anything you've said
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    The good thing is, they finally have the time to make it right. No class/race to eat up development time, hence it can all be devoted to righting all wrongs.

I want to stress one thing in particular - they have no valid excuses to fuck up this time. They are taking whole expansion to address the issues that are usually addressed through patches.

If they fail miserably and there will be more of the same, Ion should quit and stop ruining the game.
    So when SL comes and class design still sucks is anyone on this bandwagon going to admit they're wrong?

I feel like those people probably exist. You don't think there's players out there who can play well, but don't have time to get gear?
    Anyone who says they need gear to perform is simply a bad player. Yes, gear allows people to do more damage but being good is mostly about having a skill.

They were considerably better than Pandaria and Legion, both which had performance issues galore. I grade them based on performance, not necessarily story and amount of things to do. Legion was a rehashed story anyhow, and Pandaria was goofy-doofy fake Asia. Monks are great, but that was about all I enjoyed of it.
    Imagine having an opinion THIS wrong.

Oh they will make it right. Just for them and not for you :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

Its called flying. It gives you OPTION to fly. You can choose not to.

See, there is now both flying and no flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Anyone who says they need gear to perform is simply a bad player. Yes, gear allows people to do more damage but being good is mostly about having a skill.
    Yhym, tell that to pvp players. Since gear is such a non issue :P