Poll: How do you think they should handle Transmog in SL?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I'm for removing the restriction entirely (for the old expansions). Currently there can be two pieces that have the same appearance, one level 40 and one level 70. If you get the level 70 one, your characters under the level range for that item can't use the appearance even though a level 40 item for the appearance exists.

They should do the easiest thing and remove current restrictions and only impose the restrictions for the current expansion. Would probably require the least work to sort out.
    I agree. It would be the simplest way to solve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I reckon it'll stay staggered. The 10-50 "anywhere" only works, as I understand it, if you specifically activate "Chromie time", otherwise the world scales in proportion to how it current works. So I assume every ten levels you'd unlock a couple of expansion's mogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    (...critique of the game irrelevant to your previous points...)

I just want a more interactive way in order for the items to be transmogged, to give certain dead professions more to do.
    Inscription could deal with creating more diversity in transmogging, by allowing you to change the current gear, and not only transmog it into something you already have, but maybe even something with a different color, basing itself on the chest piece.
    Jewelcrafting could have a way to actually add jewels on your gear that would be visual.
    Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Engineering and Tailoring could all have their own distinct visual additions to the gear through crafting, giving them something to sell outside of useless junk.
    Heck, even give Alchemists the ability to give your character flasks of potions hanging on the belt, no matter what type of transmogged belt it is.

I want MORE visual customization to the game. Not less. And with that, by at least bringing more RPG elements into it by you maybe actually having to seek out the people making the stuff, rather than just buying it on AH all the bloody time.
    Yes, we know that the game is dumpster fire and it's basically dead. Now moving on to the issue we were discussing:

Those are some interesting ideas, but in your original post in this thread you literally said this:

Say, you have a full set from the first raid, you should not able to transmog out of it or into it until the next tier is released.

This is point blank a suggestion to stop people who are wearing current patch armor from being able to transmog it into something else. It's impossible to spin it into you being supportive of more flexibility. What kind of flexbility can there be if people are not allowed to transmog?

Maybe you completely changed your opinion on the matter between these posts, but pretending there is no contradiction here just makes it look funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So, hypothetical but possible situation: you're a player, new or not, levelling a character either through BfA content or another (I strongly doubt that even as a new player you won't be able to select a different path, even if it's not advertised)
    From a quest you get a shoulder item. It's an upgrade stat-wise, but also looks nice. A few levels later, you get another, better shoulder, but you don't like the look.
    You remember (hearing about) the transmog system, so you attempt to transmog into the previous shoulder, but it says you can't use that appearance until level 50.

There's definitely an inherent level requirement to unlock items from raids etc. but no need to retain that level requirement in subsequent characters. It's maybe even more effort to enforce this, instead of just setting every item from previous expansions to require level 1 or 10 to transmog.
    The current brackets even corroborate this: all items from e.g. WotLK require level 58 to transmog, instead of respective reqs of 70 to 80, even raid items which currently still require level 80 to unlock.
    Yeah, leveling gear might actually be available as a mog, that would make some sense. Or maybe they will remake all the leveling gear rewards in the first place, who knows?

The most important issue is probably the raid gear, and at the moment there is no reason to believe the requirements for those items will be removed.

Ultimately, we don't really know what will happen, but as in many such situations, there are still more likely, and less likely scenarios. Too many people assume what is more likely on their wishful thinking instead of the actual facts, which often makes them unhappy in the end, and they only have themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, we know that the game is dumpster fire and it's basically dead. Now moving on to the issue we were discussing:

Those are some interesting ideas, but in your original post in this thread you literally said this:

Say, you have a full set from the first raid, you should not able to transmog out of it or into it until the next tier is released.

This is point blank a suggestion to stop people who are wearing current patch armor from being able to transmog it into something else. It's impossible to spin it into you being supportive of more flexibility. What kind of flexbility can there be if people are not allowed to transmog?

Maybe you completely changed your opinion on the matter between these posts, but pretending there is no contradiction here just makes it look funny.
    Haven't changed my opinion on the matter, just gave a idea on how to bring a middleground to the issue.
    If you haven't read my previous posts, my opinion summed up:
    1: Loosen up the Transmog system completely, allowing you to transmog even white items, leaving nothing off the table, or -
    2: Allow the professions to influence how Transmogging is being done, by giving them some craftable that is easily sellable one way or another.

None of these opinions are mutually exclusive. In a perfect world, do them both. But if you can only do one or the other, I'd prefer it to be completely open ended.
    My idea of locking the current level raiding from being transmogged was only an idea to allow for more profession work, again, such as Inscription being the go to profession to allow you to transmog the normally locked gear.
    Even better, why not remove transmogging in the tradititional sense, and just allow you to make a costume with the current transmog system, so that when you equip new gear, it does not change your current transmog. Lock that with a permanent "buff" you can add in the transmog window, and you will never look like a clown while leveling, yak or no yak.

Edit:
    In regards to the first post I made, I was thinking about the lock of gear from Transmog only due to a certain subset of people that play the game that have complained about not being able to visiually tell on what level of a player they are seeing in a city is at...such as "Remember in classic when if you saw someone with T3, you knew they had been through serious shit" kind of complaining. Although I should have elaborated further on my full idea regarding it, but as often times is the case, hindsight is a bitch.

Edit numero dos:
    Forgot all about the covenent armor stuff, so locking any armor no matter what through Transmog wouldn't make sense in any case. Let's hope for more stuff to be added then, rather than having event restrictions such that we do now.
    Last edited by Benitora; 2020-04-07 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.