Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Here is the thing. The major selling point of swtor was the unique classes storylines and the companions. But now, its mostly a homogenized story with either light, gray, or dark side route (if lucky) and the 4? Companions through the last few expansions.

But it's the story that is the driving point and it is mostly dead at this point. The gameplay was nothing to write home about, nor any of the extra features (mounts, housing, etc...).

With how the house of mouse has been killing star wars, I do not really want to see what they have planned for the old republic. (Those high republic books dont exist).

So if they relaunch this game, what do they get outta it? The graphics are dated, but still playable. The story is there already and old and new players can go back and play them. Changing the gameplay would break the game.

If they were to do anything, it would be go back to day one and say u cant kill wow with this, but rather try and make the best game possible. That, or make it single player

one of SWTORs best features is its great legacy content/story, abandoning all of that like ARR would be taking a huge risk that their gigantic investment to reinvent itself is really really good
    thinly veiled high elf thread

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    one of SWTORs best features is its great legacy content/story, abandoning all of that like ARR would be taking a huge risk that their gigantic investment to reinvent itself is really really good
    Exactly, They would be better putting forth the investment into redoing the dungeon and raid system for companions, and sell it as a single player offline game

I’d rather they took the ideas that worked well with this game and made a sequel with a new engine.

I actually loved the game for the 90 days or whatever I played it when I came out.

Sad they did such a bad job after that. Would of liked to keep playing it.

BioWare sucks nowadays, they seem to of gotten take out by the woke-pocalypse that hit the gaming industry, but Respawn is a very solid company, has proven they do well with Star Wars and already has experience with online games with Apex.

If they did it, and did it right, it could actually be bigger than WoW ever was.

But, I don’t see it happening…
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-14 at 02:28 AM.

Game is still highly profitable with its new monetization system, so no need for drastic changes, especially with the 10 year anniversary celebration and expansion.

That said, the game is severely hindered by its shitty engine, and will never improve that aspect, but i'll gladly accept its flaws and enjoy their new patches and expansions every couple of years, maybe more frequent.

So i don't really see them going for a sequel or a re-launch or any weird shenanigan, but after the weird KOTET and KOTFE or whatever they were called, where the game went through a few years of single player focus, they have been back to the bread and butter of MMOs with new flashpoints and operations (dungeons & raids), and i'm looking forward to the future. Their endgame format with every 'dungeon' and 'raid' being relevant is pretty cool, whereas on WoW every raid turns obsolete when the next one follows or dungeons from previous expansions are no longer ran, which is something i'm very optimistic with the new M+ Legion Timewalking system, and how they can expand on it.

I don't see what would be the point, I think they'd be better off doing SWTOR 2...but that would be too expensive.

One of the most annoying things about the game is the built it on the awful hero engine
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

I've played FFXIV post ARR, and I'm not impressed. WoW should in no way try to emulate FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

The major selling point of SWTOR is the existing content related to SWTOR. Resetting that would have huge financial implications. ARR was possible because no one gives a shit about FF. People care deeply about SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Exactly, They would be better putting forth the investment into redoing the dungeon and raid system for companions, and sell it as a single player offline game
    nah I dont think so. I think if they were doing a big overhaul they'd be better off taking all the voice acting+art assets and moving it to a new engine where they can do better combat.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

I will get the game if they keep it free to play as option like the original did.. also would love to see ahsako tano as a hirable bodyguard.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396