Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, the high republic is so awful I don't want anything to do with it...it's so poorly written and stupid, aptly named the "high" republic because they really had to of been on high on something when they wrote it.

I would quit in a second if they based it off of the high republic, I'm glad they wont

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Oh god, the high republic is so awful I don't want anything to do with it...it's so poorly written and stupid, aptly named the "high" republic because they really had to of been on high on something when they wrote it.

I would quit in a second if they based it off of the high republic, I'm glad they wont
    Yet The High Republic is selling well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What SWTOR and FF14 have in common is that their stories are largely unchanged once they are released. Everyone has the same base experience.

The games differ in that FF14 runs between (I heard SWTOR is getting engine updates though) and FF14 had been largely ignored by the the bandwagon crew so there's little prejudice.

FF14 is trending now not because of any changes made by SE (apart from a balance patch that outsiders wouldn't know about). It's because a particular set of gamers feel like they want to punish WoW. If I was SE or someone who mained FF14 I would treat the influx of players as tourists as they aren't likely to hang around too long. Even if an upcoming expansion those players will go right back to WoW in due time.

SWTOR needs to focus on its core and maybe a concurrent sequel. A sequel that allows crossplay with the current SWTOR but moves past it as way to get past the games limitations.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-07-08 at 08:24 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

Have you read any of the High Republic stuff yourself or are you basing this opinion of the heavily bias Anti-Kennedy trolls that are on the internet? The only real negative press I have seen are from things like we've got this covered and Doomcock as well as their clones.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    SWTOR is great ff14 is just not good i get people wanting it to be a good mmorpg to fight wow but it really isnt a good mmo SWTOR is way better.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it is.
    They are both good. The difference is FF has way more dev support.
    SWTOR is doing alright, but it moves at a snails pace.

SWTOR has generated a revenue of a BILLION dollars. They have no need to relaunch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    SWTOR has generated a revenue of a BILLION dollars. They have no need to relaunch it.
    Thats nowhere near as impressive as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Thats nowhere near as impressive as you think it is.
    For a game that's basically been just sitting there for years with very infrequent content updates?

Damn. Tough room.

I don't think they will.

Bioware is a totally different company now and EA doesn't have exclusive rights for Star Wars soon, so I don't think they care as much about investing into that IP as they once did.

It was a cool game though. It's sad it never got proper support for whatever reason. Could easily see it being a real contender today if it had.

Hope Respawn or someone tries to make a new one one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I don't think they will.

Bioware is a totally different company now and EA doesn't have exclusive rights for Star Wars soon, so I don't think they care as much about investing into that IP as they once did.

It was a cool game though. It's sad it never got proper support for whatever reason. Could easily see it being a real contender today if it had.

Hope Respawn or someone tries to make a new one one day.
    It's not dead yet. XD

They are launching another xpac later this year.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's not dead yet. XD

They are launching another xpac later this year.
    Yeah, it isn't likely to go anywhere for a while now.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

You mean get the weight of the entire Bioware/EA company throw all of it's energy in revitalizing? Yeah it could pull it off.

Will it? Ah ha ha ha ha, wewf, that's about as funny as Bioware making a good story in the year 2020.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe? Will they? I hope not. Should they? No.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the thing. The major selling point of swtor was the unique classes storylines and the companions. But now, its mostly a homogenized story with either light, gray, or dark side route (if lucky) and the 4? Companions through the last few expansions.

But it's the story that is the driving point and it is mostly dead at this point. The gameplay was nothing to write home about, nor any of the extra features (mounts, housing, etc...).

With how the house of mouse has been killing star wars, I do not really want to see what they have planned for the old republic. (Those high republic books dont exist).

So if they relaunch this game, what do they get outta it? The graphics are dated, but still playable. The story is there already and old and new players can go back and play them. Changing the gameplay would break the game.

If they were to do anything, it would be go back to day one and say u cant kill wow with this, but rather try and make the best game possible. That, or make it single player

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    one of SWTORs best features is its great legacy content/story, abandoning all of that like ARR would be taking a huge risk that their gigantic investment to reinvent itself is really really good
    Exactly, They would be better putting forth the investment into redoing the dungeon and raid system for companions, and sell it as a single player offline game

I’d rather they took the ideas that worked well with this game and made a sequel with a new engine.

I actually loved the game for the 90 days or whatever I played it when I came out.

Sad they did such a bad job after that. Would of liked to keep playing it.

BioWare sucks nowadays, they seem to of gotten take out by the woke-pocalypse that hit the gaming industry, but Respawn is a very solid company, has proven they do well with Star Wars and already has experience with online games with Apex.

If they did it, and did it right, it could actually be bigger than WoW ever was.

But, I don’t see it happening…
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-14 at 02:28 AM.

Game is still highly profitable with its new monetization system, so no need for drastic changes, especially with the 10 year anniversary celebration and expansion.

That said, the game is severely hindered by its shitty engine, and will never improve that aspect, but i'll gladly accept its flaws and enjoy their new patches and expansions every couple of years, maybe more frequent.

So i don't really see them going for a sequel or a re-launch or any weird shenanigan, but after the weird KOTET and KOTFE or whatever they were called, where the game went through a few years of single player focus, they have been back to the bread and butter of MMOs with new flashpoints and operations (dungeons & raids), and i'm looking forward to the future. Their endgame format with every 'dungeon' and 'raid' being relevant is pretty cool, whereas on WoW every raid turns obsolete when the next one follows or dungeons from previous expansions are no longer ran, which is something i'm very optimistic with the new M+ Legion Timewalking system, and how they can expand on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what would be the point, I think they'd be better off doing SWTOR 2...but that would be too expensive.

One of the most annoying things about the game is the built it on the awful hero engine