Poll: Should we abolish the time change?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's for farmers. If farmers needed a different schedule they can just wake up earlier or later, they don't have to have the clock revolve around them.

If I recall correctly, the only reason we still have DST in the US is because of some corporate lobbying, like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I hate it. Pick one or divide the two by 30 mins and be done with the time change. It is one of the most stupid laws we have.
    Omfg 100% agree. We did this shit 5 months ago not even 6. End this nonsense

It probably causes and cost more than it saves or benefits now.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's for farmers. If farmers needed a different schedule they can just wake up earlier or later, they don't have to have the clock revolve around them.

If I recall correctly, the only reason we still have DST in the US is because of some corporate lobbying, like always.
    Kind of like the zinc lobby getting involved everytime getting rid of the US penny ($0.01) comes up.

HEY...I like my pennies...I can save them by the hundreds....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    HEY...I like my pennies...I can save them by the hundreds....
    Me to I'll take all your pennies dated prior to 1982 when they were 95% copper. Melt them (illegal btw) and the copper is worth $0.025. More than double the face value.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking hate daylights savings time. Am so happy the EU is getting rid of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abolish, please. Dark at 5pm is dumb.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    We already voted to be rid of it, don't know if they'll ever follow through on it though.
    /s

No. It works and I like longer days

It's obsolete...ditch it, and that 5pm nighttime...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You've never been to a farm, have you?

The problem is that animals have really accurate internal clock. When food suddenly arrives an hour late or early, they get stressed out.
    They should just be ranchers then and stop feeding their livestock anti-biotic and hormone lace food.

Either do the 30/30 split or leave it where there is more light in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The problem is that animals have really accurate internal clock. When food suddenly arrives an hour late or early, they get stressed out.
    Yes, which is why the farmers should just keep a constant time, or slowly move it if they really want to, and avoid shocking their animals.

The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join us in our unmoving time!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Thankfully you don't lose or gain sleep in a biological sense, on the down side is there is no such thing as making up for lost sleep, when the damage is done it is done lol. Also if you are not getting 6-8 hours of solid sleep hitting all of your rem cycles you will get a major bran disease later in life guaranteed.

So this is a bad practice just for the sake of peoples health in general.
    Do you have a source for this? Never heard of this before. Seems like an incredibly stupid thing to believe.

To be fair, getting enough sleep isn't wrong or stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    To be fair, getting enough sleep isn't wrong or stupid.
    No, but claiming you're guaranteed to get major brain diseases if you don't is... Uh.. Not backed up by current science to the best of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Do you have a source for this? Never heard of this before. Seems like an incredibly stupid thing to believe.
    I think he's referring to https://www.nih.gov/news-events/lack...eimers-disease "Lack of sleep may be linked to risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease". It's only a Preliminary study and it's about Alzheimer's. A disease that nobody has been able to figure out for 30+ years.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't voting to end time change impossible? i mean every single second the time changes. just now posting this the time has changed. you can't fight it people!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.