View Poll Results: Should we abolish the time change?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 76.19%
  • No

13 20.63%
  • Other (explain)

2 3.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Sadly... And i'm not a fan of that.

The only reason for me not being a fan of it is that if we pick summer time it means that during winther day wil come up around 9AM. And if we pick wither time it means that in summer day will go dawn at 22PM. Anyway most people here in Portugal are already asking for summer time.

Looks like i'm going to be forced to get used to this .
    About 10 years ago or so, Indiana decided to observe DST. Before that, it didn't (Arizona still doesn't). During the summer, we were on Central USA time, meaning the sun was still out around 10-1030pm (2230). Sun still came up around 530-6am. That was great. I had no problem with those times. I even worked 3rd shift during that time. I miss that, and would have no problem with it returning.

DST is stupid and needs to go away. Thankfully I didn't have to work Sunday, so when I woke up and the clock said it was nearly 10 am, I thought I overslept. Then I remembered it was really like it was almost 9am when I realized what day it was.

yep my state has a bill now that has passed to end it.. the interesting part will be I live in one state and work in another... I told my Manager that if it passes i'm working on my states time year around lol.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

Daylight Saving is NOT for Farmers.

Despite popular belief, DST has nothing to do with farming. ... Farmers didn't like DST when it was first introduced and most don't like it to this day. During the first World War I experiment in 1918, farmers were extremely opposed to having to turn back and forward their clocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's for farmers. If farmers needed a different schedule they can just wake up earlier or later, they don't have to have the clock revolve around them.

If I recall correctly, the only reason we still have DST in the US is because of some corporate lobbying, like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I hate it. Pick one or divide the two by 30 mins and be done with the time change. It is one of the most stupid laws we have.
    Omfg 100% agree. We did this shit 5 months ago not even 6. End this nonsense

It probably causes and cost more than it saves or benefits now.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's for farmers. If farmers needed a different schedule they can just wake up earlier or later, they don't have to have the clock revolve around them.

If I recall correctly, the only reason we still have DST in the US is because of some corporate lobbying, like always.
    Kind of like the zinc lobby getting involved everytime getting rid of the US penny ($0.01) comes up.

HEY...I like my pennies...I can save them by the hundreds....
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    HEY...I like my pennies...I can save them by the hundreds....
    Me to I'll take all your pennies dated prior to 1982 when they were 95% copper. Melt them (illegal btw) and the copper is worth $0.025. More than double the face value.

I fucking hate daylights savings time. Am so happy the EU is getting rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    It would be, if they really wanted to. But they don't care to even try, apparently.
    You've never been to a farm, have you?

The problem is that animals have really accurate internal clock. When food suddenly arrives an hour late or early, they get stressed out.

Abolish, please. Dark at 5pm is dumb.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

We already voted to be rid of it, don't know if they'll ever follow through on it though.
    /s

No. It works and I like longer days

It's obsolete...ditch it, and that 5pm nighttime...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You've never been to a farm, have you?

The problem is that animals have really accurate internal clock. When food suddenly arrives an hour late or early, they get stressed out.
    They should just be ranchers then and stop feeding their livestock anti-biotic and hormone lace food.

Either do the 30/30 split or leave it where there is more light in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Yes, which is why the farmers should just keep a constant time, or slowly move it if they really want to, and avoid shocking their animals.

The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Join us in our unmoving time!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Thankfully you don't lose or gain sleep in a biological sense, on the down side is there is no such thing as making up for lost sleep, when the damage is done it is done lol. Also if you are not getting 6-8 hours of solid sleep hitting all of your rem cycles you will get a major bran disease later in life guaranteed.

So this is a bad practice just for the sake of peoples health in general.
    Do you have a source for this? Never heard of this before. Seems like an incredibly stupid thing to believe.

To be fair, getting enough sleep isn't wrong or stupid.