Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Summons from the Depths in Nazjatar. I assumed more people were attacking it, turns out there were only three with no healers or tanks around. The monstrosity is still good fun when it can drop a dozen adds and immediately follow up with the rain that disorients you for 5 seconds if you don't dodge it. The corruption debuff that slows you down makes it a real good time when you have 4 mini-boys constantly pecking at you.

Anyway, everyone died, I ressed and sat back after it reset, and everyone waited for more people to show up.

Left my character flying in Legion while I was checking YouTube for any new video. After 4 minutes I finally went back to the game to see my character underwater and 4 minutes to release.

Whilst leveling my gnome monk, for the heritage armor, in Dun Morogh or Loch Modan, one of the two. You can very much still die whilst questing even today if you play as class that doesn't handle multiple mobs well at low levels.

I love how OP attempted to do a badly camouflaged complaint thread and everyone is shutting him down with their recent deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I over-aggroed on a ~300 ilvl Spriest last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I love how OP attempted to do a badly camouflaged complaint thread and everyone is shutting him down with their recent deaths.
    You need to be incredibly dumb to die in open world nowadays

Many people are posting here their deaths

Conclusion: *inserts toxic mini-stab at all mmo-champion users*

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    R'khuzj the Unfathomable was finally up during the N'Zoth Assault in Uldum while I was online. So I attempted to kill it.

Take a guess how that went.
    Yep, we had 3 dps in a group and thought it was just an ordinary rare.

Splat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

2020 gonna be a great year for MMO-C it seems.

Got ganked by 4 alliance players in Nazjatar a few weeks back. Haven't had warmode on since, and thus... Haven't died. Dying to World Quests is a myth. Maybe except for some of the new ones, like the mogus mentioned above. Haven't happened to me though.

for some reason, flying to the panda invasion zone from the far end of the dread wastes knocks me off my flying mount whenever I get around the great wall part... so my last 3 deaths have been me alt-tabbed flying towards the invasion zone and wondering why I fell to my death before I noticed the pattern. I wonder why though, combat log doesn't say I've been hit with anything..

Killing Ha-li (bird rare in the vale that you have to tag from some elevation because it flies a bit high) on a narrow cliff, got brutally murdered by things from beyond. Corruption is a fun and exciting system. Had to unequip some items and try again. No mount drop of course.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yesterday when the anima collection quest was on and I once again forgot that they make that debuff on range when I pulled too many.
    Who knew that having a max hp debuff will lead to you getting one shot, that totally didn't happen on my paladin yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Who knew that having a max hp debuff will lead to you getting one shot, that totally didn't happen on my paladin yesterday.
    It's a disease so paladin can dispel it but my dk has to run to the hills if I don't manage to ams reset.

One of the high HP rares in the invasions, or maybe when I pulled too many fleshbeasts with no CDs up and died to the stacking bleed.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE death: A couple of days ago in the Vale, pulled a bunch of the mogu not realising they had that -hp% debuff. That quickly wrecked me lol when there's ~10 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

accidental dismount while flying, actual combat non-pvp? Think I died to some of the group elite wq in naz when trying to solo them on my shaman

I don't want to know how many players die to the "R'khuzj" rare in Uldum (Black Empire) just because they can't deal with 2 simple mechanics.

For me it's most likely falling damage or specifically today as mentioned above: The Anima mob debuff (-5% HP per stack).

Died quite a few times when leveling my shadow priest with full heirlooms, without all the extra stam from the Azerite gear it was more dangerous leveling then my leveling in Classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    R'khuzj the Unfathomable was finally up during the N'Zoth Assault in Uldum while I was online. So I attempted to kill it.

Take a guess how that went.
    I killed him today.

Then again, I was on my blood dk....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    It’s almost impossible to die out in the world. Unless you’re a fresh max level character, war mode on or afk.

I would assume most deaths are war mode related, being afk or fatigue over water while afk.

Do you remember the last time you died out in the open world?

I’ll go first.

I tagged a rare in vale on my 385 alt dk and died.
    Sorry but you are just shit. Any one who isn't dying occasionally just isn't pulling efficiently enough.

You should be pulling mobs to the extent that your HP goes low. Sometimes when you get a freak series of stuns or whatever you will die.

If you don't have a small chance of dying then you are not doing enough damage and are playing too cautiously.

I suspect you don't actually play retail much if at all.
    Last edited by Starplis; 2020-03-10 at 12:53 AM.