Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Your last open world death

It’s almost impossible to die out in the world. Unless you’re a fresh max level character, war mode on or afk.

I would assume most deaths are war mode related, being afk or fatigue over water while afk.

Do you remember the last time you died out in the open world?

I’ll go first.

I tagged a rare in vale on my 385 alt dk and died.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday when I pulled more than 8 mobs on my mage
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

probably fell off a cliff while bubble was on cool down. or on my DK alt that is maybe 300 ilvl now?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Probably some bullshit naga hitting through walls in nazjatar with ranged attacks , infact I think I've never felt more frustration than in nazjatar for not understanding where sudden damage came from.

Outside of War Mode PvP?

One time while I was mining on a low-geared alt in Nazjatar a Thing from Beyond Spawned and hit me right underneath a Corruption circle, killing me.

Yesterday doing Uldum dailies, I had a bunch of mobs pulled as usual and got lackadaisical, got hit by 2 of the Corruption sprinty things and died.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Fell to my death after leveling on my Demon Hunter, then logging onto my Death Knight only to remember right after jumping that I don't have glide.

Nazjatar, running past a shitload of mobs to get to a world quest boss mob that was at 50% and melting fast, got the kill and then died 2 seconds later to the mobs I still had aggro on.

10+ Year Old Account
    R'khuzj the Unfathomable was finally up during the N'Zoth Assault in Uldum while I was online. So I attempted to kill it.

Take a guess how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    It’s almost impossible to die out in the world. Unless you’re a fresh max level character, war mode on or afk.

I would assume most deaths are war mode related, being afk or fatigue over water while afk.

I’ll go first.

Pulled 3 of those blood mogu casters in vale, literally last night, they killed mty voidwalker, then me, and im 470... they do hardcore damage.
    also 8.3 and 8.2 when starting if you had lower gear was super rough.

yesterday while doing dailies in vale
    pulled a bit too many mogu

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post

I’ll go first.

I fat fingered some skill that made me dismount from 398457394759 feet in the sky as a class with no way to save myself from my imminent doom.

Yesterday when the anima collection quest was on and I once again forgot that they make that debuff on range when I pulled too many.

Just today when I tried to kill something far too big.

Did some PvPing and got the bounty effect. Wanted to be able to fly again, but didn’t want to give the other faction free loots, so off the side a cliff I went!

Last time I was online, I was on my fresh 120 made doing stuff to unlock mechagnomes. Man those mobs hit hard or scale against ilvl or something

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m a 465 destro lock so not much kills me, unless I’m cocky and pull too many elites OR it’s rkhuzj the unfathomable that hits like a truck. Otherwise I’m nigh invulnerable
    Last edited by Phaelia; 2020-03-09 at 08:49 PM.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Probably...in nazjatar when i tried to solo-tag a boss in hopes more people would come for aid.

only pepega-stupidity kills you nowadays

I guess you never tried to pull too many of those mogu caster guys which keep spamming that nasty max health reduction...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yesterday when the anima collection quest was on and I once again forgot that they make that debuff on range when I pulled too many.
    I think these are the same mobs, I keep forgetting that as well :/.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Wintermaul-DunModr Twilight Devastation hit You 239,629 Shadow.
    Wintermaul-DunModr Twilight Devastation hit You 223,523 Shadow. (185,920 Overkill) (Critical)
    [You died.]

At least i died to a superior player with higher skill than mine.

I died to that Mogu puzzle where you waddle around with the heavy vase. That was embarrassing.
    "I'm 470+ilvl this should be ez"
    *Get stunned into arrows, each volley hits for around 250k.*
    YOU DIED