Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    2 weeks ago, pulled too many elites and died to no mana lol

Warmode helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Why should I need to farm or buy Draenor mats (instead of the cheap, vendor-sold tinker kits) because Blizzard constantly messes up and can't be bothered to think half a step ahead?
    You don't need to farm them, just buy them with garrison resources at the trader shop in said garrison, then craft at the engineering spot at said garrison. I've never ran out of gliders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Pretty much multiple times every day while I'm flying and out of habit I try to use the Puzzle Box of Yogg'Saron.

Auto dismount, and no parachutes or gliders.

I have cloak of shadows bound to T. Flying to do to a world quest. Someone whispers me and i hit R to reply, Sausage finger mode activated and im free falling. Happened way more than once.

Is there a macro you can make that go along the lines of [if flying=cloak nono]?

10+ Year Old Account
    AFK grabbing a snack while auto-flying into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I have cloak of shadows bound to T. Flying to do to a world quest. Someone whispers me and i hit R to reply, Sausage finger mode activated and im free falling. Happened way more than once.

Is there a macro you can make that go along the lines of [if flying=cloak nono]?
    Interface -> Controls -> Auto dismount in flight

7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the very sad things... in current wow, if you try out classic.... you die all the time out in the world.... and that is amazing!!! the world feels dangerous and you think about what gear you have on and what proflessions to have with potions and bandages...

it gives the open world meaning and the sence of realness.... as it is now in current wow... it just feels like a game on "easy" all day... and that just ruins the content
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    In WoW Classic, logged on my human warrior, took a step out of Darkshire inn and got 1 shotted by Stitches

15+ Year Old Account
    Got 100 corruption from gear and can't get the cloak yet, and I was trapped in a corner and.... boom.

Same. Last evening I got attacked by a DH. Killed him. Then got attacked by a Warlock right after that. Killed him. Then a Shaman came in. _Somehow_ killed him, and then the Warlock and DH both reappeared and that was the end of it.

If you have Warmode on, you're gonna die. You just are

This morning, 474 shadowpriest, standing in shit and typing to a buddy instead of moving.

I was trying to fly over a hill in Uldum, and flew too close to a giant worm. I knew I'd get the 30% slow debuff, I didn't know I would literally get eaten and die instantly.

I'd have been angrier if I didn't find it so hilarious at the time, because it was just completely unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never died im just undisputed champion

So...you're all proving the OP correct. 100% of deaths that have been mentioned here were either 1) people being afk 2) PVP 3) running into a mob/elite/boss without knowing its mechanics. I.E, yes, it looks like it's impossible to die unless you're actively trying to.

That being said, I can't talk about BFA, but as a Guardian druid in Legion I never, ever died on the outdoor map. Raids & dungeons sure, outdoors? Never. Ohwait, I think I got bombed by a Legion air-ship once and got 1shotted. That's just about it.

Leveling up an alt Druid. Pulled several mobs, dog threw up, so I just walked away and came back dead.

At max level, I feel like it's almost impossible to die, which really shows there's way too much power creep and easily obtained gear in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    It’s almost impossible to die out in the world. Unless you’re a fresh max level character, war mode on or afk.

I would assume most deaths are war mode related, being afk or fatigue over water while afk.

Do you remember the last time you died out in the open world?

I’ll go first.

I tagged a rare in vale on my 385 alt dk and died.
    its actualy tottaly not imposible,a bunch of rares will kill any non pet dps spec easily if solo,and even some of the non elite 8.3 mobs do some crazy dmg,not sure if they are bugged or what,but my 475 shaman died a few times to like 2-3 of those mogus with the blood debuff thing i dont recall the name

Me vs Greater Pyroblast + Chaos bolt = dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Few days ago on my druid. I was showing off on a new coming WoW player buddy of mine how druids can shapeshift mid air and fly around, jumped off a cliff and it never worked.. Fell down like a sack of potatoes and died.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its actualy tottaly not imposible,a bunch of rares will kill any non pet dps spec easily if solo,and even some of the non elite 8.3 mobs do some crazy dmg,not sure if they are bugged or what,but my 475 shaman died a few times to like 2-3 of those mogus with the blood debuff thing i dont recall the name
    Excuse me? Rares aren't meant to be soloed, they're rare-elites :P. I.e, they are group-oriented content. Simply the fact they CAN be soloed by multiple specs (with pets, tanking specs) is a MISTAKE and SHOULDN'T be the norm. Also, everyone's talking about the same type of mob - some mogu casters that reduce your max HP by 5% per stack. Well ok, they added ONE deadly mechanic to ONE mob, now all of a sudden the whole outdoor world is hard & can kill you? Because of that 1 mob that can kill you if you pull 5+ of them and the debuff gets too high?

I'm lvling an alt rogue on Classic atm, she's lvl 8. In full whites & greys, I cannot kill a level 9 wolf without playing perfectly. I have to Gouge kite, I have to use my Thrown weapon, I have to take care of my surroundings so I don't aggro anything else (cause that is certain death 100%) and I survive at the end with 10-25/180 HP.

And this is your average lvl 9 wolf. No abilities other than Bite and Auto-attack. And I doubt it even has Bite, cause it's lvl 9.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just died on my priest yesterday. 40 something corruption, pulled a world quest mob. Got THREE thing from the deeps spawn instantly when the mob hit me once. The delusions raped me in my absolute confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.