DPS'ing in M+ High Keys.

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with dps'ing in M+ in high keys as resto spec?

I've healed nearly every dungeon +15, some higher, highest up to about a +18 in S4.

There are often downtime's when i can dps, which i do, i'm not asking for rotation help or anything as its straight forward, more so what azertie and gear people use?

I tested 'healing' a +10 in full DPS ele gear, i was in the top 2 dps whilst healing, it wasn't really any different apart from my heals being weaker but my dps being much stronger with 3X Igneous etc.

However i could see at higher keys it would be quite different because you often need big heals so i can't just run full DPS gear. If anyone here is experienced in this, please could you give some advice with gear, traits and essences to offer a decent amount of DPS whilst still healing strong, I'm ok being bottom dps because i should be but i want considerably more than just DPSing in full healing gear.

Cheers.

Watch some streams or videos of real high keys. What will you notice? they don't bother healing. the amount of gcds that they actually press a heal button is unbelievable low.

In theory same goes for you. You want to dps? stop healing and let the dps keep themselves alive somehow. You'Re only there for heal cds and dps.

Unfortunately in the md range keys 15-20 or something like that, this doesnt work at all. People are too stupid to keep themselves alive so you have to play the worst version of m+ healing which is...trying to keep them alive with big heals which you dont have.

It might be obvious that i am salty in this topic but yeah...really dpsing as heal in mid keys kind of doesn't exist because people are just too bad and to uncoordinated

I got a macro that dpses my targets target while I'm targetting a friendly. Usually throw out a flame shock and lvb if they aren't taking much damage. The same macro also let's me dps normally if targetting an enemy

You should always be damaging / thinking about doing damage. Healing is pretty much only done when it is absolutely necessary.

Shaman are not in the best spot as their HPS and DPS are rather lackluster, and they don't offer any added utility that the group needs/lacks.
    You'll very rarely find them for higher keys (23+).

Something to think about is if a dps in your party is taking damage to a mechanic/corruption (that is avoidable) it's probably going to be a net DPS gain for the group if you heal them through it over the forced movement. Circle back to the problem that if a shaman is healing, he isn't doing damage aside from flame shock dot. Add in the abysmal HPS outside of cooldowns and poor mana of an rsham compared to say a Holy paladin that has a 'dps' cooldown that also produces healing and has to make a serious effort to get their mana bar to move and you begin to understand the M+ meta.

As for DPS help, for rsham I'd aim for tendies for corruption for most all around scenarios. Single target at high gear you're going to be about 20k dps behind a hpal, but on par with a disc priest if you're going ham. The downside is a disc priest is healing while they do their damage.

Since 90% of resto dps kit is the same as elemental kit, i would look at elemental.

I would get at least one igneous Potential trait 3 if possible if your heals don't depend to much on azerite traits. ( I speak from an elemental view, I am just the back up healer for the guild and only do so if needed) Besides that stat buffs that buff both dps and heals would be my best in my opinion to balance both out.

But if your going pure dps build you'll have to sim the different traits in resto spec

15+ Year Old Account
    Resto does absurdly high dps with 3x igneous potential and all dps traits in general. Essences: concentrated flame, worldvein, echo of the elements talent.

50k dps single target with proper gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    I tested 'healing' a +10 in full DPS ele gear, i was in the top 2 dps whilst healing
    Well, what was your actual overall dps for the dungeon? It's hard to tell anything from "top 2 dps" as we don't know if the dps in your group was shit.