Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    For me its that it tried to force a Faction War and Black Empire expansion into one narrative and both suffered for it. Both had their high points but intermingling them is what led to my disappointment. Like adding custard to bolognese, they just didn't gel well, as done in game, in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    tbh if BFA started from day one focus on N'zoth it would been far better, i was expecting Nyalotha the capital of an entire underground content, maybe merge Naga with N'zoth but not a patch!
    What would the story actually have been if it were all about Azshara and N'zoth?
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    What would the story actually have been if it were all about Azshara and N'zoth?
    An Nzoth expansion outline could be.

    Launch: General idea of 8.2 but expanded. Naga continent from the sea floor etc as leveling story arc. Filler raid idea. Sea monster fight on boats.

    8.1: Naga Raid. Nzoth gows free. (I liked the feel of 8.2 stuff)

    8.2: Lots of options just pick something in lore attached to the old gods and go ham. Show the expanding influence of a freed Nzoth.

    Examples:

    We go to Azjol-Nerub to stop the Aqir recruiting the Nerubians?

    Maybe we deal with an outbreak of madness across the world as whole as Stange obelisks start to appear.

    Twlight Dragonflight with the Dragon isles as a zone.

    8.3 Nyalotha zone and the rising of the Black Empire as locations on Azeroth. Without that parallel dimension shit. That felt extremely rushed to me. Then old god raid. Nzoth dies. Id probably have Alleira send him and herself into the Void to act as bridge to the void lord expasion.

    Nzoth is a constant presence throughout the expasion. Is tied into to all of it. Avoids the all 'purple' thing people didnt want by focusing of the naga primarily at the start. Then the wider black Empire. Not unrelated Faction War followed by unrelated Nzoth.
    Last edited by WonderZebra; 2020-03-19 at 06:41 PM.

  3. #123
    BFA story is probably the worst ever in Warcraft history. The whole thing is a weak point. Even WoD wasn't as bad.

    I really can't think of anything good storywise from this expansion, nothing, NADA.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    BFA story is probably the worst ever in Warcraft history. The whole thing is a weak point. Even WoD wasn't as bad.

    I really can't think of anything good storywise from this expansion, nothing, NADA.
    The Horde finally realizing that Sylvanas is a conniving cunt. The only weird thing is that it took them 3 patches to understand that.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Horde finally realizing that Sylvanas is a conniving cunt. The only weird thing is that it took them 3 patches to understand that.
    I was seriously expecting blizz to turn around at the end and show Sylvanas was doing something good, or at least different, unexpected but nope, it was just bad writing the entire time...

    It's the case when something is so bad that you can't believe it, it can't possibly be that bad, there must be something hidden, a surprise at the end...

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I was seriously expecting blizz to turn around at the end and show Sylvanas was doing something good, or at least different, unexpected but nope, it was just bad writing the entire time...

    It's the case when something is so bad that you can't believe it, it can't possibly be that bad, there must be something hidden, a surprise at the end...
    Why would you expect something good from a person who went to Hell because of her crimes against the living?
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why would you expect something good from a person who went to Hell because of her crimes against the living?
    But did she really go to hell because of that? I always thought that was her fate because she was undead. The whole thing about wrathgate being her idea for me was just nonsense fuel for BFA.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    But did she really go to hell because of that? I always thought that was her fate because she was undead. The whole thing about wrathgate being her idea for me was just nonsense fuel for BFA.
    In fact I was referring to the revolting experiments on the living that she condoned and the war against the "human infestation" that she waged in Hillsbrad. Plus, I mean, she smiled with glee when two people melted because of the blight. She was already fucked up in the head.

    It was obvious she burned Teldrassil. Thank God they didn't listen to those BS theories that the Alliance literally committed genocide on their own population to stop Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-19 at 07:13 PM.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In fact I was referring to the revolting experiments against the living that she condoned and the war against the "human infestatio" that she waged in Hillsbrad. I mean, she smiled with glee when two people melted because of the blight. She was already fucked in the head.
    But wasn't that after wotlk? She dies and goes to hell right after Arthas dies and at that point she wasn't bad.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    How was Sylvanas morally grey before 8.1? Lol, she literally burned children in their homes in the pre-patch. She was always a villain and Blizzard never said she was morally grey. Her trying to murder both Saurfang and Zekhan was completely in-character.
    I know it was great, I wish they would have let us side with her in the end and allowed for the loyalists mostly Forsaken break from the Horde and become the 3rd faction.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    But wasn't that after wotlk? She dies and goes to hell right after Arthas dies and at that point she wasn't bad.
    No, she was already doing that in Classic. It's just that most people didn't learn about her revolting experiments until the RAS was breached in WotLK during the Battle of Undercity. She also commanded Varimathras to wage war on the humans of Hillsbrad because they were in their way, despite the fact that many of them were just refugees fleeing from the Scourge.

    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I know it was great, I wish they would have let us side with her in the end and allowed for the loyalists mostly Forsaken break from the Horde and become the 3rd faction.
    Why? She never gave a shit about the loyalists and actually told Azshara to kill them.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, she was already doing that in Classic. It's just that most people didn't learn about her revolting experiments until the RAS was breached in WotLK during the Battle of Undercity. She also commanded Varimathras to wage war on the humans of Hillsbrad because they were in their way, despite the fact that many of them were just refugees fleeing from the Scourge.



    Why? She never gave a shit about the loyalists and actually told Azshara to kill them.
    I want to be part of the evil faction, which is why I picked Forsaken as my main race back in Vanilla 15 years ago. I want to be the bad guy, I don't care if she cares about us or not, I view her as a Sith Lord and I as her apprentice it is my job to eventually kill her and take over as my apprentice shall do to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And I loved the Plague and wish it would be used more, I say plague bomb everything. Make more undead to serve.

  13. #133
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why would you expect something good from a person who went to Hell because of her crimes against the living?
    she is too similar to Kerrigan, so yeah i'm betting i'll eat part of my shoe if they don't kerrigan her (unless Danuser leaves blizz, in that case i won't eat it)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    But did she really go to hell because of that? I always thought that was her fate because she was undead. The whole thing about wrathgate being her idea for me was just nonsense fuel for BFA.
    You sure? Because it sounds pretty Sylvanas-y to me.

    Sylvanas: And if those dolts manage to actually lure the Lich King out, fire everything we have.
    Putress: And what of the Alliance and Horde forces in the line of fire?
    Sylvanas: Did I stutter?

    Then Putress + Varimathras attempt to take advantage of the situation to take over the Undercity and blame her, but she does the switcharoo and blames them for all of it instead, and the Horde believe her.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In fact I was referring to the revolting experiments on the living that she condoned and the war against the "human infestation" that she waged in Hillsbrad. Plus, I mean, she smiled with glee when two people melted because of the blight. She was already fucked up in the head.

    It was obvious she burned Teldrassil. Thank God they didn't listen to those BS theories that the Alliance literally committed genocide on their own population to stop Sylvanas.
    The one that always gets me is the end of the campaign in Western Plaguelands.

    "Arthas clearly failed when he created his death knights. You are still weak."

    Having played through the death knight order hall campaign, that gives me shivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You sure? Because it sounds pretty Sylvanas-y to me.

    Sylvanas: And if those dolts manage to actually lure the Lich King out, fire everything we have.
    Putress: And what of the Alliance and Horde forces in the line of fire?
    Sylvanas: Did I stutter?

    Then Putress + Varimathras attempt to take advantage of the situation to take over the Undercity and blame her, but she does the switcharoo and blames them for all of it instead, and the Horde believe her.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The one that always gets me is the end of the campaign in Western Plaguelands.

    "Arthas clearly failed when he created his death knights. You are still weak."

    Having played through the death knight order hall campaign, that gives me shivers.
    What gives me shivers instead is that even Garrosh was appalled by Sylvanas' actions. It definitely fits with Afrasiabi's statement that "Garrosh was just an amateur compared to Sylvanas". But that moment with Koltira was also very sinister.

    Ordering the Wrathgate also fits Sylvanas' personality very well. We know she only cared about Arthas' death, and then she would've committed suicide. The Wrathgate was a precious opportunity, because Arthas was lured into the open and was vulnerable. He almost died too. So that was her best shot at killing him. She probably knew that Alliance and Horde would retaliate, but by that point she would've already committed suicide.

    The problem is that some people don't understand that the Wrathgate and the coup in the Undercity are not linked. Just because Sylvanas agreed to Putress unleashing the blight doesn't mean that she knew Putress and Varimathras were planning to betray her. And Sylvanas agreeing to the Wrathgate plan wouldn't have stopped Varimathras from usurping her, because his true allegiances always lied with Sargeras. He would've betrayed her regardless.

    That being said, I don't think many believed her. In both Chronicles and BtS it's also mentioned that many suspected she played a part in the Wrathgate.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-19 at 09:28 PM.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •