Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're making things really hard for yourself when you insist on playing healer spec while refusing to group with anyone for instanced content. Just because running solo is an option it doesn't mean you're free from having to adapt to what you encounter like everyone else. Putting a timer on things is just an easy way for designers to avoid dps-check-walls while still making challenging content. Play what you like, you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    snip
    Not everyone has this intricate knowledge of the visions nor run with addons to let them know and keep track of all the internal timers for stuff to look out for and be mindful of while clearing them.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You're making things really hard for yourself when you insist on playing healer spec while refusing to group with anyone for instanced content. Just because running solo is an option it doesn't mean you're free from having to adapt to what you encounter like everyone else. Putting a timer on things is just an easy way for designers to avoid dps-check-walls while still making challenging content. Play what you like, you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone has this intricate knowledge of the visions nor run with addons to let them know and keep track of all the internal timers for stuff to look out for and be mindful of while clearing them.
    you could just.... count ya know too right?
    Also you dont need intricate knowledge to use a website called
    google.ca or .com or whatever your preface is.
    But hey i have this spell called summon infernal its so RNG, it has this weird bar that randomly gets smaller when i cast it, such RNG bullshit when i am trying to do my rotaton and my infernal just randomly comes back wtf is this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I haven't played WoW in a while so I haven't tried horrific visions but they do look interesting from what I've seen. If Torghast can give talents that modify healer abilitys to do more damage (and nerf their healing spells accordingly) I could see Torghast doing well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    you could just.... count ya know too right?
    Also you dont need intricate knowledge to use a website called
    google.ca or .com or whatever your preface is.
    But hey i have this spell called summon infernal its so RNG, it has this weird bar that randomly gets smaller when i cast it, such RNG bullshit when i am trying to do my rotaton and my infernal just randomly comes back wtf is this.
    Are you good at keeping track of 3 timers simultaneously in your head? I don't get why blizz can't just make them visible as part of the baseline UI when they're so important - much like the dmg cd in your rotation on your action bar that you mention.

People take to the forums to rage and vent rather than have a discussion - much like yourself. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    OP: *goes into Horrific Visions solo as a healer*

"Guys I think Shadowlands is gonna suck!"

Why are you trying to solo it as a healer? Why solo content as a healer? Get a group or spec enh/ele. I don't get why healers expect to be able to solo current content at the same pace as damage specs. You're being ridiculous.
    Wait, what? This is a team game--dps should have to pause and heal or eat or drink, because the mobs should do that much damage and slow them down. I don't get why dps should have some giant advantage because they are dps--or for that matter tanks. If it's a team game, then this content should only be possible in a team; if it's solo, it should be balanced accordingly. And this coming from a rogue.

t expect to survive without a healer. If it's solo content, it needs to be done roughly equally by all the classes. Quite a few healers don't want to switch specs and blizzard should totally support that style.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you good at keeping track of 3 timers simultaneously in your head? I don't get why blizz can't just make them visible as part of the baseline UI when they're so important - much like the dmg cd in your rotation on your action bar that you mention.

People take to the forums to rage and vent rather than have a discussion - much like yourself. What do you expect?
    yes lets have 80 fucking things on our screen at all times of all your abilities internal CD's

OOOOOOOOR like we have done for 15 years.
    let people make addons and customize them so you can track only the things you want to track.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, it feels that way. I hate doing my weekly visions, they’re worse than island expeditions.

To be clear, the only tracker I use is a WA to tell me when Gift of the Titans is goes off (which doesn't apply for anyone but my main). Otherwise raw experience is what gets me through visions on undergeared characters with remedial class knowledge.
    I learned things, basically.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Switch to dps, you should be playing the class not a single spec, you're a shaman not a freakin resto shaman.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    yes lets have 80 fucking things on our screen at all times of all your abilities internal CD's

OOOOOOOOR like we have done for 15 years.
    let people make addons and customize them so you can track only the things you want to track.
    You're free to act obtuse and change the subject to try and make your point.

If they want to continue designing the game like this they should expect people to push back when their challenging content becomes unplayable without addons like Weakaura - because they're just completely halfassing the game-UI and admittedly know that doing what that addon does makes their challenging content trivial to complete by the masses.

I think it will be bad. We've seen that they struggle to balance and properly, tightly tune content that can scale from 1 to 5 players and that is role agnostic.

Either there will be specs and comps that faceroll and push way, way far in to it or it'll be faceroll even by solo healers.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're free to act obtuse and change the subject to try and make your point.

If they want to continue designing the game like this they should expect people to push back when their challenging content becomes unplayable without addons like Weakaura - because they're just completely halfassing the game-UI and admittedly know that doing what that addon does makes their challenging content trivial to complete by the masses.
    raids are unplayable without addons, dude if you are doing any endgame content even somewhat seriously, you are gimping yourself if you dont have addons.

try to do a mythic raid with no one having DBM or bigwigs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    raids are unplayable without addons, dude if you are doing any endgame content even somewhat seriously, you are gimping yourself if you dont have addons.

try to do a mythic raid with no one having DBM or bigwigs.
    This isn't about raiding, but again: the requirement for these addons just to do any challenging content - that is part of the reason why less and less people care to do that content, nobody wants to keep bothering with those addons that should've been made part of the base-UI a long time ago - least of all new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is going to be D3 greater rifts. People will either love it or hate it. I just hope they don't make the mistake of making them mandatory for progression.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Horrific Visions themselves actually aren't too bad. It's combining them with corruption effects and some of the ridiculous zone effects like Scorching Feet and the slow vs Umbris that makes them really bad.

They have to leave specific stuff out so it doesn't negate their ability to complain about it.
    Scorching Feet and Leaden Foot are the fucking worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Scorching Feet and Leaden Foot are the fucking worst.
    No, that would be split-personality. The two you mention both have visuals to inform you and to allow you to act accordingly. Split-personality does not and just suddenly boxes you in which is often disastrous if you're mid-dodge on an elite-ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about raiding, but again: the requirement for these addons just to do any challenging content - that is part of the reason why less and less people care to do that content, nobody wants to keep bothering with those addons that should've been made part of the base-UI a long time ago - least of all new players.
    no, every addon players make should not be part of the base game.
    grow up, if you want something special you should download it.
    its not like its some hassle fit of having to spend hours to get stuff to work
    its pressing a button
    the whole point of the game is its customization
    the best thing to do is leave the base game as simple as possible UI wise, and allow players to make their own ui addons, cause imagine if someone else shitty UI was forced onto you, and you couldnt change it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    no, every addon players make should not be part of the base game.
    grow up, if you want something special you should download it.
    its not like its some hassle fit of having to spend hours to get stuff to work
    its pressing a button
    the whole point of the game is its customization
    the best thing to do is leave the base game as simple as possible UI wise, and allow players to make their own ui addons, cause imagine if someone else shitty UI was forced onto you, and you couldnt change it.
    So where's this customization? I have to maintain addons for this option at the moment.

Since you're conveniently ignoring my point and arguing subjects that weren't raised at all I'll just ignore you as well then.

7+ Year Old Account
    So where's this customization? I have to maintain addons for this option at the moment.

Since you're conveniently ignoring my point and arguing subjects that weren't raised at all I'll just ignore you as well then.
    That customization is on the MANY addon websites.
    if you want more then the most basic info, you will need to download addons, thats it, its why blizzard endorses them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I supposed you missed the point that a key feature of Torghast is that it'll be different every run - Visions aren't. Plus it's not timed so you can take as long as you like - so you can play whatever you like.
    Torghast will be different in the same way that Diablo 3 elite enemies and M+ affixes are different every run. If you expect that the core content will change, and not just a generated list of revolving list of affixes (and probably different doors/routes that are locked/unlocked), you're going to be disappointed.

You can tell that Blizzard really wants to have automatic content generation, and M+ (and Island expeditions) are a good example. Blizzard makes a handful of mechanics, makes them combine randomly or pseudo-randomly and presto change-o you have content to do for 2 years.

It doesn't really work though because you are still doing the same content.

If you are like "Wow, I never had to face this specific exploding, electrified, arcane, jailing trash mob in this room before, NEW CONTENT", you will probably enjoy Torghast.