Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Here's hoping Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 are next! :3
    Seconded, Im hoping the random Easter eggs they put in Allude to it (you see the general from RA2 in the video, and Kane with his Cyborg implants from TS)

I am so unbelievably hyped for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    I rather see a Red Alert 2 and expansions.
    There is kinda:
    http://mentalomega.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There is kinda:
    http://mentalomega.com/
    I have played many mods, but we need a new redesign. I wonder why they gave up on the project after generals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah. I am getting so tired of upscales being called remasters. How about you remake the game in one of your current engines? Fuck, take the garbage that is C&C 4 and put it to some good use. Then for once we would have a fantastic C&C game with top of the line graphics! Instead we just get upscaled 1990s graphics, and have to pay for what should just be an overly ambitious mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Blah. I am getting so tired of upscales being called remasters. How about you remake the game in one of your current engines? Fuck, take the garbage that is C&C 4 and put it to some good use. Then for once we would have a fantastic C&C game with top of the line graphics! Instead we just get upscaled 1990s graphics, and have to pay for what should just be an overly ambitious mod.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remaster

Because that's literally what a reMASTER is. It's updating the quality of the original version.

What you're talking about is a reMAKE, which is what we're seeing with RE2/3 and other titles. This is not a reMAKE, it's a reMASTER.

Remaking the game can be very expensive and time consuming, and comes with its own risks. People have been asking for remasters, and I've seen little request for proper remakes.

If they're gonna make new assets, I'd much rather it be a new installment.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Didn't know much about C&C4 when I got in a sale after all those years. Got in, started to play, and wondered what the fuck is this shit?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a time to be alive when EA of all companies takes a shit on Blizzard... man times have changed.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Can I still build sandsack walls into the enemy's base and block their routes, then drop a turret tower to decimate their buildings?

Goddamn the "Welcome Back, Commander" really got me.

God I hope if this does well they remake Tiberian Sun. God I can't even count how many hours my friends and I spent playing Tiberian Sun. I really need CABAL back in my life.

Also RA2 is amazing as well and that one could really use a remaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    I rather see a Red Alert 2 and expansions.
    im down for some red alert 2: yuri's revenge

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I hate EA so much for what they've done to C&C. I wish some developer who cares about the RTS genre would just buy the IP since EA is so bent on sitting on it.

This looks promising.

But yeah, I really hope this is just preparation work to tackle Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 next. I'd play the crap out of those!

I'm surprised they didn't include Tiberian Sun right away, isn't that generally said to be the best game of the franchise?

But I suppose if the remasters do well that's still a future option. The Baldur's Gate remasters led to IWD and Planescape: Torment remasters, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Didn't know much about C&C4 when I got in a sale after all those years. Got in, started to play, and wondered what the fuck is this shit?
    Yeah, it's absolute garbage. But it looks good. I would be cool to see them use that for the old C&C games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Blizzard: "We're going to make a remaster that's worse than the original with no community consultation"
    EA: "We're going to form a committee of community members who will be part of the development process and pour a crapton of love in to this project"

What a time to be alive O.O

In all fairness they have been updating the community on monthly intervals from the start of remastering the game including and listing to the community and adjusting how we would like to see it remastered. You can see in the reddit community posts and video docs that there is only love and passion to make this a great game for the community what the C&C fans deserve. Blizzard can learn a thing or two about how they went about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm speechless.. Return of competitive RTS for me I'm thinking. I used to play this on dial up, my bud and I would literally fight his sister to rights to the computer and you had to pray mom didn't want to use the phone.

Save Tib Sun til later I'm thinking. I also used to play that on dial up. Tib Sun completely remastered would be a game changer, the music is so good and the lighting was so good for that time. Pray.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Command and Conquer was the first PC game I ever played. It was epic back then, it still is epic and the remaster will be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Mewhywhy View Post
    Blizzard: "We're going to make a remaster that's worse than the original with no community consultation"
    EA: "We're going to form a committee of community members who will be part of the development process and pour a crapton of love in to this project"

What a time to be alive O.O

In all fairness they have been updating the community on monthly intervals from the start of remastering the game including and listing to the community and adjusting how we would like to see it remastered. You can see in the reddit community posts and video docs that there is only love and passion to make this a great game for the community what the C&C fans deserve. Blizzard can learn a thing or two about how they went about it.
    Yeah only one problem, Blizzard wanted to change the remaster, the players said no dont change it and Blizzard was stupid enough to listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I still remember having the original game on double cd. I was stunned with that game, coming from Dune 2 it was such a step up!

That soundtrack also still holds up today.