Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Oh lordy lord.

Never thought I'd pay $150 + $50 shipping for a 25 year old game.

Which I already own twice.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah only one problem, Blizzard wanted to change the remaster, the players said no dont change it and Blizzard was stupid enough to listen.
    Nothing but an excuse because they got lazy/cut the prices.
    They have never listened before, but suddenly they listen now and it's when some players ask them to cut 90% of a project??

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I haven't watched the video yet, but Red Alert's expansion had a series of secret missions with a bunch of giant ants, so I assume it's that. (I think they were relatively secret, anyway. It has been couple decades since I played..)
    Wasn't that big of a secret. You clicked on a spot in the main menu in the Counterstrike expansion and it would activate the missions. Loved those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Nothing but an excuse because they got lazy/cut the prices.
    They have never listened before, but suddenly they listen now and it's when some players ask them to cut 90% of a project??
    They have listened alot to players before not always as they should, i know players belive they know best and have all the answers but they dont, and not sure where you got it but claim that 90 % was cut is also wrong, but hey made up numbers are fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post

Oh lordy lord.

Never thought I'd pay $150 + $50 shipping for a 25 year old game.

Which I already own twice.
    PLEASE NOTE: This item is currently in manufacturing. Artwork is subject to change, and the product will not ship for 2-4 months after the pre-order window closes. Future production updates will be visible on the product page and your account page. All orders are considered final and can not be canceled.

So...Ea could full a fallout 76 with this collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I haven't watched the video yet, but Red Alert's expansion had a series of secret missions with a bunch of giant ants, so I assume it's that. (I think they were relatively secret, anyway. It has been couple decades since I played..)
    I remember vaguely some dinosaur levels.. I think it was in the original C&C? Good stuff!

They have listened alot to players before not always as they should, i know players belive they know best and have all the answers but they dont, and not sure where you got it but claim that 90 % was cut is also wrong, but hey made up numbers are fun.
    You are buying into Blizzard excuses too much. They never listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    I remember vaguely some dinosaur levels.. I think it was in the original C&C? Good stuff!
    Dinos were from RA2 when you go back in time as a russan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Dinos were from RA2 when you go back in time as a russan.
    There was definitely a secret Dino level in the original. Kane briefs you on it and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There was definitely a secret Dino level in the original. Kane briefs you on it and everything.

Yeah for this game version you need gold one. Or you have to install a patch in older versions of the game:
    https://cncnz.com/hosted-projects/co...fficial-patch/

So some people missed it, without knowing it existed.

Would rather they did a new one and not the mobile game, still hyped though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

A small minority literally asked them to keep the graphics the same, keep the cutscenes the same, keep the story the same, keep the voice acting the same.
    That's cutting 90% of the announced content at Blizzcon 2018...Ofc not that much was cut but a ton was!

A small minority literally asked them to keep the graphics the same, keep the cutscenes the same, keep the story the same, keep the voice acting the same.
    That's cutting 90% of the announced content at Blizzcon 2018...Ofc not that much was cut but a ton was!
    This is where the C&C team did it differently. They made no decisions on their own. Like Jim says in the trailer in the OP, they asked the community on day 1 of the project for feedback on how they should proceed with the project, what people wanted from it, etc. And then they formed the community council from the most trusted and influencial members from the C&C community throughout the years. And that effort has clearly paid off. Blizzard made a whole bunch of decisions up front and then tried to half-ass changes to a plan already in motion. Agree with their original decision or not, they should have stayed the original course instead of try do half of this and half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is where the C&C team did it differently. They made no decisions on their own. Like Jim says in the trailer in the OP, they asked the community on day 1 of the project for feedback on how they should proceed with the project, what people wanted from it, etc. And then they formed the community council from the most trusted and influencial members from the C&C community throughout the years. And that effort has clearly paid off. Blizzard made a whole bunch of decisions up front and then tried to half-ass changes to a plan already in motion. Agree with their original decision or not, they should have stayed the original course instead of try do half of this and half of that.
    Agreed especially as I was looking forward to the original concept.
    It would have the original campaign as an optional, and the remastered campaign with new cutscenes/voice acting/maps. You could pick which you preferred.
    Instead they scrapped both the original and the remastered and had a mish-mash of both...which pleased no one.

Agreed especially as I was looking forward to the original concept.
    It would have the original campaign as an optional, and the remastered campaign with new cutscenes/voice acting/maps. You could pick which you preferred.
    Instead they scrapped both the original and the remastered and had a mish-mash of both...which pleased no one.
    Not to mention pricing. Other recent remasters have been AoE2 at 20 bucks, Halo at 40 bucks (for five full games and one expansion/spinoff), and now C&C for 20 bucks as well. Blizzard is charging 30 for some new skins.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    New trailer and release date got revealed:

On the 5th of June we can experience a legendary game in HD graphics, with so many more improvements. They plan to remaster more C&C games depending on how Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 will be received. And I know EA is not exactly one of our best friends, but they did hire the original Westwood team (who are now Petroglyph) to work on this project, and they seem very faithful so far. They listen very close and communicate to the C&C community. They also have Lemonsky Studio who also worked on WC3:R work on the game aswell.

I will be bringing glory to the Brotherhood
    God how much I missed that music alone!! Although I would love to have red alert 2 as well after these

I'll give this one a pass. Had fun with them back in the day, but felt their gameplay was badly outdated already in the earlier 2000's. Quality of life improvements aren't enough when the meat and bones themselves require overhauling.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

As much as I like Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 i'm looking forward to Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 the most. Tiberian Sun had some pathing issues because the game came out to early, this could be something they can fix. I do wonder how a Red Alert 2 remaster would look like considering that the game aged quite well because of its colorful graphics.

And I wonder if they will consider a remastered Renegade aswell. This was Westwoods take on an unique strategical shooter game with RTS elements which also had a campaign. There aren't many games like this where your team has their own base, and whenever a building gets destroyed they lose whatever the building was offered. If the barracks was destroyed you could no longer buy better characters, if the war factory is destroyed you can no longer buy vehicles, if the refinery gets destroyed you will lose a lot of income etc. Renegade X is a very solid and quite faithful mod for this game, but I would love to see a proper remaster from the C&C team aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY from this trailer
    I'm worried because of EA history, but seriously this seems exactly what I LOVE
    EA, THANK YOU
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I think it's fair to say that we will definitely see more games from the series remastered if this does well. The people working on this know their audience.