Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a very interesting idea, I like it, but I doubt Blizzard will ever do it.
    But, lorewise, I remember something about Anduin, during BFA, saying to Saurfang he'd let the orcs join the Alliance if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/undead/units/lich.shtml

"During his mortal life as the Warchief of the Orcish Horde of Draenor; Ner'zhul commanded a number of Orcish Warlocks and Shamans. Yet, when these wicked sorcerers were captured by Kil'jaeden and the Legion after the destruction of Draenor, they were transformed into twisted aberrations of their former selves. These Liches possessed tremendous magical powers, yet their immortal, undead bodies were bound to the iron will of Ner'zhul. Since the Liches showed unswerving loyalty to their master, Ner'zhul granted them control over the furious elements of the cold north. Now, Liches wield frost magic along with their own considerable necromantic spells."

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair the Alteraci had some story since WC2, some slight callbacks in WC3, and were present since Vanilla

The Lightbound was recently just introduced so there's not much things to connect as of now

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I forgot about Silvermoon Harry
    Mechagnomes have been in the story for forever and Vulpera were made up for BFA and yet they spent much more time making Vulpera an amazing race and turned mechagnomes into amputees who hide 90% of their armor. They could have atleast gave them a way to color their mechanical parts like the mechanocat or given them a third color option instead of rust and gold/silver.

But joking aside that Blizzard just slaps some element onto a race for Alliance and calls it good, I don't think they will give another lightforged race to the Alliance. Atleast not for quite some time.

Its a bad and awful suggestion, give the most iconic race of the faction to the opposite faction

no matter how you look at it, its bad

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    Its a bad and awful suggestion, give the most iconic race of the faction to the opposite faction

When there was leaks of Mag'har Orcs, there was good number of people saying they would be lead by Saurfang and be Alliance ... hell, Alliance Orcs have been requested by some since the beginning of BfA.

It isn't going to die, I just wish it would get a Megathread like High Elves because I am tired of seeing a thread every so often. Even better, potential Allied Race Megathread or subboard in like Lore or something.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    When there was leaks of Mag'har Orcs, there was good number of people saying they would be lead by Saurfang and be Alliance ... hell, Alliance Orcs have been requested by some since the beginning of BfA.
    most of those were people pissed about allied races, trolls or retarded people who think it was going to happen because fake rumors

It isn't going to die, I just wish it would get a Megathread like High Elves because I am tired of seeing a thread every so often. Even better, potential Allied Race Megathread or subboard in like Lore or something.
    they don't need his own megathread because it will not happen anyway and there is not even enough support for it

3+ Year Old Account

Horde got Thalassians, there's no more excuse to not give them Humans too
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Horde got Thalassians, there's no more excuse to not give them Humans too
    we can think of dozen excuses/reasons to not give then

I would rather they just get rid of the factions then to make something so forced like Horde Humans and Alliance Orcs

I absolutely despised that they made the light go full evil just to make the orcs into some innocent victims again. (Even though Grommash willingly genocides Draenai without Demon blood in WoD, so that line of thought goes out the window)

I miss the high fantasy elements, of having pure good for the sake of good. Story telling in general nowadays has been ruined by modern day "morally grey" TV shows and movies, no one can be good anymore. Something is secretly wrong with anyone claiming to be purely good and just.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I absolutely despised that they made the light go full evil just to make the orcs into some innocent victims again. (Even though Grommash willingly genocides Draenai without Demon blood in WoD, so that line of thought goes out the window)

I miss the high fantasy elements, of having pure good for the sake of good. Story telling in general nowadays has been ruined by modern day "morally grey" TV shows and movies, no one can be good anymore. Something is secretly wrong with anyone claiming to be purely good and just.
    the light is not awful, the users can be and its a core element of fantasy, people doing bad things whatever power they use

the concept of pure good for the sake of good is like to 12 years old

I actually like this idea considering I was going to make A post about the same thing haha.

Here are some characters I thought of for the Horde Alteraci Humans. Isiden Perenolde, Beve Perenolde, General Hath, Colonel Kavdan, Lady Arintol, Master Ryson & Lord Falconcrest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Mechagnomes have been in the story for forever and Vulpera were made up for BFA and yet they spent much more time making Vulpera an amazing race and turned mechagnomes into amputees who hide 90% of their armor. They could have atleast gave them a way to color their mechanical parts like the mechanocat or given them a third color option instead of rust and gold/silver.
    They already have 3 metal colors (Silver w/copper cogs/accents, Gold/Silver, and rusted) and they don't 'hide 90% of their armor'.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    But joking aside that Blizzard just slaps some element onto a race for Alliance and calls it good, I don't think they will give another lightforged race to the Alliance. Atleast not for quite some time.
    You mean like how they slapped some marks on tauren, gave em' moose antlers, and said 'Highmountain'? Or how they utterly phoned in Nightborne, to such a degree that they don't even fucking look like the Nightborne? Meanwhile alliance got the only fully NEW allied race in Kul Tirans, which use all-new models and animations.

It never fails to baffle me how people here confuse their personal preferences for like, the state of something. Maybe my signature needs to be a link to the definition of the word 'opinion'?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazindragon1737 View Post
    I actually like this idea considering I was going to make A post about the same thing haha.

Here are some characters I thought of for the Horde Alteraci Humans. Isiden Perenolde, Beve Perenolde, General Hath, Colonel Kavdan, Lady Arintol, Master Ryson & Lord Falconcrest
    I'm not sure yet what fate befalled Beve but I prefer to think she got swept down by Arthas when she tried to help the Lordaeron Refugees

My headcanon is that Isiden was simply shut off the Gilnean Gate outside after the events of Day of the Dragon. Then he simply settled around Southern Lordaeron after not wanting to do anything with the Perenoldes; he would be later be killed by Arthas and raised as a Death Knight and then he got defeated by Illidan and Malfurion. The existence of "Baron Perenolde" in the generic Death Knight names in WC3 supports my headcanon.

General Hath is a traitor for the Alteraci, I doubt they would want to accept him.

Isn't Lady Arintol a fanmade character in that custom campaign?

Oh yeah I forgot Master Ryson, since he no longer appears post-Vanilla, it's safe to assume he ditched the Syndicate and might have moved to the Ravenholdts or the Blackthorns and also took his own loyalists with him

Given his shock and futile attempts to vote no, Kavdan may have been against Perenolde's ways and he might have joined Hath in jumping ship to the Alliance of Lordaeron

- - - Updated - - -

the light is not awful, the users can be and its a core element of fantasy, people doing bad things whatever power they use
    I don't think the naaru are "just users" like aren't they manifestations of the Light itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Or how they utterly phoned in Nightborne, to such a degree that they don't even fucking look like the Nightborne?
    I'm not sure but aren't the playable Nightborne once rebels? Their not-so-good physique was due to the Nightfallen curse

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile alliance got the only fully NEW allied race in Kul Tirans, which use all-new models and animations.
    in that case that's one more reason for me to push for young humans to the Horde.
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-03-11 at 05:37 AM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I don't think the naaru are "just users" like aren't they manifestations of the Light itself?
    as far i know is the draenei and Yrel who did that, no the naaru, if you are talking about the illidan incident naaru are still sentient beings, not exactly "the light", and chaotic/lawful good still a thing in fantasy setting, in their eyes, they are trying to do the right thing, by any means necessary

in that case that's one more reason for me to push for young humans to the Horde.
    humans are an alliance race, orcs are a horde race, there is no ifs or buts, you don't just swamp the core races, the founders of the factions, just for giggles, its better just end he factions all together

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure but aren't the playable Nightborne once rebels? Their not-so-good physique was due to the Nightfallen curse
    I'm not talking about their bodies, I'm talking about the females and their terrible faces and O_O golf-ball eyes. They look nothing like the NPCs at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Story telling in general nowadays has been ruined by modern day "morally grey" TV shows and movies, no one can be good anymore. Something is secretly wrong with anyone claiming to be purely good and just.
    You can thank the vocal-anywhere-we-can-be-vocal morons that trash that kind of character nowadays. Look no further than this forum and all its screeching about Anduin being a goody two-shoes.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about their bodies, I'm talking about the females and their terrible faces and O_O golf-ball eyes. They look nothing like the NPCs at all.
    I see. Perhaps they're still thinking of possible customizations and/or saving it for a future update? Let's hope it doesn't take too long

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Maybe, but they'd not be the same orcs so I'm not sure they'd mind.
    Night elf fans seem to hate orcs as an entire species.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Perhaps they're still thinking of possible customizations and/or saving it for a future update? Let's hope it doesn't take too long
    Sadly, no allied race customization is planned for Shadowlands, per Blizz. Obviously they might change their mind (as they did with the new Draenei models arriving sooner than originally intended) but for the time being they don't seem to be interested in expanding on ARs.

Barely a month into Legion I was asking Blizz on Twitter/their forums to please consider making Nightborne playable, because I loved their story/zone/look. So it was just immensely disappointing to me that what we got didn't even look like them.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-11 at 03:03 PM.

They already have 3 metal colors (Silver w/copper cogs/accents, Gold/Silver, and rusted) and they don't 'hide 90% of their armor'.

You mean like how they slapped some marks on tauren, gave em' moose antlers, and said 'Highmountain'? Or how they utterly phoned in Nightborne, to such a degree that they don't even fucking look like the Nightborne? Meanwhile alliance got the only fully NEW allied race in Kul Tirans, which use all-new models and animations.

It never fails to baffle me how people here confuse their personal preferences for like, the state of something. Maybe my signature needs to be a link to the definition of the word 'opinion'?
    My bad the "copper" on the silver looked gold to me. They could have done more anyways. And It's not 90% its more like 35-45%. They have a diaper, belt, chest, shoulder,cloak and helm they can transmog.

Blizzard literally said they changed the entire lore of Kul'Tirans and made em big and fat so they had a big fat rig for future races (aka ogres or Mok'nathal). Maybe do some research on why they even exist the way they do before crying about Alliance getting the "only new one". Or how bout we have them make Ogres playable but we give them new lore where they are all stick thin and 20 feet tall with a giraffe neck so they get to be "new" as well?

Highmountain and Mag'har versus Void Elves, Lightforged, Dark Iron, and Mechagnome. And at least Highmountain existed in the game for more then a single npc in a single patch and were tied to their actual reputation unlike Void Elves who were tied to the Argussian Reach a faction of Broken because i guess Alleria met them once???

Its funny you claim other peoples personal preferences are the state of something and yet claim Nightborne look like shit as if its a fact. It's even funnier when you try to call my out on my hyperbole and then claim Nightborne look nothing like the NPC's. Personally I like my Nightborne.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-03-11 at 05:38 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    A for effort but I want races that require a new rig, model, new animations, new everything.