Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    How... you literally get a pop up the first time you log onto a character for the first time this patching saying OMG get this new cloak!!!
    This assumes that people actually read that pop up. I don't, so why would I ever assume that the casuals would?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE | I might make you angry but I'm right.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there is, from heroic.
    didnt know that. good that i have couple of mln gold laying around so just gonna buy boost .dont need cloak for that.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    As the title suggests, LFR N'zoth is the raid killer this time around. First you have to spend 5 minutes kicking everyone who doesn't have the cloak, since it's a REQUIREMENT for this part of the raid. Then you have to spend another 10 minutes kicking the new people who joined without cloaks and then explaining the mechanics of the various phases...then immediately wipe because people aren't clicking on their bodies at the end of p1, or aren't replenishing their sanity when they emerge.

    The LFR I was just in wiped 17 times before I decided to call it quits, and they BARELY got N'zoth down to 90% the second time he was vulnerable. After that half the raid almost immediately died due to various mechanics that they weren't paying attention to.

    4-5 people left after each wipe, which kicked off the whole "kick those without cloaks and explain the raid" thing every time. I spent 3 hours on that one boss that--while difficult--should not be so impossible for LFR.

    I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak or reduce the sanity drain of various abilities as well as possibly reducing the health of N'zoth and/or Psychus by the time next week rolls around. It's simply nigh impossible to do with a random group as it stands.
    If I ever do lfr for any reason I give it a 4 wipe max. Last tier I couldnt get lucky enough for a razor coral and the lfr was better than what I had so I did that every week. Besides that i tend to avoid lfr.

  4. #244
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,095
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    didnt know that. good that i have couple of mln gold laying around so just gonna buy boost .dont need cloak for that.
    you should probably get it, just to make it slightly easier for the group carrying you

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This assumes that people actually read that pop up. I don't, so why would I ever assume that the casuals would?
    Ignorance generally isn't accepted as a valid excuse though. Not only is it posted when you log in, it was also made into an article.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, they do a decent job telling you what questline to do in patches with a big "START THIS QUEST" window when you first log in.
    But for a new player, just dinged 120, where do they start and what should they do daily for power progression?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    But for a new player, just dinged 120, where do they start and what should they do daily for power progression?
    Read the blizzard article that was on the launcher? They're trying to get everything out there without you having to go to a third party.

  8. #248
    Mechagnome Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    But for a new player, just dinged 120, where do they start and what should they do daily for power progression?
    DUde.... its so straightforward if that people dont get AT LEAST A WEAPON 375 AND THE CLOAK its means they dont want to play the game.
    You 120, you get nathanos/alliance equivalent questline to Nazjatar (if you are a fresh player you need to get WQs unlocked i believe too) then you need to do ESSENCE QUESTLINE ON HIGHMOUNTAIN, THEN The Nzoth Questline appears. Its so easy it baffles me how people are so.... ugh.
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2020-03-11 at 05:15 PM.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    it was also made into an article.
    I am of the opinion that most players don't seek out information online.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  10. #250
    I don't think it goes higher than 10. After 10, I stayed for 5 or 6 more wipes and it didn't go higher. We also had many people instant MC since they didn't even have the cloak.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I am of the opinion that most players don't seek out information online.
    Which brings about the first part of my post "Ignorance isn't an Excuse".

    Try telling a cop you "didn't read the law" or fighting with blizzard cause they banned you for breaking ToS because you "didn't read it"

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Read the blizzard article that was on the launcher? They're trying to get everything out there without you having to go to a third party.
    Not good enough for a new player as it assumes you have done all the prerequisites to start unlocking the cloak. I mean an addon for a new new players. This is their first time capping a character, don't know what Nazjatar is, what's a legendary? How do some players fly? Where can I get bigger bags?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    DUde.... its so straightforward if that people dont get AT LEAST A WEAPON 375 AND THE CLOAK its means they dont want to play the game.
    You 120, you get nathanos/alliance equivalent questline to Nazjatar (if you are a fresh player you need to get WQs unlocked i believe too) then you need to do ESSENCE QUESTLINE ON HIGHMOUNTAIN, THEN The Nzoth Questline appears. Its so easy it baffles me how people are so.... ugh.
    Yeah that, that's what the addon would tell them.

    Oh shit son you're 120! Congrats, see you don't have WQs unlocked, here's what you do big dog.

    When I first started I didn't know shit and I didn't know where to go to even find out what I wanted to know. The addon would checklist them through everything they should do to be powerful in the World of Warcraft and unlock all the relevant content.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-03-11 at 05:27 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    didnt know that. good that i have couple of mln gold laying around so just gonna buy boost .dont need cloak for that.
    Just tell the group that's boosting you that you don't have cloak, they should let you pull the boss so you're loot eligible.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    To me one of the most fun things in the game is encountering new content and figuring it out.
    Are you one of those tanks that queue up LFR and begin with asking "tactics?" before every boss?

    I mean dps can have that mentality in lfr to some extent without causing too much problems, but tanks without any clue will just make it suck.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I hate that mentality. To me one of the most fun things in the game is encountering new content and figuring it out.

    One of the least fun things is reading a 1000 word wowhead guide before you walk in.
    Don't you think there's a small difference between reading a 1000 word guide and just reading the adventurer's journal available in game? To have at least some grasp about the fight? You're not the only player in the group, other people don't have to deal with your laziness because "yolo".

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Read the blizzard article that was on the launcher? They're trying to get everything out there without you having to go to a third party.
    Too much effort bro, and the big pop up at 8.3 launch wasn't enough. How much hand holding Blizzard has to do nowadays?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-11 at 06:12 PM.

  16. #256
    Mechagnome Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Not good enough for a new player as it assumes you have done all the prerequisites to start unlocking the cloak. I mean an addon for a new new players. This is their first time capping a character, don't know what Nazjatar is, what's a legendary? How do some players fly? Where can I get bigger bags?



    Yeah that, that's what the addon would tell them.

    Oh shit son you're 120! Congrats, see you don't have WQs unlocked, here's what you do big dog.

    When I first started I didn't know shit and I didn't know where to go to even find out what I wanted to know. The addon would checklist them through everything they should do to be powerful in the World of Warcraft and unlock all the relevant content.
    Its impossible, 15 years that this game tells you what to do, thats why mmorpgs mock WoW saying its a theme park game. I have a friend that told me he saw a 120 with legion artifact with no cloak in the Nzoth fight.... seriusly? ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE unless he just runned Heroics with no luck for a weapon then meet the ILVL for Nzoth. WICH STILL MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE THE INTRODUCTORY QUESTLINE OF THIS TRASH EXPANSION GIVES YOU A BETTER WEAPON ON ILVL

    WTF DUDE. Even that when you reach 120 YOU HAVE A FRICKING NPC IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN SAYING SHAMPIOM GO THIS WAY, OR THAT WAY, SEE THIS EPIC CINEMATIC DO THIS DO THAT.

    Your argument comes from somone that got carried by its guildies and therefore those friends are duchebags by not telling you, hey you need Nazjatar, hey you need essences, hey you need your fucking cloak.

  17. #257
    Hm... how didnt every clown got cloak by now?! I mean im a clown this expansion (i dont raid), i didnt even do single LFR (i think), my gear is assaults/visions (~450ilvl) and i have rank14 cloak, with neck lvl82 or 83 (dont remember)... it takes like no effort at all... I was considering to do nzoth lfr just for corrupted weapon, but reading this i guess im gonna skip it for a while

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Its impossible, 15 years that this game tells you what to do, thats why mmorpgs mock WoW saying its a theme park game. I have a friend that told me he saw a 120 with legion artifact with no cloak in the Nzoth fight.... seriusly? ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE unless he just runned Heroics with no luck for a weapon then meet the ILVL for Nzoth. WICH STILL MAKES NO SENSE BECAUSE THE INTRODUCTORY QUESTLINE OF THIS TRASH EXPANSION GIVES YOU A BETTER WEAPON ON ILVL
    Ask your friend if he was from a Brazilian realm lol

    WTF DUDE. Even that when you reach 120 YOU HAVE A FRICKING NPC IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN SAYING SHAMPIOM GO THIS WAY, OR THAT WAY, SEE THIS EPIC CINEMATIC DO THIS DO THAT.

    Your argument comes from somone that got carried by its guildies and therefore those friends are duchebags by not telling you, hey you need Nazjatar, hey you need essences, hey you need your fucking cloak.
    I mean, I don't need it but some people might though you can't help everyone

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Hm... how didnt every clown got cloak by now?!
    Maybe it's an alt and they don't want to do it on them

    I mean im a clown this expansion (i dont raid), i didnt even do single LFR (i think), my gear is assaults/visions (~450ilvl) and i have rank14 cloak, with neck lvl82 or 83 (dont remember)... it takes like no effort at all
    Ease of content isn't the only factor, there's time as well and I've seen plenty of people say they aren't going to bother with the cloak on alts.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  19. #259
    Herald of the Titans Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,979
    I tried giving LFR a go just to see if this was true
    I got 23 wipes in 20 minutes
    I seriously never experienced something similar

    I zoned in at 10 stacks of Determination already. And then I saw:
    -People without the legendary cape
    -People throwing themselves at the boss even before the group being full
    -People not going back to their body during Phase 1

    I know it's LFR but holy shit, this is a new kind of disease
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I tried giving LFR a go just to see if this was true
    I got 23 wipes in 20 minutes
    I seriously never experienced something similar

    I zoned in at 10 stacks of Determination already. And then I saw:
    -People without the legendary cape
    -People throwing themselves at the boss even before the group being full
    -People not going back to their body during Phase 1

    I know it's LFR but holy shit, this is a new kind of disease
    Corona has invaded WoW. Quick, everyone buy Augment runes for 700g each off the AH, better stock pile 'em!
    Blizzard has announced the hotfix, should make it to a bluepost soon. However, even with 25 cloaks this fight looks like a headache on LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •