I tried giving LFR a go just to see if this was true
    I got 23 wipes in 20 minutes
    I seriously never experienced something similar

I zoned in at 10 stacks of Determination already. And then I saw:
    -People without the legendary cape
    -People throwing themselves at the boss even before the group being full
    -People not going back to their body during Phase 1

I know it's LFR but holy shit, this is a new kind of disease
    Pretty sure at that point there must have been active trolls. Less than a minute per wipe and reset seems like it would take more of a concerted effort than just doing things correctly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Maybe it's an alt and they don't want to do it on them

Ease of content isn't the only factor, there's time as well and I've seen plenty of people say they aren't going to bother with the cloak on alts.
    I understand they cant be arsed to level it, since doing daily crap in uldum/vale becomes shitty and boring VERY fast and those dailys wont see me ever again after next week (technically i could stop now since i have ~50k of visions saved)... but getting base cloak is what? like ~2h of questing? and if i remember correctly base level is 470... so you get cloak you will never replace in ~2h... i mean i see no reason not geting cloak for 2h of "work" and wasting time in LFR trying to gear char at same time for 430-440 items... this is what i dont understand.... cloak is guaranteed 470 item for finishing quest line, while LFR is lottery for 430-440 items....

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Pretty sure at that point there must have been active trolls. Less than a minute per wipe and reset seems like it would take more of a concerted effort than just doing things correctly. :P
    Exactly my thoughts, its nearly impossible that people on LFR do that because they actually want to die at the boss. Its just people trolling the LFR players. I know some are bad, but we are not giving enough credits to the "spergarmy". The only we can hope for the LFR dilema its blizzard making the cloak a must before entering the LFR and a higher Item Lvl beyond 415. Maybe 420 or 425.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    I wonder what were Blizzard thinking was gonna happen letting people queue without the cloak.
    They were thinking "that guy is going to get MCed". What do you think they were thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are missing the flipside though - that players who have done everything right are punished. And as usual, you grossly downplay how long it takes - considering it legitimately can take 1-2 hours if you know what you are doing - there was no need to make such a false and silly claim like "20 mins"
    It took me 30 mins to do the quest with a mage friend porting me around, because 80% of the cloak quest is travel. Don't tell me it takes 2 hours "if you know what you're doing" because I clearly do know what I'm doing, and you clearly do not.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Why are they doing this? LFR is for afking clowning not raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Are you one of those tanks that queue up LFR and begin with asking "tactics?" before every boss?

I mean dps can have that mentality in lfr to some extent without causing too much problems, but tanks without any clue will just make it suck.
    Indeed I am! Most players are like that in my experience...

Lol one time way back when LFR mattered I went in there on a tank alt, and as many, many tanks do, I asked the other tank for advice and he put out something in raid chat saying they should kick me because I didn’t know the fight.

I’m not saying I do everything perfect but I’m a quick learner and I find reading about a fight to be super boring. The journal is fine because it’s incomplete.

I am also happy to train other tanks who don’t know fights and have shielded learning tanks from vengeful impatient dps on more than one occasion.

An actual kick is rare though - no one wants to wait a long time for the next tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    So they actually left that in while allowing que without cloak? That's absolutely hilarious In sad and incompetent way.
    They already hotfixed this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Indeed I am! Most players are like that in my experience...

Lol one time way back when LFR mattered I went in there on a tank alt, and as many, many tanks do, I asked the other tank for advice and he put out something in raid chat saying they should kick me because I didn’t know the fight.

I’m not saying I do everything perfect but I’m a quick learner and I find reading about a fight to be super boring. The journal is fine because it’s incomplete.

I am also happy to train other tanks who don’t know fights and have shielded learning tanks from vengeful impatient dps on more than one occasion.

An actual kick is rare though - no one wants to wait a long time for the next tank.
    If you're too lazy to watch a single YouTube video before queueing, then yeah. You should be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well if you were expecting to just walk on in and clear it like BWL I guess you deserve to wipe 17 times. But I agree with that other random. You shouldn't be able to queue without a cloak.
    Hahaha. Okay now that is hilarious. I'm not one to argue that BWL is hard, but it's 100% been harder than anything in LFR since Siege of Orgrimmar. Also this is LFR. You are actually expected to walk in and clear it. Blizzard have said this since they introduced LFR. Nice one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    It took me 30 mins to do the quest with a mage friend porting me around, because 80% of the cloak quest is travel. Don't tell me it takes 2 hours "if you know what you're doing" because I clearly do know what I'm doing, and you clearly do not.
    This is absolutely unrealistic and "silly". Imagine a LFR raider without cloak by now who has a mage friend who ports him everywhere so he can blast through the scenarios and invasions in 30 minutes. AHAHAHHAHAH That surely happened. 100%.

Nice try tho.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I had a friend in late MoP who was in a world top 30 guild and I had to explain to him why we were attacking Orgrimmar. He only vaguely knew who Thrall was.
    Orc man bad

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    There were, in fact, at least 3 trolls who pulled on purpose. But even then, when they were kicked out, people would join in without the Cape

And at this point, people joining without the cape may be a new way of trolling
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Was this your first cloak? It's probably easier the second or third time around. The mage friend is also hilarious... let me just pull this mage friend out of my pocket.

It took me 30 mins to do the quest with a mage friend porting me around, because 80% of the cloak quest is travel.
    And that's why this quest is boring and many people won't bother doing it especially on alts. Who in Blizzard thought it's exciting to fly back and forth between zones for majority of your 8.3 story "experience".

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    I wonder what were Blizzard thinking was gonna happen letting people queue without the cloak.
    Simple, they released the raid without the cloak requirement and hotfixed it in like 1-2 days after launch to FORCE people to get the cloak (because probably they saw data how many people skipped it when the news hit that the sanity protection is only for visions not for Nzoth), typical Blizzard hubris "players don't wanna do content, instead of wondering what did we do wrong just up the rewards and add punishment for not doing it". And of course forgot about this change and possible consequences of it, while LFR was ticking down on its timegate.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-03-11 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    If you're too lazy to watch a single YouTube video before queueing, then yeah. You should be kicked.
    How utterly boring. Who killed your sense of adventure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

The only time LFR was tuned properly was in Pandaria @ Throne of Thunder; it was perfect. After that, you had undertuned braindead WoD and now the retardedly overtuned N"Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And that's why this quest is boring and many people won't bother doing it especially on alts. Who in Blizzard thought it's exciting to fly back and forth between zones for majority of your 8.3 story "experience".
    And yet people claim this as the pinnacle of game design in vanilla. Remember Linken's quest, or the Shimmering Flats taking place in half the zones of the Eastern Kingdoms? Why is it ok in vanilla be bad in BFA besides people using double standards?
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

Why is it ok in vanilla be bad in BFA besides people using double standards?
    Different games, mate.

You also don't pour chocolate sauce over a sausage because it works so well on Vanilla icecream.

And yet people claim this as the pinnacle of game design in vanilla. Remember Linken's quest, or the Shimmering Flats taking place in half the zones of the Eastern Kingdoms? Why is it ok in vanilla be bad in BFA besides people using double standards?
    Classic is paced very differently. It’s jarring to go from the extreme speed of retail to suddenly flying all over and taking your time. In classic, its in line with the rest of the experience so it doesn’t feel odd. Classic also has this quest spread happening all the time, so you are rarely doing these flights for one quest. You are usually strategizing your travel to advance multiple quests at once. For example, the shimmering flats do send you to Stranglethorn but it’s not like Stranglethorn has nothing else going on at that level. You go there and there are some other things to do while you are there.

Also, very few quests in classic are part of long chains, so saying “eh fuck that” and dropping the quest is almost always a viable option. In retail you basically have to do almost every quest.

Is it true that you can go in with 300 corruption, get insta mind-controlled and wipe the raid?