Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The chaotic evil part of me wants them to keep it as is because it's honestly hilarious

But the rational part of me wants them to hurry up and fix it
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then don't have an alt if you don't want to do stuff.
    I want to farm appearances.

I am baffled. Both some comments and claims here, as well the sheer lack of commitment of players.

Getting the Cloak takes between 1 and 3 hours. 1 hour if you already did it once with another char. You can skip a good chunk of scenarios by talking to the npc. I bet many don't even know that.

The Cloak exists for a while now, even closing in to its final major upgrade, people not having it but joining LFR Nzoth is beyond me.
    If you can't bring up the dedication to get the Cloak, there's absolutely no place for someone to go LFR.

The encounter should exactly stay like it is. Just so I can laugh at people complain about being mind controlled from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    It just tells a lot about a playerbase when a 1 1/2 hour questline for a major upgrade and in this case necessity is too much to ask, if you want to complete the whole lfr and add up que times you can basically do it before reaching the last wing.
    This is the same player base where half of them bitched about the whole "Do one clear of the weekly vision or kill N'zoth on normal or above to upgrade cloak slightly." for being a massive grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep it in as-is, but perhaps they should prevent being able to queue without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People complaining about lfr.. big yikes

Imagine a world where you are literally handed free loot.. and people are actually still angry about it..

Don’t get me wrong I know where OP is going with this but uhhhhhh - I mean even heroic is a joke with all of these cloaks, essences, and op AF corruptions.. can you imagine what it will be like when everyone can run R3 of every item and the boss just dies like bosses on classic?

Big yikes

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Imagine a world where you are literally handed free loot.. and people are actually still angry about it..
    The hilarious part, LFR is not even required for gearing. Alone doing worldquests gives you plenty of loot.
    M+0, arguably easier than LFR imo, gives the same itemlevel.
    On that note, emissaries even reward you with 445 items, if you geared high enough.

I geared a twink to 448 by simply doing the invasions, emissaries and four m+0 for the weekly quest to get an heroic raid item. I was once in LFR out of accident, didn't realized only drops 430.

I only would go LFR for the trinkets... That's about it.

Isnt lfr supposed to be storymode? You should only have a glorified dummy bosses in there that do some abilities that look like something, but arent really dangerous?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I maxed on stacks of determination so I feel you.
    That's actually possible? Oh my. Think the most I've ever gotten to the past 10 years is like 8 on Durumu back in ToT..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    That's actually possible? Oh my. Think the most I've ever gotten to the past 10 years is like 8 on Durumu back in ToT..

Not me, but a friend.

Durumu and Archimonde both brought my groups to 10 many a time
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Of course some people will do the 8.3 unlock line multiple times, but my surface observation is that's seen as crazytalk and should (and has yet to) be sufficiently shortcutted.
    Eh, it's been shortcutted with the skips. It only takes about 20-40 minutes at that and most of that is just flying. You really on have to do Uldum/Vale assault and BWD. Other than that it's easy/skippable.

Meh... one of the things I want to complete before my sub runs out is to see the story end, which is killing n'zoth. I suppose I will have to just go in there and stay until its done and prepare a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Honestly? Yes. Unless this game suddenly institutes the aforementioned FFXIV-like levels of personal gating to filter us from each other until we know what we are doing, the proper response to respect time investment is to make it foolproof, because some people are fools, and LFR is the access level tier for this content.

Just my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree.
    And if you make something foolproof, you'll meet better fools. As in, ones that can "beat" the proofing.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I hope they keep it in as-is, but perhaps they should prevent being able to queue without it.
    I can't imagine it's that hard for them to do. They already ilvl gate the LFR. If they're going to be insistent about having to use certain items then they need to make it so that it isn't opt-in.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    I am baffled. Both some comments and claims here, as well the sheer lack of commitment of players.

Getting the Cloak takes between 1 and 3 hours. 1 hour if you already did it once with another char. You can skip a good chunk of scenarios by talking to the npc. I bet many don't even know that.

The Cloak exists for a while now, even closing in to its final major upgrade, people not having it but joining LFR Nzoth is beyond me.
    If you can't bring up the dedication to get the Cloak, there's absolutely no place for someone to go LFR.

The encounter should exactly stay like it is. Just so I can laugh at people complain about being mind controlled from the get go.
    The problem isn’t that people aren’t happy they get insta mind controlled. The thing is that it screws over everyone else in the raid that has the cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the biggest thing would be to put a "cape required" on the final wing in addition to the I level req. Past that I do expect N'zoth to have his damaged lowered a bit in LFR, even at 10 stacks its amazing how fast the group can drop. Also wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the first pool a bit, or just make it's sanity drain negligible, because LFR loves to drop it on the bodies......

Was in one tonight that hit 10 and was stuck there for another 7 wipes, at which point I ditched the group.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-03-11 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    As the title suggests, LFR N'zoth is the raid killer this time around. First you have to spend 5 minutes kicking everyone who doesn't have the cloak, since it's a REQUIREMENT for this part of the raid. Then you have to spend another 10 minutes kicking the new people who joined without cloaks and then explaining the mechanics of the various phases...then immediately wipe because people aren't clicking on their bodies at the end of p1, or aren't replenishing their sanity when they emerge.

The LFR I was just in wiped 17 times before I decided to call it quits, and they BARELY got N'zoth down to 90% the second time he was vulnerable. After that half the raid almost immediately died due to various mechanics that they weren't paying attention to.

4-5 people left after each wipe, which kicked off the whole "kick those without cloaks and explain the raid" thing every time. I spent 3 hours on that one boss that--while difficult--should not be so impossible for LFR.

I fully expect that Blizz will either block people from queueing if they don't have the cloak or reduce the sanity drain of various abilities as well as possibly reducing the health of N'zoth and/or Psychus by the time next week rolls around. It's simply nigh impossible to do with a random group as it stands.
    holy shit a prerequisite item that is necessary for a raid? wtf is this, blackwing lair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    holy shit a prerequisite item that is necessary for a raid? wtf is this, blackwing lair?
    Honestly only a few people actually needed the cape there, everyone else just needs to avoid the fire breath...

And then people say I'm "elitist as hell" when i call LFR out for the cesspool it is.

You literally get the start of the cloak questline handed to you when you first log in to 8.3, which is now almost 2 months ago.

If you can't be bothered to finish that and still want to kill the final boss of the expansion, then I don't know what to say anymore.