Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Actions Taken Against Unfair Gameplay

Actions Taken Against Unfair Gameplay
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Yesterday, we issued numerous suspensions to WoW accounts that were found to be violating our Code of Conduct. Affected players were e-mailed with details about the violation and suspension – a great many of which were found to be using anti-AFK cheats or bots that automate movement, especially in Alterac Valley.

This was the most-recent in a series of similar actions we’ve taken to address unfair gameplay in WoW Classic.

Please be reminded that using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

We’ll continue to monitor reports of and take actions against players who circumvent AFK rules. If you come across a player violating the Code of Conduct policies, please report them.

Thank you.

Prepare for the "I was banned and I don't know whyyyyy!"-threads!

Good on them. Hope the cheaters got kicked and kicked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Prepare for the "I was banned and I don't know whyyyyy!"-threads!

Good on them. Hope the cheaters got kicked and kicked good.
    I'm already refreshing YouTube for the next Linus Tech Tips video. :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Does WoW even have enough players to continue banning people all willy-nilly?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    No. In fact, early estimates show this ban may have affected as many as 1 players. Going by forum experts, this is roughly 50% of the current player base. Unbelievable, really.

Absolutely not on retail. The last time I saw permanent NEVER OVERTURNED bans was back in early MoP.

Now? The most serious offenses get 3 months lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Absolutely not on retail. The last time I saw permanent NEVER OVERTURNED bans was back in early MoP.

Try a fishbot for a day or 2 and get perma baned for like 5k gold lmao
    I.O BFA Season 3

It's really weird how they'll perma ban some random people even if it's the first time yet some other people that have been botting for years and years, banned multiple time for few days, only get banned for 3-6 months... Or read reddits and see people saying they currently have X account banned for few more months while they are botting on a different account and they'll go back to their main account when ban is over. Rince and Repeat.
    It's really weird...

There's been a few stationary druids in the same guild spamming starfall and farming quills in drustvar for hours on end on my server. Reported them a few weeks back, gone now. *rubs chin*

5+ Year Old Account
    Are you forreal lol?

Blizzard banning ppl doing something wrong isnt a negative no matter what you think about them.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Blatant lies. But, what else to expect from someone having sung "NoT EnOuGh PlAyErS LeL" for 10 years.
    There are even regular threads on official forums/Reddit by people having been caught by the permaban-system whilst innocent. Nevermind a certain website where cheaters congregate.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, clearly.

And "willy-nilly"? Seems they've banned exactly the kinds of players that deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No. In fact, early estimates show this ban may have affected as many as 1 players. Going by forum experts, this is roughly 50% of the current player base. Unbelievable, really.
    Be careful, some of these posters will start quoting your obvious joke as gospel to support their long-running bias.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-11 at 01:27 AM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

People get perma-banned all the time. Seriously just try botting in any way that gives you a direct gain (like a Fishing bot, as Ferals says), and see how long you get banned for - because it's going to be permanently.

"The most serious offences" certainly don't get "3 months", because that's not how Blizzard's penalty system has ever worked. Three months is one of those penalties you can basically only get if you've already been in trouble repeatedly, and you could get it for abusing people in /general if you did it enough times.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Cheat, get banned ... how is this a hard concept to understand? Depending on the level of offense, I am okay with different levels of banning.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Blatant lies. But, what else to expect from someone having sung "NoT EnOuGh PlAyErS LeL" for 10 years.
    There are even regular threads on official forums/Reddit by people having been caught by the permaban-system whilst innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, clearly.

And "willy-nilly"? Seems they've banned exactly the kinds of players that deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful, some of these posters will start quoting your obvious joke as gospel to support their long-running bias.
    Right.. a built in system where they very likely get overturned into a 2 week ban lmao.

PS: I liked your sig that showed a whopping 6 people in Duskwood, all from different realms too thanks to CRZ. Comedy gold lmao

Right.. a built in system where they very likely get overturned into a 2 week ban lmao.

PS: I liked your sig that showed a whopping 6 people in Duskwood, all from different realms too thanks to CRZ. Comedy gold lmao
    Only the innocent gets it overturned after a review. Facts are difficult for some people I suppose.
    As for my sig, glad it was entertaining, because it still proved you and the rest wrong, and those were players sat still, the stream is ever-going. CRZ = moving goalposts, zones are either populated, or not.
    Am switching to a /who-series though, already proving sadsacks wrong with the first shots taken. Nevermind doing it in current-content zones.

But alas, some kinds of people are simply too far gone to learn. How sad.

No tears on the common cheating sites. Feelsbadmen. Wonder who was actually banned.

Only the innocent gets it overturned after a review. Facts are difficult for some people I suppose.
    As for my sig, glad it was entertaining. Am switching to a /who-series though, already proving sadsacks wrong with the first shots taken. Nevermind doing it in current-content zones.

But alas, some kinds of people are simply too far gone to learn. How sad.
    Yeah that’s doubtful.

I’m also really glad you included that /who in the photo you so graciously took.

Oh wait, you didn’t.

Sadsacks, l.m.f.a.o

Looking forward to the /who showing 5-6 people though!

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Cheat, get banned ... how is this a hard concept to understand? Depending on the level of offense, I am okay with different levels of banning.
    There's always those trying to turn it into a negative, maybe they've been hit themselves and feel bitter.

There's always those trying to turn it into a negative, maybe they've been hit themselves and feel bitter.
    I have a really good idea, I’m sure you’ve thought of it, but it’s good - listen.

On your new /who series with photos and stuff, do it during STV’s Fishing Tournament. No one will know and it’ll make the photo look legit!

Yeah that’s doubtful.

I’m also really glad you included that /who in the photo you so graciously took.

Oh wait, you didn’t.

Sadsacks, l.m.f.a.o

Looking forward to the /who showing 5-6 people though!

Now you're just proving you can't or won't read written text properly. I'm glad however that it triggers people, that's inevitable when some have been constantly proved wrong in their narrative for X amount of years.

Oh well. And yes, sadsacks, or just sad sack. It's a real term.

/bored, have fun. The speed at which you're replying is beyond hilarious!

Edit: This was taken during the same evening as the one showing "6 people and CRZ"*.

So, "sadsacks" proven wrong indeed.

*Not part of my new photo session, showing x crowd equally wrong.

__________________________________________________________________________________

And here's one of the new (shot this week) /who shots. Someone's eating crow toniiiight.

Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-11 at 05:38 PM.