Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Now you're just proving you can't or won't read written text properly. I'm glad however that it triggers people, that's inevitable when some have been constantly proved wrong in their narrative for X amount of years.

Oh well. And yes, sadsacks, or just sad sack. It's a real term.

/bored, have fun. The speed at which you're replying is beyond hilarious!
    You as well, it always takes two to tango!

I’m just mildly curious why you didn’t include it in the first place o.o.. it’s hilarious nonetheless.

I look forward to your series though, a true Blizzard White Knight.

Edit: you’re not replying now to prove a point >.>
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-03-11 at 01:57 AM.

engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.
    But of course multiboxing is OK

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare for the "I was banned and I don't know whyyyyy!"-threads!

Good on them. Hope the cheaters got kicked and kicked good.
    This. When we had the KR version of AV that everyone was using to level alts, I ended up in games where there were like 15-18 AFK people, just on our team. It was infuriating... Blizz is right to ban players like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No tears on the common cheating sites. Feelsbadmen. Wonder who was actually banned.
    I really hope they caught a certain group of people who were even arrogant enough to tell people IN-GAME that they could get away with using certain bots...

I'm also sure that quite a fair amount of people fall for the "100% un-detectable"-tag that some bots are advertised with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love to see cheaters get banned

Happy all those reports finally made a difference

I got banned and I don't know why!!

/reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Great, now about the rampant botting of herbs in Nazjatar on retail...
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This. When we had the KR version of AV that everyone was using to level alts, I ended up in games where there were like 15-18 AFK people, just on our team. It was infuriating... Blizz is right to ban players like that.
    Not sure they'll ban people simply being AFK unless they also used a bot to stop themselves from getting AFK-tagged.
    I'd laugh like hell if they did though. And I'm completely sure that a fair amount of the people afking, used bots to not get tagged and booted.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People get perma-banned all the time. Seriously just try botting in any way that gives you a direct gain (like a Fishing bot, as Ferals says), and see how long you get banned for - because it's going to be permanently.
    If only.

blizzard is really not harsh enough with their punishments.

i remember i botted back in legion, leveled 7 characters to cap. I got banned for 6 months, when i came back none of my characters were deleted or even rolled back.

it's pretty hard to tell people they shouldn't bot when there's much to gain and little to lose
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-03-11 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Great, now about the rampant botting of herbs in Nazjatar on retail...
    Agreed.

Can't count the amount of blatant botters I've met during my long, loooooooooong stints of farming in that zone...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

i remember i botted back in legion, leveled 7 characters to cap. I got banned for 6 months, when i came back none of my characters were deleted or even rolled back.

it's pretty hard to tell people they shouldn't bot when there's much to gain and little to lose
    "If only" - They do. I wouldn't advice anyone to test the system.

Was it your first offense?

Perhaps they take into account how your actions impacted other players, but they definitely also look at whether you're a first, second or third-time sinner.
    If someone thinks that losing their account permanently is worth it, that's just how the cookie crumbles.

But the only ones I've seen with zero care, would be the ones making real-life money off of botting/selling boosts in this game. And yes, considering where those people tend to be from and the money one can earn, I'm not surprised that they can't care less if they lose an account forever.

From the User License Agreement:

Termination

You are entitled to terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying Blizzard by email at support@blizzard.com.

Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blizzard may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting an Account.

In the event of a termination of this Agreement, any right you may have had to any pre-purchased Game access or virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc., are forfeit, and you agree and acknowledge that you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts which were pre-paid on your Account prior to any termination of this Agreement. In addition, you will not be able to use the Platform.

_______________________________________________________________________________

So... Link that to anyone thinking "a bit of botting won't hurt, right?".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-11 at 02:36 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is classic, these are perma bans, right? RIGHT?

#nochanges

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah every time I see one of these on Reddit you know these people did some bad shit

Quote Originally Posted by Monosex View Post
    well it does fall under the rules,a person is controling them all,unless its a bot its not against the rules...and i rly dont think the argument ''duh blizz is ok cuz 10 account more mony lulz'' as this argument can work for boting as well....those people using bots buy a ton of accounts,so why is blizz baning those if they just luz dem monyz,the problem is blizz is just lazy to adress this,multiboxing is only really an issue for herbs and mines

I'd remind you the last time this happened it was a hoax and no one had actually done anything. Blizzard just got fooled. And people like you were self-righteously indulging in revenge fantasies about an event that never happened. It is pathetic, stop it.

I'd add that Blizzard have no idea how to detect botting and do in fact regularly ban people who farm in an obsessive/compulsive but legal manner for long periods. But you know, carry on reflexively cheerleading for petty authority, it couldn't possibly be the case that Blizzard of all companies could be incompetent and might be punishing the wrong people...if they even exist.
    Last edited by Virthas; 2020-03-11 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virthas View Post
    I'd remind you the last time this happened it was a hoax and no one had actually done anything. Blizzard just got fooled. And people like you were self-righteously indulging in revenge fantasies about an event that never happened. It is pathetic, stop it.

I'd add that Blizzard have no idea how to detect botting. But you know, carry on reflexively cheerleading for petty authority, it couldn't possibly be the case that Blizzard of all companies could be incompetent and might be punishing the wrong people...if they even exist.
    As predicted.
    The day I'll take orders from people such as yourself has not yet arrived and it never shall. Bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monosex View Post
    What an idiotic statement. Do you even realize that it's not easy to be able to have 5 accounts and maintain all at the same time regardless of what outcomes they may be able to achieve?.

If only.

Blizzard make more money with banwaves. If they stop people botting altogether-which,lets be clear, they don't have the competence to do without a ton of false positives, they cut off a huge source of revenue.

If only.

Blizzard make more money with banwaves. If they stop people botting altogether-which,lets be clear, they don't have the competence to do without a ton of false positives, they cut off a huge source of revenue.

If only.

how is losing 6 months not lost time enough?you can level 7 chars in less than a month,my guess is you didnt gain anything much besides the levels and that why nothing was rolledback,your rolleback was the lost 6 months on those chars

As predicted.
    The day I'll take orders from people such as yourself has not yet arrived and it never shall. Bye now.
    I'm not giving you orders. I'm saying you sound like an idiot. You are perfectly at liberty to carry on being an idiot.