Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Trump tests negative for coronavirus, White House doctor says

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/14/trum...ctor-says.html

President Donald Trump has tested negative for the coronavirus, according to the White House physician.

Trump opted to take the test after the press secretary for Brazil’s president tested positive for the virus. Trump dined with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro and his press secretary at Mar-a-Lago. Bolsonaro said Friday that he tested negative for the virus.

Trump had said earlier Saturday that he had taken a test for the coronavirus and was awaiting results. He said he had decided he would do so after a press conference Friday, in which he was pressed on whether he would take a test. One reporter asked whether he was being “selfish” by not getting tested – even when other administration officials advised self-isolation after exposure to an infected person.

“I didn’t say I wasn’t going to be tested,” Trump pushed back.

According to the note from the White House physician, “last night after an in-depth discussion with the President regarding COVID-19 testing, he elected to proceed.”

“This evening,” the White House physician said, “I received confirmation that the test is negative.”

The White House physician added that he has been in “daily contact” with the Center for Disease Control and White House Coronavirus Task Force.

“We are encouraging the implementation of all their best practices for exposure reduction and transmission mitigation,” he said.

Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday that he has not yet been tested, but would consider doing so.

“I’m going to speak immediately after this press conference with White House physician’s office,” Pence said. “Mrs. Pence and I would be more than happy to be tested.”

Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said in a statement that temperature checks are now being performed on individuals in close contact with the Trump and Pence. This includes members of the media who attended the news conference.

Several members of Congress, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, have gone into self-isolation after exposure to people with confirmed cases of the virus. Actor Tom Hanks and Utah Jazz basketball player Rudy Gobert have also tested positive.

Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, wife of Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, tested positive for the virus. The prime minister has shown no symptoms but both are in isolation.

I can hear the weeping from this board.

What about his syphilis?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the number of positive cases he, his staff, and his administration have come into contact with I'm honestly surprised. Like not in a 'QQ why won't he get sick?!' kinda way but actually, honest-to-god fascinated.

Maybe he really is made of Teflon.

Then again, the white house doctor said he was 6'3" and was the pinnacle of physical fitness because of his genetics so who even knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    according to the White House physician.
    Is this the same physician who said he could live to be 200 or the one who said he was 1lb shy of being overweight?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Is this the same physician who said he could live to be 200 or the one who said he was 1lb shy of being overweight?

*takes bong hit*

You questioning my medicality skills son?

Plenty of time yet for the boomer remover to do its work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/14/trum...ctor-says.html

President Donald Trump has tested negative for the coronavirus, according to the White House physician.

Trump opted to take the test after the press secretary for Brazil’s president tested positive for the virus. Trump dined with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro and his press secretary at Mar-a-Lago. Bolsonaro said Friday that he tested negative for the virus.

Trump had said earlier Saturday that he had taken a test for the coronavirus and was awaiting results. He said he had decided he would do so after a press conference Friday, in which he was pressed on whether he would take a test. One reporter asked whether he was being “selfish” by not getting tested – even when other administration officials advised self-isolation after exposure to an infected person.

“I didn’t say I wasn’t going to be tested,” Trump pushed back.

According to the note from the White House physician, “last night after an in-depth discussion with the President regarding COVID-19 testing, he elected to proceed.”

“This evening,” the White House physician said, “I received confirmation that the test is negative.”

The White House physician added that he has been in “daily contact” with the Center for Disease Control and White House Coronavirus Task Force.

“We are encouraging the implementation of all their best practices for exposure reduction and transmission mitigation,” he said.

Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday that he has not yet been tested, but would consider doing so.

“I’m going to speak immediately after this press conference with White House physician’s office,” Pence said. “Mrs. Pence and I would be more than happy to be tested.”

Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said in a statement that temperature checks are now being performed on individuals in close contact with the Trump and Pence. This includes members of the media who attended the news conference.

Several members of Congress, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, have gone into self-isolation after exposure to people with confirmed cases of the virus. Actor Tom Hanks and Utah Jazz basketball player Rudy Gobert have also tested positive.

Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, wife of Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, tested positive for the virus. The prime minister has shown no symptoms but both are in isolation.

I can hear the weeping from this board.
    Excuse me, while I don't take the moron's word for it.

I mean I really dislike Trump politically but I do not wish this virus on him. I don't wish that on anyone. So I actually hope he is negitive in his results. Like 100%. I want to beat him in an election. That's it.

Yeah they also claimed Trump was as healthy as a young man. Nothing coming out of the white house can be believed.

It is hard to know how truthful the report is, but at face value this is nice to hear.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Well, pity. I was hoping for some nice karma. Then again, I'm a bitter ex-republican who wishes most of the GOP would test positive for it too.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-15 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Only an idiot would believe anything from the same doctor that routinely says that Trump isn't obese.

Our dear, Glorious Leader is impervious to any virus, disease or physical harm. Built like a Greek god, he will live forever.

All hail our Immune Leader!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Just following this thread for all the delicious dissapointed responses.

Just gonna take a wild guess and assume all the posters with the impeach MF in their sigs aren't gonna believe it. Then again they are the smartest people to ever exist and everyone else is just a stupid peasant.

Hmf..had he tested positive it might have explained his last slurred speech...glassy eyes...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear. I hope Joe Biden also escapes it. And Bernie.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Just gonna take a wild guess and assume all the posters with the impeach MF in their sigs aren't gonna believe it. Then again they are the smartest people to ever exist and everyone else is just a stupid peasant.
    Remember how the White House physician praised his "incredible genes", and that Trump could live up to 200 years old? That kind of adoration kind of eats your credibility.

So yeah, I'm going to wait a little bit longer, and see if he gets ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The key part of a good 4chan troll is yelling "I'm not mad you're mad" before anyone else has a chance to comment. It's how you prove you're the least mad, while surely proving they're the most mad. Yep.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if you take trumps word for anything, you are pretty stupid. Can’t say much about the intelligence of others though.