View Poll Results: Did you know it was dangerous to give honey to someone under one year of age?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • I knew!

30 73.17%
  • I did not know!

8 19.51%
  • Shit, now I freaking know.

3 7.32%
  • Honey will help my infant better than vaccines!

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    snip!
    This is neither here nor there, but your signature makes me imagine that the same would happen to @Stelio Kontos if he shaved it all off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would possibly feed honey to a baby under one and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    This is neither here nor there, but your signature makes me imagine that the same would happen to @Stelio Kontos if he shaved it all off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Not going to provide a source? Flagging this thread as spam.
    source read the label. i hear reading is hard.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account

Literally on every honey container.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you shouldn't, but I probably wouldn't have done that regardless because it feels like they'd have trouble swallowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    source read the label. i hear reading is hard.
    Generally when someone makes a claim, evidence is required to back it up. I heard providing evidence is hard lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Generally when someone makes a claim, evidence is required to back it up. I heard providing evidence is hard lol.
    Only this is not a claim its a known fact even here in this very thread more people know then don't.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can have small amounts of botulinum in it, which can cause paralysis. Babies that young don't always have a high enough acidity in their stomachs to kill it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    the evidence is on the bottle but apparently you can't read. facts are not required to be proven. like at all. i'm sorry you can't be bothered to read the numerous posts in this thread proving that anyways but that's YOUR problem. what's next your going to say they are all photoshopped?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-13 at 04:02 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

the evidence is on the bottle but apparently you can't read. facts are not required to be proven. like at all. i'm sorry you can't be bothered to read the numerous posts in this thread proving that anyways but that's YOUR problem. what's next your going to say they are all photoshopped?
    The picture was posted after the post. You'd think that would be included in the OP but some people have an IQ equal to room temperature.

10+ Year Old Account
    The picture was posted after the post. You'd think that would be included in the OP but some people have an IQ equal to room temperature.
    how ironic you posted that comment. you would think that you having read the label would end it but nope here you still are whining about semantics that don't matter. i pity you. here go to your local store and look at a bottle of honey and READ THE LABEL. then come back and apologize for being so obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I don't know why you shouldn't, but I probably wouldn't have done that regardless because it feels like they'd have trouble swallowing it.
    It can cause botulism in infants

Infant botulism
    Health Alert
    Several babies in Texas have become ill with infant botulism after using honey pacifiers. Do not give honey or products made with it, including honey pacifiers, to children younger than 12 months. Find out moreexternal icon >

Most infant botulism cases cannot be prevented because the bacteria that causes the disease is in soil and dust. The bacteria can be found inside homes on floors, carpet, and countertops—even after cleaning. For almost all children and adults who are healthy, ingesting botulism spores is not dangerous and will not cause botulism (it’s the toxin that is dangerous). For reasons we do not understand, some infants get botulism when the spores get into their digestive tracts, grow, and produce the toxin.

Honey can contain the bacteria that causes infant botulism, so do not feed honey to children younger than 12 months. Honey is safe for people 1 year of age and older. Learn more about infant botulism from the Infant Botulism Treatment and Prevention Programexternal icon.
    http://www.infantbotulism.org/general/faq.php

how ironic you posted that comment. you would think that you having read the label would end it but nope here you still are whining about semantics that don't matter. i pity you. here go to your local store and look at a bottle of honey and READ THE LABEL. then come back and apologize for being so obtuse.
    Holy shit you are obtuse. Honey being damaging to children isn't common knowledge. OP posts something without any evidence and I'm just supposed to believe them? That is a new level of autism. You must believe everything you read on the internet. Sad.
    Last edited by crewskater; 2020-03-13 at 06:02 PM.

Holy shit you are obtuse. Honey being damaging to children isn't common knowledge. OP posts something without any evidence and I'm just supposed to believe them? That is a new level of autism. You must believe everything you read on the internet. Sad.
    Why is this still being argued?

I posted on post #12 that there is a warning on the label. Post #13 has a picture confirming what I posted. Post #17 you complained that the OP's claim wasn't sourced, that's fine but also moot as it was proven with post #13. Post #28 further confirms the claim.

I get it, posting stuff like this should be sourced but the claim has since been confirmed, there is zero point in continuing to complain that the OP didn't source their claim anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Why is this still being argued?

I posted on post #12 that there is a warning on the label. Post #13 has a picture confirming what I posted. Post #17 you complained that the OP's claim wasn't sourced, that's fine but also moot as it was proven with post #13. Post #28 further confirms the claim.

I get it, posting stuff like this should be sourced but the claim has since been confirmed, there is zero point in continuing to complain that the OP didn't source their claim anymore.
    I originally missed your post#12. But yeah OP should have it in the thread otherwise it looks bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Get back on topic in a civil manner.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Get back on topic in a civil manner.
    I thought we were

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I thought we were
    Civil-er manner.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Of course. That this wouldn't be common knowledge for someone is dangerous.